433: The Real Invincibles! (3 seasons unbeaten and counting...)

What do you think of the tactic?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the tactic?

• Good results - Good Football
    • Bad results - Good Football
    • Good results - Poor Football
    • Bad results - Poor Football

@IcePick

Sorry for the late reply.

I have absolutely no idea why your Balotelli is not working. As you can see in my OPs, I chose him as my ideal winger. He should be absolutely unstoppable in this tactic. I think you could try simplify the tactic, by cancelling the swapping of positions. Let the players play in their best position for now, and see if that helps. But certainly, Balotelli should be doing much much better.

Personally, I would swap Cambiasso with Motta. The MCd is your main playmaker, and of the two, Motta is the better passer of the ball, with superior passing and creativity attribute. Cambiasso, with his high OTB and anticipation attributes, decent first touch and finishing, and the sweet PPM of "Get into Opposition Area," would make a very good MCs I think.

I'm also not too sure why Sneijder is not doing well for you. With just one glance of him, I can tell he's a real gem of a player to have in this position. I think that if he stay injury-free, and get a run in this tactic, he can become a very good performer for you. Keep in mind though, the the MCa do not get a lot of good numbers to add to their statistics. Keep an eye on the Avg. rating.

Personally, I think that once your team get used to the tactic, you will be doing much better.

Regarding your striker, I just want to ask, did you sell Eto? I think he's a great player to have. He can lead the line, or if you don't want to waste his pace, you can use him as a FL or FR, with the exact same setting as your AMR/AML.

I'd be tempted to sell Marin (not a fan of such a lazy selfish cowardice player) and use Eto as an inside forward (play him as FL or FR though, with no swapping) and get

yourself a proper target man. I can't recommend anyone higher than Dzeko!

@Kawee

No problem mate, thanks for replying at all!

I’ve compared my Balotelli with your Balotelli and there’s quite a difference. Like I said, in my game he’s still only 20 years old. In your game, he’s 28. I guess that makes the difference. Patience is required I suppose. Unfortunately, that’s not my strong suit haha. But I’ll wait for it, lol.

I see your point in Cambiasso. The only thing I’m considering is that he would take Muntari’s place in MCs, who has been great in this season. And in my new season, he’s also already got 9 goals in 12 league apps, with an AVG of 7.73.

So I think I’ll be using Motta as a bench player, he’ll get plenty of time anyway. But I like your idea of putting Motta in MCd position, haven’t tried that yet.

With Sneijder, like Balotelli, I guess patience is the key word here. I’ll see what he does in the new season. So far, he’s been decent.

I still have Eto’o. I’ve retrained him in both the AMR and AML position, he’s now accomplished in both and getting enough playing time in those positions. He’s doing quite well, getting his fair share of goals and assists and he has a decent AVG of 7.23 so far.

As for Marin, I swapped him with Olympique Lyon for Lisandro López. It seems like I made my best transfer ever with that one. I’ll give you Lisandro’s stats:

League: 14 (1) Apps, 14 goals, 8 assists, AVG 8.30

Continental: 6 Apps, 2 goals, 5 assists, AVG 7.88

Overall: 20 (1) Apps, 16 goals, 13 assists, AVG 8.09

I’m thrilled with his performances, he’s been absolutely brilliant. I considered Dzeko, but I had him in a previous save, and I always like to play with different players!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kawee,

u saved my sad FM career :p Finally my team plays an attacking footbball and they win the matches as well.

U said no to use with weak teams - it is kind of relative - but I am playing the polish league with Wisla and it is all impressive. So it works, even with weak teams ;)

Got only 1 question: how do u tweak the tactic against really strong opponents, when it appears to be to offensive. Like playing away another title contender?

Cheers and thanx for the great tactic

Davva

I tried somthing new kawee, I changed the Advance playma to the right striker position and put him as Complete foward attack,i only use this against weaker teams,Cus better teams own me by that. Working fairly well,I need to upload some screens.

Wonderfull tactic,Just bought dzeko and his doing fantastic...Fullbacks get plenty of assits.

@andrjam

Thank you very much for the picture. I've always wanted to post some in-game screenshot, but I'm quite computer-illiterate, so I have no idea how to do it. If you look at my screenshots, I only use basic tools like Paint.

To be honest, when I was designing the defense of this tactic, the only concepts I had in my mind were:

1) Pressure the player with the ball

2) Tightly mark everyone else

That really was it. Nothing else. And I think it works well so far.

I don't know if GK distribution makes much of a difference. I only chose quick throw because I don't know what "defender collect" is, and "quick throw" sounds like something that'll help me launch counter-attacks.

@The Icepick

Good to see you doing well. Regarding Balotelli, I promise he'll do well for you. I just can't see how he could possibly fail to perform in this tactic. He really that amazing. He performed well for me since season 1 (I loaned him in in season one, before buying him all out for 29m in the 2nd season.)

Regarding Eto, it's amazing you've trained him into two new positions. I've always been careful with retraining players into more than one position. I don't know how well he's going to do, but I hope he does well. I still think playing him as an FL or FR, without the swapping position, might bring out the best in him.

@Davva

I only said no to weaker teams because I've never tried it with weaker teams, and I just can't see the weaker players pulling off the things I ask them to. Just look at the settings, you have at least 5 outfield players with closing down at "whole pitch" that's a lot of running. Unless you got players with decent stamina and work-rate, I am not sure it it'll work. Or look at the striker for example. According to his settings, he needs to be good at dribbling, at HUB, and at passing. That's quite demanding!

Personally, I don't make tweaks going into games. I make in-game tweaks, when I think the gameplan is not working. Some of the things I do include, playing faster more direct passing, narrow the width, deeper D-line, and/or attacking "down both flanks" or "mixed." I take it game by game.

@Yaniv.

I know that that'll work. It's one of the tweaks I mention in the OP. It really does work well against weaker teams, you expect to dominate anyway, especially when they park the bus. It's also a useful practice to have when you're chasing for a goal.

I told you so about Dzeko. The man is unstoppable! I'm quite surprised your fullbacks are getting plenty of assists though. Mine don't :(

Cheers!

Well for some reason,My team started Finding the Fullbacks often on attacks when using the 2 strikers,What happend i Cancel the set target man,So they will search both of the strikers,The MC often Give the balls to fullbacks,who normally cross it to dzeko,who is crazy on headers.

Richards got 6 assists so far with 9 Crossing...

Bale is on 5 assits with 14 crossing...

Kawe, I would like you please explain to me during the game if you use some kind of instruction, example:

retain possession / get the ball forward, play 'wider / narrower, hassle The Opposition

overload, control, normal

among other options please help me because I always have a difficult time as against Real Madrid and Barcelona.

thanks

@ vando

Its really kind of hard for me to help you out.

First of all, I don't use any shout whatsoever. If I'm going to make a tactical tweak, I do it manually.

Second of all, I don't know what your problem is exactly. I haven't played against Barcelona and Madrid often enough to notice a pattern. However, I would suggest you go into the game with the original tactic, and take it from there. Perhaps change to fast direct passing, down both flanks. Perhaps play more narrow, and deeper D-line. Look at the game, and analyse what changes you need to make.

Cheers

@ vando

Its really kind of hard for me to help you out.

First of all, I don't use any shout whatsoever. If I'm going to make a tactical tweak, I do it manually.

Second of all, I don't know what your problem is exactly. I haven't played against Barcelona and Madrid often enough to notice a pattern. However, I would suggest you go into the game with the original tactic, and take it from there. Perhaps change to fast direct passing, down both flanks. Perhaps play more narrow, and deeper D-line. Look at the game, and analyse what changes you need to make.

Cheers

I also wanted to ask how to play against top opposition but I guess this is the answer. But please man please put a few words about important attributes, I know you are busy but this is such a wonderful tactic, maybe the best I have ever seen so I have to knoe which players to sign for it. Thank you

@ John_Cro

Thank you for your enthusiasm. I got a new girl in my life, that's why I've been very busy. But I got a bit of free time this weekend, so I'm working on your request. I should be done by Sunday night (Vancouver time.)

Thank you once again. It's people like you that makes me want to keep contributing.

Cheers.

Love the tactic although i have not tried it.

I personally never download tactics as i prefer making my own which are typically good enough.

I love the simple tactical ideas behind it and how effective it is.

One question how does rodwell peform for you i can see why he would do well but he never has peformed for me in that role.

If i get round to making a tactic of these ideas i wonder if mikel would work there in my chelsea save.

Thinking about it more this tactic is remarkabley similar to the one chelsea use irl so it should work for them in game i will.

When i make my tactic on these ideas i will report back.

Great work keep it up.

Hey there,

I'm about to start a new game, with LIVERPOOL. What starting 11 would you recommend ??? I will be using the summer transfers patch...

My main concerns are the following:

-Gerrard as the Mca or the Mcs ???

-the same with Raul Meireles... Mcs or Mcd ???

-Joe Cole as a winger or Mca ???

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Great tactic Kawee. Tested it with Holland and took them to the final of the WC. I actualy won it this time :) and with beautifull football too.

@FireAndLight: as I see it, the striker and the mcd are the most important players. If those two are worldclass they will carry the average players around them

Well...looks I won't be able to post the PDF file I wanted to after all. I actually got down to completing it (had a bad day so I needed something to help distract me.) However, My laptop is now a pile of junk. No idea if I'm going to even bother fixing it, or just grab myself a new laptop altogether. Sorry for pretty much neglecting the thread. It's mid-term season in uni, so I've been awfully busy.

@dimi

I personally don't think you got a real MCd in Liverpool. I would grab that first of all. Both Gerrard and Raul seems like MCs, but I think Gerrard can handle MCa as well. But that would mean Joe Cole playing as one of the winger.

@FireandLight

I use the SFraser training program, and I train them in the arts of being a "CF" but I up his "attacking" training a bit so that there's some more emphasis on his passing and creativity.

Personally, I'm not too sure which are the most important. Karax's suggestion makes a lot of sense to emphasize on the targetman and the playmaker. However, personally, I would go for the striker and a winger. If you look carefully at the posts, you'll see that everyone is consistent in seeing that the wingers get the most scoring chances. Look at IcePick team for example, he picked up Lisandro Lopez and that man does really well for him. I think that with a world-class winger and striker, you'll have at least two positions that consistently score goals for you, and we all want goals don't we. The defensive side of things are pretty much taken care of by the system.

But if you have to choose just one position, I'll always go for the striker. The attack revolves around him after all. Let me post my so-good-he-is-like-a-cheat-code newgen striker, which I fortunately have saved in my imageshack profile.

hemkes.th.png

He is pretty much the perfect striker. I love beastly striker and this guy is fast, quick, and powerful! And he's good with both feet! And then throw in great technical abilities, the man is pretty much a force of nature. I mean, he score on average a goal per game, is the team leader in assist, and (something people tend not to notice) also the team leader in the amount of successful dribbles!

Grab yourself a world-class striker, and he will literally lead the team, from the front, head on, into victories.

@karax

Glad to hear the tactic working well. I won the Euro and the World Cup with both Brazil and Italy with a variation of this tactic. They didn't really have the players for it, so I had to adapt. For Brazil, for example, I played 4-3-3, with FR and FL instead of AMR and AML. Otherwise, it's exaclty the same setting, and gave me the same performance anyway. I don't think I'll try Holland anytime soon, since in my save, their players, bar the ones at my club, aren't very good (I count 3 world-class players in total, and two of them are from my team.) It's always lovely to see that the tactic, among the success, is producing great football along the way as well.

Cheers.

I've had the same problem with the holland team. after a few years the good players ritire and your stuck with avarage players. That's why I'm excited to see the dynamic league reputation in FM11 (though I'm not reall y sure if I'm going to buy it)

Beautifull football has always been my goal in my saves. As I tend to play with the big teams, after a few seasons the chalenge to perform has gone. Watching myeam play beautifull football really helps me keep going through the seasons.

Speaking of keep going with saves, I just started a new one with man utd :p

Using your tactic again and its working fantastic. I won the comunity shield 2-1

five games into the league I have 15 points, 14 scored, 1 conceded and stand firmly at the top off the league.

The fifth game is my favorite (and the reason I'm sharing my season start)

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3860/manutd40chelsea.jpg

it totaly made my day :D

MY team:

GK Van der Sar/ De Gea (De Gea is going to play the League cup and FA cup for me. if everything goes well, roles will be turned around next season.

DR Brown/ Rafael

DL Evra/ Fabio (though O'shea will play more here than Fabio

CD Ferdniand Vidic / Evans O'shea

MCd De Rossi/ Rodwell

MCS Fletcher/Hargreaves

MCa Gourcuff/ Anderson

Wingers Nani Rooney / Giggs Valencia

Striker Berbatov/ Macheda (though Rooney will play there more than Macheda obviously

I tried to go for Balotelli but I came 10M short, so maybe in january :)

The same applies to me Karax. It's not about the results anymore. There's so many ways to get the results. It become all about the beautiful football, and role-playing for me. Beautiful football taken care of by the tactic. The role-playing side is taken care of by house rules. Like never signing anyone over 18. Things like that. It really help lengthen a save.

As for Balotelli, you should have loan him. That's what I did. And then I bought him out right 29m the next year.

But then again, you're using Man Utd. I hope your team "crash and burn." ;)

Just thought i'd have a quick shout and say cheers for the tactic, it seems to be going well. Not played that many games mind but hopefully it continues to go well. My main point in posting is the fact that i think Berbatov (yes, i know you hate Man Utd lol) is AMAZING in the ST role, he can do the lot!!!!

Hi Kawee, i was using this tactic with arsenal for the first half of the first season, then switched to another tactic to compare.. in the second season, on 30th October 2010 (game time), even though the winning rate is about the same, i decided to switch back to this because it's easier to win 2-0 or so with this tactic.. below are results after the switch just for sharing and it's now the end of jan transfer window:

Man Utd V Arsenal 1-5

Arsenal V Toulouse FC 4-0

Arsenal V Sunderland 2-0

Everton V Arsenal 3-2

Arsenal V Birmingham 3-1

Basel V Arsenal 0-3

Bolton V Arsenal 0-0

Arsenal V Chelsea 2-1

Arsenal V Chelsea 1-0

Arsenal V Zenit 3-1

Wolves V Arsenal 1-6

Arsenal V Burnley 4-1

Reading V Arsenal 0-4

Arsenal V Man City 4-0

Arsenal V Doncaster 6-0

Bolton V Arsenal 1-1

Aston Villa V Arsenal 0-5

QPR V Arsenal 0-2

Arsenal V Bolton 4-1

Arsenal V Blackburn 2-0

Arsenal V Blackburn 3-0

Arsenal V West Ham 3-0

Awesome tactic!! hahah and u'r right, Lukaku is a beast!! in 09/10 season, he tops my club chart in assists.. not that many goals but still 2 digits.. in the current season, i think he's getting used to the tactic and now tops the scoring chart.. though not many assists.. hahah..

One thing i noticed, though i not sure whether it has been pointed out before, if the winger's ppm is move into channels AND cut inside, seems like he'll have better chances of rounding the keeper and then score.. He'll move in between channel to receive a through pass, and when the defence moves back to chase him, he cuts back, cuts inside, run in front of the keeper to lure him out, and score.. he does that quite a few times already.. now i'm testing it out by teaching my other winger Dudu the 2 ppms..

btw, just wondering whether u have ever tried to swap the MCa and MCs?

Hey there,

I'm about to start a new game, with LIVERPOOL. What starting 11 would you recommend ??? I will be using the summer transfers patch...

My main concerns are the following:

-Gerrard as the Mca or the Mcs ???

-the same with Raul Meireles... Mcs or Mcd ???

-Joe Cole as a winger or Mca ???

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

If i were u, i'd put gerrard as MCs, Meireles as MCd, Joe Cole as winger..

@larxus

Good to see the tactic working well for you. I noticed a few disappointing results in there, and I wonder if it's because you take the "plug-and-play" description way too literally. There is a reason why there's a tweak section in the OP, and why it was discussed here. Have you tried making any changes during game? You should if you haven't tried it before.

@michaelthestange

My bad. I was experimenting with a new setting for the striker at the time. To be honest, I didn't notice too much difference, but then again, I don't notice a lot of things.

@larxus

Good to see the tactic working well for you. I noticed a few disappointing results in there, and I wonder if it's because you take the "plug-and-play" description way too literally. There is a reason why there's a tweak section in the OP, and why it was discussed here. Have you tried making any changes during game? You should if you haven't tried it before.

Oh.. actually it was because i read the tweaks wrongly initially.. and some i dun really understand.. for the tweak where u sub in a striker, i read it wrongly as sub in the striker to replace one winger.. hmm.. dunno y i read it that way that time.. as for the CB marking, how do u determine which CB has a higher mentality cause if i go think about it, my Gamberini has slightly lower mentality compared to Otamendi but Otamendi has low decisions.. which tends to hurt sometimes.. my sakho has balanced mentality but still slightly lower than Otamendi's too.. and facing a complete striker like ibrahimovic, does otamendi's height comes as a problem?

Oh.. actually it was because i read the tweaks wrongly initially.. and some i dun really understand.. for the tweak where u sub in a striker, i read it wrongly as sub in the striker to replace one winger.. hmm.. dunno y i read it that way that time.. as for the CB marking, how do u determine which CB has a higher mentality cause if i go think about it, my Gamberini has slightly lower mentality compared to Otamendi but Otamendi has low decisions.. which tends to hurt sometimes.. my sakho has balanced mentality but still slightly lower than Otamendi's too.. and facing a complete striker like ibrahimovic, does otamendi's height comes as a problem?

The right side CB has the higher mentality in this tactic. It's basically just part of the Nike Defense. Use a stopper CB in this position, and a cover CB in the left side CB position. In your example, I'd go with Sakho as the right-side CB and Otamendi as the left-side CB.

The right side CB has the higher mentality in this tactic. It's basically just part of the Nike Defense. Use a stopper CB in this position, and a cover CB in the left side CB position. In your example, I'd go with Sakho as the right-side CB and Otamendi as the left-side CB.

oh, ok.. thx for the feedback..

Your tactic looks very similar to Cleons Sheff Utd Project 08 (I think) the high defensive line and the pressing are different but it probably works in the same way. The 3 in the middle seem to be the key it makes the formation difficult to break down but also allows an extra runner from midfield when you attack and so overloading the defence. I've used it in a more counter attacking form and it works at all levels of the game.

Your tactic looks very similar to Cleons Sheff Utd Project 08 (I think) the high defensive line and the pressing are different but it probably works in the same way. The 3 in the middle seem to be the key it makes the formation difficult to break down but also allows an extra runner from midfield when you attack and so overloading the defence. I've used it in a more counter attacking form and it works at all levels of the game.

I've never read that thread, but knowing Cleon, I'm sure this is a compliment.

To be honest, this tactic was built around football theories more than anything. As you said, the three central midfield makes it very solid, and still potent in attack.

This looks a great tactic, been playing CM/FM since CM2 and have always been one for creating and sticking to my own stuff and being pretty successful with them too.

But I'm now in the middle of setting up a new Liverpool save to incorporate your tactic Kawee.

My squad isn't 100% suited to the tactic so have begun making some changes to try to have as many of the the type of players you recommend in my squad as possible.

So here's how my squad is shaping up...

Keepers:

I'm obviously going to stick with Reina in goal and have decided that Brad Jones will be a more than sufficient back up for me for the time being whilst I wait on my two new newgens to develop.

Defence:

I've added Philippe Mexes to my centre-half options. I'm not a huge fan of Skrtel so will most likely look to move him on next summer. Agger & Mexes will be my first choice partnership.

At left full I've decided to cut my losses with Fabio Aurelio, he's too attack minded and doesn't have the required defensive stats to justify a long run in my team. Konchesky is so nearly the perfect choice but his starting stats are just 2 & 3 digits below what I think I'm gonna need so at best he'll be my back up. Searching the market for a top grade left full back has been without doubt my biggest challenge in pre-season. In the end I've decided to go with Cheik M'Bengue from Toulouse, at 20 he has lots of scope for development and his defensive stats are already better than Konchesky's.

Right full is going to be Jamie Carragher for now, Martin Kelly is going to provide back up and I honestly hope he can develop in the way I think he can. Glen Johnson...my least favourite LFC player IRL is a gonner...far too offensive for this tactic. He'll generate a ton of cash for me to reinvest elsewhere.

Kyrgiakos and Wilson will provide extra cover in times of suspension & injury.

Midfield:

Out go Poulsen, Lucas and Jovanovic. Nice lump of cash made available by shipping those three out allowing me to scour the market for a MCd to be our new playmaker. In the end I got scared off by some enormous prices for my initial targets so settled for Steven Defour from Standard for £11.5m. Raul Meireles and Steven Gerrard will be my MCs and MCa respectively. Backup for these positions very scarce so have brought in Keisuke Honda and am currently scouring the market for some good yet cheap players to add to the mix...suggestions welcomed!

Attack:

Out wide I'm going to rotate a combination of Joe Cole, Maxi Rodriguez, Luis Suarez (£11m from Ajax) and Ryan Babel.

Centrally, my main man Fernando Torres will hopefully do the business for me. Have also managed to recruit Romelu Lukaku and Vaclav Kadlec but realise they're gonna need time to bed-in and devleop to be of great use to me form the beginning. Dirk Kuyt will be my main backup ST and N'Gog will provide further cover down the squad.

Any further suggestions for squad additions would be welcomed.

My first league game is fast approaching so dying to get under way and test out your tactic, looks great.

@Byrnish

Thank you for trying out my tactic. Do provide us with some feedback!

First of all, I'm surprised you splashed out on Mexes! I think Liverpool have decent enough CBs (although they do lack some pace.) But each to his own.

Personally, I think you have too many strikers. You'll only be using one each game, so I think you'll only need three in the squad. But right now you have 5 (Torres, Lukaku, Kadlec, Kuyt, and Ngog.) One option you can do is loan out both youngsters so that they can get game time somewhere else and improve. Personally, I would sell both Kuyt and Ngog. I just don't think they can do a good job. Ngog looks like a poacher to me. Kuyt, just because he'll reap big money. Otherwise, he can probably do a decent job for you as backup striker. Lukaku can do a decent job for you even in the first season too. Kadlec, I have no idea who he is, so I can't comment.

If you sell Kuyt, you might have enough money to get yourself a good MCs. If you look at IcePick Inter, Muntari was doing extremely well for him. And Fellaini was absolutely legendary for me. Then Raul can be your backup MCs instead. Not a bad backup player to have! Although, to be honest, I don't know what his attributes look like at all. Perhaps he's good enough to be your 1st choice anyway!

Another option would be to look for a new MCa. These guys are usually easier to find since there are an abundance of attacking midfielders out there. Gerrard can play as MCs instead. His great all-round play, and amazing work-rate will make him a phenomenal box-to-box player.

Cheers.

Hi Kawee, I'd just like to ask, when u use the tweaks, do u use them separately? or do u combine them once in a while? Also, if u used the tweak where u change one midfield to poacher, do u change the poacher back to midfield when u have gotten the goal u'r looking for?

Hi Kawee, I'd just like to ask, when u use the tweaks, do u use them separately? or do u combine them once in a while? Also, if u used the tweak where u change one midfield to poacher, do u change the poacher back to midfield when u have gotten the goal u'r looking for?

I use them as a combination. I just use them according to my intuition. But things like direct passing at high tempo usually goes together. Playing narrow and low d-line also helps with counter-attacking. Just go with your intuition.

And no, I do not change the poacher back into midfield, because that would mean making another substitute. And since there's not much of the game left, there's no reason.

I use them as a combination. I just use them according to my intuition. But things like direct passing at high tempo usually goes together. Playing narrow and low d-line also helps with counter-attacking. Just go with your intuition.

And no, I do not change the poacher back into midfield, because that would mean making another substitute. And since there's not much of the game left, there's no reason.

ok thx for the reply.. also.. when u change the tempo and the passing, do u change it to the extreme opposite or like exact opposite if u get wat i mean..

Kawee - have you tried your tactic on the Demo for FM11? I'm trying it and it still seems very effective!

That's good to hear. So I won't have to start from scratch when I finally get my hands on FM11 in Feb. I'm not surprised though. There has been no real comments as to any drastic changes to how the match engine works.

Anyhow, I'll wait till the 3rd patch comes out before I buy the game.

That's good to hear. So I won't have to start from scratch when I finally get my hands on FM11 in Feb. I'm not surprised though. There has been no real comments as to any drastic changes to how the match engine works.

Anyhow, I'll wait till the 3rd patch comes out before I buy the game.

Kawee - Just had to come on here to say fantastic work on this tactic.

Im a decent player with a reasonable eye for buying players/promoting youngsters and then motivating them to perform. I can get promotions using my own formations but always come up short when it comes to the big competitions. I've assembled a very talented squad at Derby in 2018 which finished 2nd Last season in the premier with my own 4-1-2-1-2/5-3-2 hybrid formation which got some good results but ultimately fell short.

Started using this formation and after an initial bedding in period which resulted in my players lashing passes all over the place aimlessly and straight to the opposition they have finally got to grips with it. Now I'm actually enjoying watching my young squad stroke the ball around and play some lovely football. I have no doubt i can win this with this formation once my team matures a bit.

This tactic is producing beautiful one touch passing and the striker settings are genius. My regen striker is blossoming, his link up play is excellent and he still manages to get on the end of some crosses from the wide men.

Hope to carry this tactic into FM2011 as it sums up how i like football to be played.

Keep up the good work !

1st season with Boro in the Championship and won it with 98 points 3 clear of forrest W30 D8 L8

Had some major personel issues throughout the season with Boyd being injured for 5 month of the season finished with 18 goals 12 assists in 25 games McDonald just wasnt up to scratch for this formation, I also had to use Marvin Emnes and Jonothan Franks as my 2 wingers for the majority of the season after loaning in Vela he got injured and then brought Traore in on loan in Jan to see him get injured Franks actually had a pretty awesome season and is developing well but Emnes doesnt quite seem to suit the system.

All in all impressed so far it was a season ravaged by injuries with weak players (or players that don;t quite suit the system) playing for the majority of the season time to consolidate in the Prem and get to that 2nd pre season when some major rebuilding money will be available.

Will update with how things go.

Kawee - this tactic isn't working so well in FM11 11.1 - it worked well in the demo, then whatever was changed in the ME for the patch has made the tactic unplayable!

Probably just a case of a few tweaks here and there...

Aye... this tactic was the bee's knees in FM10. I hope you can come out with something similar in FM 11! :)

I can never really enjoy this game until I find a good tactic. It's never fun playing as Newcastle without a decent tactic...

This tactic seems to be playing quite well in FM11 same as your tactic with Mr Houghs tweaks my only concern is the defensive side of the tactic any suggestions Kawee or Mr Hough on how to tighten this up please I'm currently playing as Boro in first season with no signings

Archived