433: The Real Invincibles! (3 seasons unbeaten and counting...)

What do you think of the tactic?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the tactic?

• Good results - Good Football
    • Bad results - Good Football
    • Good results - Poor Football
    • Bad results - Poor Football

@edwinteo

Re: Winger

I get that sometimes too. Personally, I think it's a combination of how good your wingers are, and how good the opponents' defenders are at tracking back. Missed chances is an unexplained science. My Balotelli miss easy chances too. Looking at your backup wingers though (your first two choices are top notch by the way) I'm not overly impressed. Cristian Rodriguez is much more a traditional winger than an inside-forward, although he should do well enough. I wouldn't use this one game against him too much. Marko Marin though, doesn't look great. He's a creator, hands down. Everything about him just shouts playmaker, except for his very low teamwork. However, he has some glaring flaws for this position. Remember that in this tactic, the winger's main job is to score goals. Marin finishing is poor. Marin's anticipation is poor (first of all, you're lucky he even anticipates a pass, it does help he has decent OTB attribute, but he might fail to anticipate a challenge once he's through on goal.) He makes poor decisions. He has very low balance and strength and in those tight space in front of goal, the defender will make a physical challenge. And then you throw in the fact that he's selfish, lazy, cowardice, and can't defend for shyte, I would seriously think about offloading him, or tweaking the tactic to get the most out of him. A tactic, where's he's the playmaker, and is used as a Trequarista (spelling?) might suit him better.

Re: Ozil as MCa

I agree that playing Ozil as MCa truly betrays his true potential. He is another one of your player who's really a playmaker. Personally I don't really like this Riquelme type of player because I like my players to be all-rounded, and these players can't defend for love or money. But even though the position doesn't best suit him, and he doesn't best suit the tactic, I'm surprised he's not doing too well in attack. Perhaps you could give the tactic some more games, and make some more observations. I'm quite interested as to why an MCa as good as Ozil to not contributing.

Re: Uncoordinated attacks

Have you given the tactic sufficient amount of time? I specifically designed this tactic to have a "False Nine" (It's even one of my main feature!) so I'm surprised your striker is not dropping deep to pick up the ball. The AMC area is usually where he drops to. It's why he's never isolated in this tactic, and why it's so difficult for the CBs to handle because there's no one in the box for them to mark. The fact that they have a DMC, most probably mean they don't have 3 additional CMs. That should mean your MCa and MCs should be free to run wild. Are they not making forward runs? Ozil should, but I don't know who your MCs is.

To be honest, your observation just sound wrong (I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there might be a cause for it all to go wrong.) It's not working anything like the tactic is suppose to. Have you given it sufficient amount of time? If you do choose to stick with the tactic, do report back with further observations as I'm interested in how much your team improve, if at all, once you use this tactic for a while, and if the problems you mention get solved at all.

Cheers.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@edwinteo

Re: Winger

I get that sometimes too. Personally, I think it's a combination of how good your wingers are, and how good the opponents' defenders are at tracking back. Missed chances is an unexplained science. My Balotelli miss easy chances too. Looking at your backup wingers though (your first two choices are top notch by the way) I'm not overly impressed. Cristian Rodriguez is much more a traditional winger than an inside-forward, although he should do well enough. I wouldn't use this one game against him too much. Marko Marin though, doesn't look great. He's a creator, hands down. Everything about him just shouts playmaker, except for his very low teamwork. However, he has some glaring flaws for this position. Remember that in this tactic, the winger's main job is to score goals. Marin finishing is poor. Marin's anticipation is poor (first of all, you're lucky he even anticipates a pass, it does help he has decent OTB attribute, but he might fail to anticipate a challenge once he's through on goal.) He makes poor decisions. He has very low balance and strength and in those tight space in front of goal, the defender will make a physical challenge. And then you throw in the fact that he's selfish, lazy, cowardice, and can't defend for shyte, I would seriously think about offloading him, or tweaking the tactic to get the most out of him. A tactic, where's he's the playmaker, and is used as a Trequarista (spelling?) might suit him better.

Re: Ozil as MCa

I agree that playing Ozil as MCa truly betrays his true potential. He is another one of your player who's really a playmaker. Personally I don't really like this Riquelme type of player because I like my players to be all-rounded, and these players can't defend for love or money. But even though the position doesn't best suit him, and he doesn't best suit the tactic, I'm surprised he's not doing too well in attack. Perhaps you could give the tactic some more games, and make some more observations. I'm quite interested as to why an MCa as good as Ozil to not contributing.

Re: Uncoordinated attacks

Have you given the tactic sufficient amount of time? I specifically designed this tactic to have a "False Nine" (It's even one of my main feature!) so I'm surprised your striker is not dropping deep to pick up the ball. The AMC area is usually where he drops to. It's why he's never isolated in this tactic, and why it's so difficult for the CBs to handle because there's no one in the box for them to mark. The fact that they have a DMC, most probably mean they don't have 3 additional CMs. That should mean your MCa and MCs should be free to run wild. Are they not making forward runs? Ozil should, but I don't know who your MCs is.

To be honest, your observation just sound wrong (I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there might be a cause for it all to go wrong.) It's not working anything like the tactic is suppose to. Have you given it sufficient amount of time? If you do choose to stick with the tactic, do report back with further observations as I'm interested in how much your team improve, if at all, once you use this tactic for a while, and if the problems you mention get solved at all.

Cheers.

thx for the reply. Cristian Rodriguez does have a lethal curling shot on him and his finishing is good too. Point taken about Marko Marin. I think he his stats are way too low. IRL he is a firm starter for Werder Bremen, especially when Ozil has left. I sort of use him for his speed, ala Walcott when he first started out and then Lennon before he learnt to cross hahhaa... My hope is that with technical training he will learn to finish, and with age, his mental stats will improve.

my MCs is Sami Khedira. So i use him sort of how he plays IRL, shuttling back and forth in midfield. I only used the tactic once, but i feel to really use Ozil i should isolate him at AMC and have 2 hard-working midfielders to support him. He is definitely the Riquelme type, and he wont value add to the team by 'half-heartenly' closing down opp.

i just had a thought earlier. to shift Ozil to the centre of the midfield 3. Ie. MCd, MCa, MCs or Adrien Silva, Mezut Ozil, Sami Khedira. the idea is to try to replicate how Germany played at the world cup but with an improved defence and transition play and not just to attack on the counter. I personally feel that playing exclusively on the counter was their downfall against Spain.

With Ozil in the centre, with the highest mentality and mixed RFD, he should push up into the hole and link up with the striker. He would have plenty of passing options with the DLP (MCd) behind and MCs ready to burst past. not to mention the Inside forwards breaking the offside trap ahead and the targetman coming deep to pull defenders.

in maintaining 3 across central midfield, they can defend as a unit and help to cover the flanks better, in case of Direct lobbing counter attacks. Ozil would not be required to press hard, just drop back and cover the centre with MCd and MCs moving to close down instead.

Kawee,

I know my tactic isn't 100% similar to yours, but I do use the fundamentals of yours (the 4-3-3 setup, the CM roles, playing wide but through the middle). I ended up winning the league for the 3rd year in a row, 2 points ahead of Chelski, but only because they suffered a severe drop in form the last 5 games.

I took your advice and got rid of Song,and I splashed the cash on Sulley Muntari, who actually scored on his debut :-) And I've signed good youth for my back four.

Anyways, onto my question:

Do you have any experience with changing player roles for the AML/R? RvP works well as an inside forward, but I struggle to get anything out of Gourcuff as an inside forward. I've been toying around with him as an advanced playmaker, and he seems to perform better. The problem is the same with Arshavin and Nasri, who are both very talented players, but seem to be underperforming just a bit.

Other than that I love the tactic. Pazzini was a beast last season, and between him and Fabregas I got 35+ assists :-)

Please go ahead, it's why I'm sharing it. It's not that I don't think it'll yield results, I'm just convinced the football will be nowhere near as good because, especially in the attacking third, a lot is being asked of the players, and they might mess up doing things they're not so good doing.

I can see it has potential.

Mr HOUGH,PLEASE,UPLOAD YOUR TWEAKED KAWEES TACTIC.PLEASE.OR CAN YOU UPLOAD LEAST SCREENSHOTS?

just move the d-line to mid, move left midfielder to striker position and give him same settings as the other striker.and no capslock pls...

I have just tried Mr Hough tweaks on my man utd save. im in my 2nd season and was due to play a home game in champs league vs valencia. I won the game 8-1 with Villa scoring 4 and Rooney twice. be interested to see how it holds out long term and also going to give it a go on my tottenham save which im in 1st season (jan). im currently 2nd in pl using the original of this tactic by the way but want to squeeze a 2nd striker in.

I have to admit I like the concept of this tactic more and more, but also that I am using the tweak suggested by Hough with two strikers instead.

As written before, I am playing FML instead, and still two-three major issues for me to work with. And I know the human factor makes it even more complicated to make a general tactic that works everytime.

1. Playing against top teams who play mr hough 4123, sometimes I get completely dominated like 65% possesion to the opposition team - this is where I need someething to do other than changing to the 4123 formation. Or perhaps I need to realise that this one tactic is just favoured in the GE. What do you say?

2. Errors leading to goals from the defence. To me it seems that either they make obscure passes when under pressure, or communication problems with the keeper. So I am trying with a sweeper keeper now, to try and cut down or basically to make the keeper close the possible gap between him and the defenders. I may lack pace as they have 13/14 respectively, but as I am all brazilian, Alex and David Luiz is the two best options I have atm.

3. Missing a lot of chances while opponent often only need a shot. I tend to believe we have some code in FML where top teams are not allowed to be too good, but if that is not the case then I need to figure out why. Often missing some 4-6 CCC's. Scouting the marked for possible replacements for my strikers, but they there are not many.

Yeah it really is fantastic.

I changed the D-Line to the middle setting, Moved the left Midfielder into the Strikers Position. i have changed a few of his settings to so that he is in Sync with the other striker and wingers but other than that it's still the brilliant Original.

so you move the left mid in to strikers role,what settings you changed to him,then who have you put into the left mid role?one of the central mids?which one?then the new left mid,have you given him the same settings as the right mid?and aone last thing,are wingers in the midfield line or attacking mid line?thanks mate

so you move the left mid in to strikers role,what settings you changed to him,then who have you put into the left mid role?one of the central mids?which one?then the new left mid,have you given him the same settings as the right mid?and aone last thing,are wingers in the midfield line or attacking mid line?thanks mate

All you have to do is:

1. Take the MCl and move to FCl - and make him complete striker support and same settings as the current striker.

2. Move the MCc a bit to the left so the players are symmetric.

All you have to do is:

1. Take the MCl and move to FCl - and make him complete striker support and same settings as the current striker.

2. Move the MCc a bit to the left so the players are symmetric.

thanks,still a bit confused,is the MCc you move a bit to the left on the midfield line still or on the attacking ,mid line?as a winger

ml or aml?

no they both remain on MC position.

see, you have 3 MCs at the start.

you move the left MC(the attacking one) up to the striker position and give him the exact same settings as the other striker.

then you move your remaining MCs a bit so they are in central position, their roles and settings remain the same.

then change your defensive line to middle setting.

no they both remain on MC position.

see, you have 3 MCs at the start.

you move the left MC(the attacking one) up to the striker position and give him the exact same settings as the other striker.

then you move your remaining MCs a bit so they are in central position, their roles and settings remain the same.

got it ,just me being thick

can someone put a link to the tactic with two strikers?

I'll be giving this a go at the end of my current season, I've been using an extremely narrow (no wingers in my first team squad lol) 4-3-3 with Leicester in the Premiership and I just can't seem to kick on from the 6th to 10th bracket, I'll be blowing my entire budget in the summer on some quality wingers. :D

Scratch that, just been offered the Man Utd job, perfect opportunity.

Never mind, turned it down against my better judgment.

I have to admit I like the concept of this tactic more and more, but also that I am using the tweak suggested by Hough with two strikers instead.

As written before, I am playing FML instead, and still two-three major issues for me to work with. And I know the human factor makes it even more complicated to make a general tactic that works everytime.

1. Playing against top teams who play mr hough 4123, sometimes I get completely dominated like 65% possesion to the opposition team - this is where I need someething to do other than changing to the 4123 formation. Or perhaps I need to realise that this one tactic is just favoured in the GE. What do you say?

2. Errors leading to goals from the defence. To me it seems that either they make obscure passes when under pressure, or communication problems with the keeper. So I am trying with a sweeper keeper now, to try and cut down or basically to make the keeper close the possible gap between him and the defenders. I may lack pace as they have 13/14 respectively, but as I am all brazilian, Alex and David Luiz is the two best options I have atm.

3. Missing a lot of chances while opponent often only need a shot. I tend to believe we have some code in FML where top teams are not allowed to be too good, but if that is not the case then I need to figure out why. Often missing some 4-6 CCC's. Scouting the marked for possible replacements for my strikers, but they there are not many.

To be honest, it's so hard for me to make any sort of comment to these problems since you're working with a different ME to me. The problem is, I am not suffering any of the problems you've outlined here. It's quite clear what the differences are. The ME and the human factor, and they are HUGE differences.

I cannot wait to start playing FML (don't know when that is yet, but hopefully soon) and use this tactic! I will definitely get back to you once I've tried this out in FML. I'll probably be looking to create something similar for FM11 as well, but don't expect anything until 11.3 comes out.

Something unbelievable just happened! Continuing on from my three season unbeaten run, last season (the 4th season of the run) I lost to Aston Villa 3-2 in the last game of the season, making it a 151 games unbeaten run, but I don't think it has the same tune to it as a 4 season unbeaten run. T_T

It marked the end of an era. I got rid of 9 senior players, including the likes of Adler, Otamendi, Renan, Hamsik, and Fabregas, among others. Replacing all of them with products of my youth program (none of them actually originated from Arsenal though :p) I was looking towards the latest season as a transitional one. It went well as usual, but I was conceding more than usual as well. The low point was not being able to win the UCL 5 times in a roll, after Bayern Munich knocked us out in the round of 16!

However, they kept the best for last. My team was able to focus almost solely on the league, and I want to announce that I've just achieved the perfect league campaign!!!!

perfectseason.png

Attacking Players' Performance

playerperformance201920.png

I know it's hard to believe, and I have no real way of proving that I actually achieve this legitimately. But after the ****ing away my day being angry at Arsenal for conceding a last minute goal to Sunderland, this was one bright spot of my day (quite sad, I know) and I just have to share it!

Cheers.

Really enjoying this tactic with my Lyon game.

I did however make a few minor changes, and it seems my team concedes less goals (4 in 23 league matches so far) and keeps possession better (around 80 % in some matches) with these tweaks. :)

Also when I play tougher teams away or when I`m 2-0 up I put the Deep Lying Playmaker (MCc) to DMC position.

Kawee, seems like an amazing tactic. I've decided to try it for my Inter save. In the pre-season, I've had some nice results, winning all games including FC Porto, Bayer Leverkusen & Santos, as well as the Supercup Final against Fiorentina, beating them 4-1 aet.

This would be my line-up:

GK: Júlio César

DR: Maicon

DC: Lúcio/W. Samuel

DL: S. Bocchetti

MCd: E. Cambiasso

MCs: S. Muntari

MCa: W. Sneijder

AMR: M. Balotelli (not as good as yours yet...)

AML: M. Zárate

ST: D. Milito

Back-ups:

GK: V. Enyeama/R. Alabi (regen)

DR: J. Zanetti/C. Matheu

DC: I. Córdoba/N. Burdisso

DL: D. Santon

MCd: T. Motta

MCs: D. Stankovic

MCa: A. Witsel/Coutinho

AMR: S. Eto'o/M. Marin

AML: R. Quaresma

ST: G. Pandev/M. Destro

A question about Wesley Sneijder. So far, he hasn't got any goals or assists yet, which seems strange to me. He seems perfect for the role of MCa. So far, Cambiasso is the star of the team with 2 goals and already 12 assists in 7 games. I'm Dutch, so of course I'd like to see Wesley shine, lol. But seriously, should I give it some time or is there something wrong? I haven't made any changes to the tactic, except for the set pieces setup. Edit: He now has his first assist, by taking a corner, lol.

I've read that you think Eto'o isn't good enough for the AMR role. I'm currently re-training him into this position. I'll let you know the results of that.

I'm looking forward to (hopefully) see some great football and results from my Inter team this season. I'll keep you posted!

franklin, you could post your tweaked tactic. Kawee has allowed this.

I do not think I've said such a thing. If you wish to discuss a separate tweak of the tactic, please use the PM. I prefer to keep this thread about the original version as possible. Mr Hough is a special case obviously, because he has his own thread already.

kawee, can you post some search filters for the player,like Mr Hough...

i love this tactic, great work!!

I'm working on it, but real-life is getting in the way ;)

trying this using foley fc that i've got promoted from level 11 to league 1 going well 5 games into season

my only concern is this in 5 games i have had all 5 of my left backs injured for at least 4 weeks the longest being out for 6 months about to have to use the under 18 who is rubbish as have no one left and transfer window is closed

is there a reason why only the left back gets injured have had no other players injuried during preseason or league games so far

Best tactic i've ever used, just won me the league with Everton. I have a great squad but was struggling to move from 2nd to 1st. Only got beat in games where I played youth players to rest the squad for CL and FA Cup games (Which I both won!)

Bought Fabregas, Gourcuff and Criscito after a board takeover so i'm hoping for an undefeated year and more of the same trophy wise!

Yo kawee i need your help.

Im not really sure Who to set as my Main playmaker in Tactic screen,The deep playmaker or the advanced?

And i do have few question.

A forward with PPM Come deep to get the ball,will work well as the striker?Cus mine havnt really,I found him too much suporting and doesnt score that much.

And i also notice my striker tend to Come out the box into 17-20 meters,Get the ball with his back to the goal,Turn around and shot,it really annoy me cus longshot arent really working somtimes,any chance to solve that?

Thx very much for an amazing and fun tactic P:

Im not really sure Who to set as my Main playmaker in Tactic screen,The deep playmaker or the advanced?

And i do have few question.

A forward with PPM Come deep to get the ball,will work well as the striker?Cus mine havnt really,I found him too much suporting and doesnt score that much.

And i also notice my striker tend to Come out the box into 17-20 meters,Get the ball with his back to the goal,Turn around and shot,it really annoy me cus longshot arent really working somtimes,any chance to solve that?

Thx very much for an amazing and fun tactic P:

The MCd (Deep-lying playmaker) is the main playmaker

I quite like the "Come deep to get ball" PPM. That, "Play with back to goal" and "Run with ball through centre" are my favourites for the striker in this tactic.

Here's the thing. A lot of the goals your striker will score will be goals of his own making. That means he need to be good enough to create and finish his own chances. The drop deep, pick up ball, turn, run, and shoot move is a very common thing. If your striker is not scoring from these moves he's not good enough. If he's taking long shots, which he's supposedly poor at, perhaps he's just not good enough to turn and run at the defenders himself? I always use Dzeko as an example. Dzeko was good enough to pick up the ball, turn, run past the defender and score from inside the box.

Identify the problem. If he's not able to turn and get past the defender, then maybe you need someone who's capable of that. Or just lower his RWB setting, because I have that thing on max. It's how my striker score most of their goals.

Ok carlos tevez FINALLY came back from injury,and struck 3 in (:

My lukaku is still young and cant race with tevez.

Between,Which PPM you reccomend from the Second winger,Cus Balloteli is performing really good,but Sanchez\Silva arent that consist

Thx (:

If he has "Shoots longs" PPM, I'd sell him, he will just waste too many chances. Otherwise what Kawee said. By the way, congratulations on an excellent tactic Kawee, your implementation of the flase nine in particular is by far the best I have seen.

moussa sissoko has been amazing in the supporting mid position for me.brought him in january and has scored 17 goals by the end of the season.that is without playing in CL gaes either

Yeah for me aswell (:

But i got a new problem.

My hamsik doesnt play Well on the advanced playmaker position...

Any PPM?etc

Just tell me this game isnt crap...Im city

boltonvmancity2.png

your tactic seems to work well against the smaller teams but when i came up against real madrid and juventus i got beaten 3-0 and im barcelona

There could be a number of reasons. For example, in my earlier seasons, I sometimes struggle against elite opponents as well because my team hasn't gel with each other or with the tactic yet. It didn't help that I was still developing the tactic at the time.

I think you have to realise that this tactic to break down defensive teams. Against the weaker teams, you have so much posession, and with your "favourites" tag teams are going to park the bus against you.

Against the better sides, I suggest you make some tweaks during games, if it's not working out. I've had many great success playing deeper D-line, narrower width, quicker tempo, and direct passing. Basically, you become a more like a counter-attacking team. You won't dominate as much possession, but sometimes you have to do it to win the games, especially away from home. The football, I believe, will remain almost quite the same since the players will be making the same moves, so the same combination play will happen.

If he has "Shoots longs" PPM, I'd sell him, he will just waste too many chances. Otherwise what Kawee said. By the way, congratulations on an excellent tactic Kawee, your implementation of the flase nine in particular is by far the best I have seen.

Thank you. Took me a while to crack it. Considering he is the center of my tactic, you can imagine my tactic looked a bit disjointed for a while. It's a very demanding role though you have to say.

Yeah for me aswell (:

But i got a new problem.

My hamsik doesnt play Well on the advanced playmaker position...

Any PPM?etc

Can you please explain to me exactly what's wrong with him? If you mean he's not getting a lot of assists and goals, then I assure you there's nothing to worry. It's really quite normal. If you look in my first page, Hamsik after 19 games had only 6 goals, and 8 assists (and 0 goals and 1 assist in the league.) If you look in the second page, Michael Vogt and Jon Morgan (both regen) are my MCa, and after 29 and 28 games respectively, they had 9 goals 13 assists, and 7 goals, 15 assists, respectively. The MCa, I find, like the fullback position, are positions where players don't get a whole lot of numbers to add to their statistics, but they all play well consistently. There's only so many goals and assists your team make in a whole season, and so only so many people can claim them.

As for the match, I think you were just unlucky. Bolton had two shots on target, and score both times, which means your GK didn't make a save! You on the other hand had 9 shots on target, 5 of which were CCC, and yet you only score one. Add in the fact that you had 20 shots in total, and 57% possession, I think you can count it as "one of those games." Perhaps you should take a look at my "Tweaks" section, and see what I sometimes do when chasing for a goal.

Cheers.

Well This is the second "one of those games"

arsenalvmancity2.png

Im getting crazy.

Im having lloris Who is a great keeper,and those goals are usually isnt his fault.

its just Very annoying 8 shots from me,1 van persia 25 meters kabum.

Well i Worked my way with hamsik and his better now,New contarct,Media messege about his perforamnce and his doing well now.

The thing is this only happend In Away matches,Both bolton and arsenal,On home im perfect,Just away...

And i try the tweaks,but my team is doing well,Alot of CCC shooting Long range,The ball doesnt want to go in ><

Well, just finished my first season with Inter with this tactic.

Results:

Serie A:

1st with 85 points, won 26, draw 7, lost 5, GF 74, GA 23

Champions League:

Final vs. Liverpool 2-1, beating Manchester United, Real Madrid and Chelsea in the process.

Coppa Italia:

Final vs. Napoli 2-0

So I won everything. Great results! Some pretty nice football, some great goals as well. I feel that my team needs to get used to the tactic though.

Analysis results:

European Super Cup (won Europa League in my first season)

Final vs. Real Madrid 0-2

Pretty awful defeat, as we didn't stand a chance at all. But it's Real, so it's no problem.

Serie A:

Inter vs. Genoa 0-0

Juventus vs. Inter 0-0

Inter vs. Fiorentina 0-1

Palermo vs. Inter 2-0

Inter vs. Juventus 0-0

AS Roma vs. Inter 2-2

In these games, I played with my strongest 11. In every match, we had more possession and more shots. However, we still didn't manage to win.

Chievo Verona vs. Inter 1-0

Inter vs. Padova 0-0

Sampdoria vs. Inter 1-1

Inter vs. AC Milan 1-1

In these games, I played with my reserves. Still, in every match we had more possession and more shots.

Catania vs. Inter 2-0

Reggina vs. Inter 2-1

These were the only two games we were outplayed in possession and shots. In the Reggina game, I played with only youth players, so that's not even a bad result. In the Catania game, I played with my reserves. I feel they should have won that game.

So in general, I feel most of these games, we should have won. I guess that’ll come when the players get better, and when they get used to the tactic more.

Analysis players:

GK: Júlio César App. 26, AVG 7.22

GK: V. Enyeama App. 20, AVG 6.98

DR: Maicon App. 39, AVG 7.39, 2 goals, 3 assists

DC: W. Samuel App. 30, AVG 7.52, 10 goals, 1 assist

DC: Lúcio App. 42, AVG 7.07, 1 goal, 0 assists

DL: S. Bocchetti App. 37, AVG 7.36, 3 goals, 5 assists

When I look at individual performances, I think the defensive players have done very well. Both Júlio César and Enyeama have been pretty decent, as have Maicon and Lúcio. Walter Samuel has the highest AVG of the entire squad, and scoring 10 goals is brilliant. Bocchetti was a new signing, and he has done very well.

MCs: S. Muntari App. 37, AVG 7.21, 14 goals, 6 assists

MCs: T. Motta App. 26, AVG 7.31, 7 goals, 7 assists

MCd: E. Cambiasso App. 39, AVG 7.12, 4 goals, 5 assists

MCa: W. Sneijder App. 25, AVG 7.05, 3 goals, 9 assists

MCa: A. Witsel App. 29, AVG 7.07, 2 goals, 5 assists

I have some concerns about midfield. Muntari has been absolutely great this season, way better than I expected. Motta has been a fine replacement. Cambiasso has a decent AVG, but I feel he should have contributed more goals and/or assists. Sneijder has been injured a lot, so not as many appearances as I’d like. His AVG is ok, his assists come mostly from corners. For me, he’s been a bit disappointing. I had expected more goals and more “regular” assists. Witsel has been an ok replacement, but not as good as I’d hoped, even though he has a nice AVG.

AMR: M. Balotelli App.39, AVG 7.05, 3 goals, 9 assists

AMR: M. Marin App. 38, AVG 6.85, 4 goals, 6 assists

AML: M. Zárate App. 36, AVG 7.37, 18 goals, 8 assists

ST: D. Milito App. 29, AVG 7.30, 7 goals, 13 assists

ST: G. Pandev App. 32, AVG 7.36, 11 goals, 10 assists

Balotelli. Help! Decent AVG, but look at the rest. Only 3 goals and 9 assists. It’s not enough, especially since he also took the corners when Sneijder wasn’t available. Marin has been an ok replacement, nothing special though. Zárate is the player of the season. High AVG, many goals. Brilliant signing. If only Balotelli would have stats like this. Milito has been somewhat disappointing, Pandev performed way better.

Kawee, what do you think about Cambiasso, Sneijder and Balotelli? How can I get them to perform better? Or do you think I’m too strict and that I should be happy with their stats? I’m keeping in mind that at least Balotelli will become a better player, he’s still only 20.

For next season, I’ll probably be looking to buy some new defenders, as both Lúcio and Samuel are aging. I’ll also go for a new striker and sell Milito. And I’ll be looking to sell Marin and bring in another winger.

If you have other tips, or if you feel I should sell or buy other players, please let me know!

I’d like to say that I really like this tactic, as I’ve seen some awesome football this season! So thanks Kawee!

@IcePick

Sorry for the late reply.

I have absolutely no idea why your Balotelli is not working. As you can see in my OPs, I chose him as my ideal winger. He should be absolutely unstoppable in this tactic. I think you could try simplify the tactic, by cancelling the swapping of positions. Let the players play in their best position for now, and see if that helps. But certainly, Balotelli should be doing much much better.

Personally, I would swap Cambiasso with Motta. The MCd is your main playmaker, and of the two, Motta is the better passer of the ball, with superior passing and creativity attribute. Cambiasso, with his high OTB and anticipation attributes, decent first touch and finishing, and the sweet PPM of "Get into Opposition Area," would make a very good MCs I think.

I'm also not too sure why Sneijder is not doing well for you. With just one glance of him, I can tell he's a real gem of a player to have in this position. I think that if he stay injury-free, and get a run in this tactic, he can become a very good performer for you. Keep in mind though, the the MCa do not get a lot of good numbers to add to their statistics. Keep an eye on the Avg. rating.

Personally, I think that once your team get used to the tactic, you will be doing much better.

Regarding your striker, I just want to ask, did you sell Eto? I think he's a great player to have. He can lead the line, or if you don't want to waste his pace, you can use him as a FL or FR, with the exact same setting as your AMR/AML.

I'd be tempted to sell Marin (not a fan of such a lazy selfish cowardice player) and use Eto as an inside forward (play him as FL or FR though, with no swapping) and get yourself a proper target man. I can't recommend anyone higher than Dzeko!

This tactic really has opened my eyes to playing wide formations that focus passing through the middle and uses inside forwards. It's a very successfull recipe, but you gotta have the players for it for sure.

I actually use your tweak going from 4-3-3 to 4-2-4 (one MC to FC) as a standard home tactic now, and away against weaker teams. I won the league 3 years in a row before City climbed above me, as a result most teams play very defensively against me, and mu MCs/a just din't seem to exploit the space created by the front three enough (Despite a brutal line-up in my central midfield). Also I felt that van Persie, Gourcuff, Nasri and Arshavin were underperforming a bit = not scoring enough, so I had alot of draws.

As a result I now use the MCa as a FC instead. I managed to get Lukaku for € 15 mill this season, and I got a great youngster whose fast as hell to support Pazzini and Bentdner. Pazzini is still my most scoring striker and Bendtner my most assisting one. Lukaku needs time to gel with the rest, and my youngster needs some more experience, then they'll be awesome. I still use AML/R as inside forwards to support the passing through the middle, and I can allmost break down any defence.

Now onto my problem: Securing results away form home against top teams, mainly in the champions cup. I have yet to win it. Lost the final to Real Madrid the first year, and been knocked out in the quater finals the following three years Ral Madrid once and Barcelona twice.

I usually go with a deeper defensive line, a faster and more direct passing style as per your instructions. Do you ever use any other defensive tweaks? Like employing a DMC?

@DaLima9

I can see how that 4-2-4 would work. But this tactic is so ingrained into my squad, including the up and coming youngsters, that I can't be bothered to change. I do find myself changing to the 4-2-4 in many games just because I feel my team was safe enough, and I wanted more goals, or sometimes I really do need a goal, but that's not often.

Teams do tend to play very defensive against teams that are very successful. That's how this tactic came to be.

With regarding to playing the top teams away from home. I'm the creator of this tactic, so I have more faith in it than most. Against them, I still use the main set-up. I only make the tweaks that you mention, when after about 30 min into the game, I feel like it's not really working. I never add a DMC or move my MCd back. What I do though, is sometimes play "down both flanks" or "mixed" instead of just "through the middle" especially against narrow teams like Chelsea. D-Line, Passing, Tempo, Passing route, and team width should be changed accordingly. Especially at half time, take your time to look through the stats of your players and their players, identify the problem, and make changes accordingly.

First off I would like to say well done on making an excellent tactic sir , its the mutts nutts :thup:

been using this tactic now since the start of the new season, and its a joy to watch in all honesty , I was a bit worried about playing with such a high D/line but this tactic although in all respects its an attacking tactic is so tough in the defensive aspects aswell let me show you this to illustrate my point

mh3xs.jpg

Here we can see what happens when the opponents are launching an attack

We have 2 layed defensive system in place 2 banks of 4 and 3 . they are set up in such a way that it nulifies the threat of a trhough ball (which I believe is a major pain in the ass for a lot of people who play FM lol)

So it limits the opponents to either

A) a long shot

B) or to try and play it out wide and cross it in.

Hopefully 9 times out of 10 I would expectr my defenders/ Goal keeper to deal with option B

Excellent work on this tactic mate major kudos to you sir

*EDIT*

2 things i have altered in this tactic is the goalkeeper distrubution i have set it to defender collect and ask my fullbacks to collect it I just find its better to retain possesion this way

and i have inserted my own set pieces

Archived