Cannon become Brazil manager again ?!

All right here it is...I'm sure someone else experienced this also...

I'm not going to waste any surplus words on which clubs I was managing and all that, but at a certain point I became manager of Brazil(great since I'm also a Brazil fan when it comes to nations).

Right after my appointment I was to lead my team to Copa America, then I was also managing Inter Milan and honestly didn't want to spend much time on watching all those Copa America matches so I decided to go on holiday.

Now as many of you already know SI made the criteria of managing Brazil the highest possible, all of you FM gamers surely noticed that when Brazil fails to qualify for the next round after the groups stage, the manager gets SACKED!

NO EXCEPTIONS!

And that's what happened to me, I was on holiday but what a surprise when I got back from it.

Then I said ah go to hell, they will pick me again some day. YEAH RIGHT! My reputation couldn't be higher, world class manager, God knows how many various competition wins trophies and all that.... but they don't want to pick me again, not even when I apply when a manager gets sacked!

Once again a great bug, thanks SI.

So what should I do now?! start a new game or something?! I mean for crying out loud!

how often to teams sack their manager and the re appoint them? Also how long ago was it you got sacked? Not a bug in my book

More than 10 years or so, could check exactly if u want but that's not the point

Please save me the speech that IN REAL LIFE reappointments dont happen

Even if they wanted to make it so, it ruins the game, it's like a golden rule : u fail to qualify for the next round of Copa America(jesus we're not talking about the World Cup) , u'll get sacked and u will not manage Brazil EVER AGAIN!!!

Good then next time I'll just keep saving my game and load back if I fail, talking about realism LOL

Mate im just trying to help out, no need to respond like that. I dont see this being a bug, you got sacked and they dont want to rehire you, if your want to manage Brazil that badly you will either have to restart and try again, this time not holidaying through a tournament, or add a different manager.

you dont want the 'in real life speech' but in real life only 3 managers in history have managed Brazil twice, yes this game is not real life, but by doing that something that is very typical of real life, i feel, is hardly a bug.

This is only my opinion and im sorry if it differs to yours.

But, i agree that i think the managers of brazil do get sacked too easily.

Ok, so you go on holiday for the best footballing nation's only competition of the year, and under your absentee stewardship they fail to even get to the final rounds. I'm surprised that every time you re-apply you don't get a message saying they'd rather appoint Maradona than you.

Rather than blaming the game and pretending there's a bug, just accept you got it wrong.

Let's look at this a little. You are managing Brazil, a side who, along with Argentina, have dominated South American football for decades. You play in the South American championships; 12 teams compete in this, with 8 of them qualifying for the knockout stages. In order to fail to reach the knockout stage, you either have to finish bottom of your group, or third in your group with both the other two third-place finishers doing better than you.

Why on earth would Brazil not see this as a catastrophic performance, one which would merit an immediate sacking? Why would they even consider re-appointing someone who did that with the national side?

Mate im just trying to help out, no need to respond like that. I dont see this being a bug, you got sacked and they dont want to rehire you, if your want to manage Brazil that badly you will either have to restart and try again, this time not holidaying through a tournament, or add a different manager.

you dont want the 'in real life speech' but in real life only 3 managers in history have managed Brazil twice, yes this game is not real life, but by doing that something that is very typical of real life, i feel, is hardly a bug.

This is only my opinion and im sorry if it differs to yours.

But, i agree that i think the managers of brazil do get sacked too easily.

Dont worry mate sorry if I sounded like dunno what, I ment nothing wrong, honestly

Let's look at this a little. You are managing Brazil, a side who, along with Argentina, have dominated South American football for decades. You play in the South American championships; 12 teams compete in this, with 8 of them qualifying for the knockout stages. In order to fail to reach the knockout stage, you either have to finish bottom of your group, or third in your group with both the other two third-place finishers doing better than you.

Why on earth would Brazil not see this as a catastrophic performance, one which would merit an immediate sacking? Why would they even consider re-appointing someone who did that with the national side?

Well my point is this : I was just appointed a month or two before that competition, its not like I was managing them for some time and doing bad, I'm saying that IN SOME CASES there should be an exception to a rule(because that's what SI created here, a rule without exceptions), they should take into consideration a couple of factors, when was a manager appointed prior to an (un)important competition, is the manager world class? was he succesfull in his entire career? should we give him another chance? and so on..after all they were the one who offered the job to me, I didnt apply when my predecessor got fired

I dunno if u get my point

It's not impossible to be appointed manager of a big nation a second time. I didn't qualify for any competition as manager of France or Italy, yet have just been reappointed as France manager with them being ranked no.1 in the world.

If you keep getting good results at club level and bide your time, chances are the Brazillian FA will want you back.

th_DavidOwens-13.png

i won the WC with argentina in my current save, one of the leagues loaded is the argentine so there are alot of good young players their, actually won it back to back with them before heading to spain, best of luck pal!

Thx m8, oh btw..it's important to have selected leagues from nations to have good regens from those nations right? because south american leagues are not selected on my save right now, I mean they are but on view only mode, guess they have to be playable?

It's not impossible to be appointed manager of a big nation a second time. I didn't qualify for any competition as manager of France or Italy, yet have just been reappointed as France manager with them being ranked no.1 in the world.

If you keep getting good results at club level and bide your time, chances are the Brazillian FA will want you back.

th_DavidOwens-13.png

Thx for this, giving me hope hehe, but after all been said here I'm thinking about starting a new save game, selecting a huge number of leagues :)

P.S. \m/ :D

I dont have any screenshots but i have been brazil manager twice in mmy save, 1st time i was appointed i couldnt be bothered with it (more keen to try and win the league with everton) then at the end of that season, during the worlld cup, brazil (after drawing their 1st two group games) sacked their manager and offer me the job, to which i accepted then went on to win the trophy, so to cut to the point you can get the job more than once.

I dont have any screenshots but i have been brazil manager twice in mmy save, 1st time i was appointed i couldnt be bothered with it (more keen to try and win the league with everton) then at the end of that season, during the worlld cup, brazil (after drawing their 1st two group games) sacked their manager and offer me the job, to which i accepted then went on to win the trophy, so to cut to the point you can get the job more than once.

but were you sacked or did you resign? Im sure it has an effect

I fail to see how this is remotely a "bug."

If your complaint is that you don't get to do what you want to do in the game, heh, well, that's true of a lot of the game. If you are that teed off, edit yourself in as manager of Brasil and pretend that the other was an alternate universe where you were simply dreaming you went on vacation. :D

When you get sacked or resign (basically anything besides letting your contract expire) you currently getting added to the disliked people list of the nation/club. Despite the fact I got Bradford to the Premiership in 4 seasons, the fact I left them means I can now pretty much never go back because I'm on their disliked list. If you get your hands on an editor and remove this from Brazil's like in-game relationships then you could be re-appointed.

So, essentially, you took the Brazil job, sucked at it. Didn't even bother with doing your job, just holidayed. Ended up with the team producing a pathetic display (when's the last time irl that Brazil didn't get out of the group stage of the Copa? Hell, 8 of 12 teams go on!).

And now you have the gaul to not only complain that they won't reappoint you (the great failure) within only 10 years... And even to go so far as to call it A BUG?

Fail. You sucked at your job and got fired from it. They're not going to turn around and hire you back. Suck it up.

Oh, and... It's your tactics. ;)

All right here it is...I'm sure someone else experienced this also...

I'm not going to waste any surplus words on which clubs I was managing and all that, but at a certain point I became manager of Brazil(great since I'm also a Brazil fan when it comes to nations).

Right after my appointment I was to lead my team to Copa America, then I was also managing Inter Milan and honestly didn't want to spend much time on watching all those Copa America matches so I decided to go on holiday.

Now as many of you already know SI made the criteria of managing Brazil the highest possible, all of you FM gamers surely noticed that when Brazil fails to qualify for the next round after the groups stage, the manager gets SACKED!

NO EXCEPTIONS!

And that's what happened to me, I was on holiday but what a surprise when I got back from it.

Then I said ah go to hell, they will pick me again some day. YEAH RIGHT! My reputation couldn't be higher, world class manager, God knows how many various competition wins trophies and all that.... but they don't want to pick me again, not even when I apply when a manager gets sacked!

Once again a great bug, thanks SI.

So what should I do now?! start a new game or something?! I mean for crying out loud!

i kinda stopped reading after i saw this

"I decided to go on holiday."

Yeah I know what u mean, but holiday is not the point of issue here, even if I wasnt on holiday and the result was the same, it would happend again, and the problem I'm talking about is after that

You can resign from a club and not be on disliked list, If you're a legend and have been there for many years (not sure how many, for me it worked after 15 but could well be earlier).

Exactly, I resigned many times from nations after I won the World Cup or European Championship, and afterwards they wanted me back, same goes for clubs, just a couple of years is enough(with some silverware of course)

Archived