Am i the only kid who has been playing FM?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 24 and i've been playing since CM 00-01, after a couple of my friends introduced me to the game.

I've never looked back since. :D

It did get in the way of school homework as i couldn't be bothered and wanted to play CM instead, but i did well in my exams so it's not all bad. :thup:

Look I am only 15, and have been playing Fm since i was 13 and was playing CM before that. I am wondering, do any other teens play this game? It's a great game but has really ****ed up school studies :p

hahahaa NICE NICKNAME!!! "Same old Juve always cheating"

i started to play 11 years old, now i'm 20...

35 now, been playing since the epic CM01/02 with the exception of CM4 which I wilfully skipped.

Absolutely loved them all to the point that I'm the one guy the boss can count on to travel places, after all, FM & Laptop are your friend in every train, plane, airport and hotel room :)

I was playing Football Manager when I was in my teens...

...but that was the very first Football Manager by Kevin Toms on a Spectum :)

Oh and when I read people complaining about SI's Football Manager 3D match engine today, this is why it always makes me chuckle...

fm.jpeg

Ahhh... the memories!

20080813-kr4hxatyc6tujnd92sj78bgqiu.preview.jpgzxspectrum_48k.jpg

LOL! I remember playing that when I was about 9 or 10. Although, there really wasn't much strategy to the game. I always wondered if the same company made both games but now I know.

(Load "".......pushes play on tape recorder.)

Glorious.

16 now been playing since the 99/00 one although others may have played it longer if you took a lifetime ratio in i think ive played it the longest:P and the fact ive only just left school and not needed to work so ive been on it %90 of my life away from school and yes it contributed to me ****ing up what should have been all A's and B's

16 now been playing since the 99/00 one although others may have played it longer if you took a lifetime ratio in i think ive played it the longest:P and the fact ive only just left school and not needed to work so ive been on it %90 of my life away from school and yes it contributed to me ****ing up what should have been all A's and B's

It is probably just down to my age/upbringing but I can't get my head around people playing CM at the age of something like 6. Things have changed a lot since I was a kid :D

i'm 30 :(

been playing management sims since about 12 - i came home from school and my step-dad had a copy of ultimate soccer manager on the pc - he played it for 30 minutes or so and hated it (i didn't and i've been going through the entire sims since

USM

premier manager

CM

LMA manager

onside soccer (so poor)

and the king FM since 2005

i've been playing football management games since the golden days of amiga. I remember I had one called "THE MANAGER" and after that I had Premier Manager and then I started playing Championship Manager Italia.... considering I was born in 87, that makes me one of the youngest managers ever at the age of 5!!!!

*ages a little more*

I was first introduced to CM2 by a mutual friend. I had been involved in a short fling with a demo of ultimate manager and was fascinated, i admit the stadium graphics seemed a dealbreaker. A brief sermon on its shortcomings and the signing of Salas, Zinho and Mbo Mpenza to Celtic on CM2 saw to that. Around this time i also received a free copy of premier manager, which was garbage. Addiction peaked in early 00's. 97/98, 01/02, fm05 and fm06 stood out for me.

I am 18, someone showed me CM 99/00 and i managed to pick up a demo on a cereal box, (YES THEY USED TO GIVE THEM OUT ON BOXS) then got the full game, so i have been playing since i was about 8 or 9... I then played CM4/FM06/07/08/10 I skipped a few due to school LOLOL

I'm 20 (**** I'm old :() and the first manager game I played was 99/00 iirc, at least that's the earliest version I own. I do remember not playing it when I was 9/10 though. Think I started at around 11/12 with CM 01/02, great game, still play it on occasion.

I was playing Football Manager when I was in my teens...

...but that was the very first Football Manager by Kevin Toms on a Spectum :)

Oh and when I read people complaining about SI's Football Manager 3D match engine today, this is why it always makes me chuckle...

fm.jpeg

Ahhh... the memories!

20080813-kr4hxatyc6tujnd92sj78bgqiu.preview.jpgzxspectrum_48k.jpg

I remember playing that game when I was about 10. Had forgotten what the graphics were actually like, but I enjoyed it none-the-less.

Unfortunately I am now too old to remember when I started playing the game but I do recall CM3 as being the great leap forward in football management games. I was working at a computer games company at the time and remeber thinking how much better CM3 was that anything we were doing.

Archived