I love the randomness of this game.

Its amazing to see what happens when you play this game years after all the real players have retired.

Its great to see computer controlled teams move up blue square south to the prem after 20 or 30 years. And vice versa.

I love how nations that are not dominant now, become so in the future. I remember some guy complaining about Japan beating Colombia to win the world cup. Honestly, that kinda stuff is nice to see.

I think my favorite thing is the randomness between each of our saves. No two saves are the same...and that is simply awesome. Its great when we get that one special player and we nurture him into the best in the world. Its a great feeling that no one else on the planet is gonna have that player (wel...no human player at least). It definitely conjures up a great feeling when you know that all anyone else can do is look at the pics you post of him and be jealous :D

Other than that, FM is generally a solid game :thup:

These are some of the reasons that FM puts a smile on my face :)

I just wish I had a good enough computer to play my own long term game....

Its amazing to see what happens when you play this game years after all the real players have retired.

Its great to see computer controlled teams move up blue square south to the prem after 20 or 30 years. And vice versa.

I love how nations that are not dominant now, become so in the future. I remember some guy complaining about Japan beating Colombia to win the world cup. Honestly, that kinda stuff is nice to see.

I think my favorite thing is the randomness between each of our saves. No two saves are the same...and that is simply awesome. Its great when we get that one special player and we nurture him into the best in the world. Its a great feeling that no one else on the planet is gonna have that player (wel...no human player at least). It definitely conjures up a great feeling when you know that all anyone else can do is look at the pics you post of him and be jealous :D

Other than that, FM is generally a solid game :thup:

These are some of the reasons that FM puts a smile on my face :)

I just wish I had a good enough computer to play my own long term game....

You have about 2 months (I hope no longer) to get a new computer to run FM11 when it will be even better!

Brilliant thread, I completely agree. My family question whether I actually enjoy this game, as all they see is me pressing spacebar, and I must admit I struggled to find an answer. But that passage just then nudged me in the right direction. I love seeing how my youth prospect will turn out, and whether I can sustain this club given its inevitable age, and which new star will replace the current ones. Shame it takes so long on my pc. I have only played on 1 save (Liverpool only England League 2 and Up loaded) and i am only in 2023. I have played many hours now, with international fixtures taking almost 3 minutes to complete loading. Ah well, I still love it.

This. yes yes and yes. This is basically my fav thing about the game. And being in 2059, I can' tell you how many players I have nurtured..lol..and it's still very enjoyable.

Ha, just because it's a casual game doesn't mean you don't enjoy it. I don't mean casual in that you're not invested - because I get scarily invested in my games - but in the sense that you could win by pressing space bar for an hour.

I do love how the game generates weird situations. I'm hoping this league rating feature in FM11 will produce even better results. I mean eventually, the Welsh league will be better than the English league - right? - and weird stuff like that could happen.

Ha, just because it's a casual game doesn't mean you don't enjoy it. I don't mean casual in that you're not invested - because I get scarily invested in my games - but in the sense that you could win by pressing space bar for an hour.

I do love how the game generates weird situations. I'm hoping this league rating feature in FM11 will produce even better results. I mean eventually, the Welsh league will be better than the English league - right? - and weird stuff like that could happen.

Man I forgot to mention that.....originally I thought I would skip FM11 in order to truly get my first long term game.....but now I've heard about dynamic league rep, I don't know if I will do that. Dynamic league rep is only going to increase the differences between our saves.

I would love to see countries like moldova having their domestic leagues reach the level of skill and reputation that spain and england are.

I know there are a lot of people out there who are going to do this for San Marino :D:D

Personally, I want to make the biggest league in asia and on the level of the big leagues in europe ;)

Man I forgot to mention that.....originally I thought I would skip FM11 in order to truly get my first long term game.....but now I've heard about dynamic league rep, I don't know if I will do that. Dynamic league rep is only going to increase the differences between our saves.

I would love to see countries like moldova having their domestic leagues reach the level of skill and reputation that spain and england are.

I know there are a lot of people out there who are going to do this for San Marino :D:D

Personally, I want to make the biggest league in asia and on the level of the big leagues in europe ;)

The idea of starting a game in fm11 with a weak team from a weak league and turn it into a top club really seduces me but I'm enjoying my long term game so much...I wish fm11 wouldn't be out for another 5 months :)

To be honest, this is the first FM where I've nurtured good regens, it's the first one where I've had a save that lasted +5 years (I'm impatient and rubbish). And bloody hell I love it. Bought a feller called Peter Bruckner, simply becasue I decided on a change of formation and needed a backup right winger. Turns out he's awesome as a AMR inside forward, he's now my favourite player, all for a bargain 2.9m.

Archived