Why does the game slow down after a while?

Just got to 2017 on my Reading game which I play on my Dell Studio Laptop and everything has grinded to a halt, also I only run the English Leagues down to League 1.

First I was wondering is there anyway to make my game run faster?

And secondly I was thinking of starting a 3 season game with Italy, Spain, Germany and England loaded, what are my chances of this working well?

cheers!

Processing more data. Compare your save from one at the start of the game, it's going to be much bigger, therefore more data (for example an old save I have about mid Oct first season is 1/3 the size of my current save which is 2017 like yours, even though the starting DB was larger for the old save).

As regards getting your computer to run faster, check your RAM it should be a nice bit higher than the minimum requirements, and your CPU could be slow enough too (though not much you can do there with a laptop). You can also download Game Booster from IOBit, it closes down all unneccessary programmes when running thus freeing up RAM.

A 3 season game shouldn't slow down, and with only 4 countries loaded it should be small enough.

A more powerfull pc is in order ;)

Not really, a few minor upgrades will definately help.

The Data Base FM uses can get really big ..

Like all aps FM uses 3 types memory

RAM, HDD and Virtual RAM (aka the Swap File)

If you use windows XP, you can install upto 3GB of RAM

If you use windows Vista/7 you can use whatever you can afford/fit to your board

If your motherboard supports SATA hard drives, get a 2nd drive and use the onboard RAID setting to create a single RAID0 partition

2 HDD's 'striped' as a single disk doubles the read/write & seek times (for best results get a duplicate of your current hdd)

More RAM slightly reduces the swapfile usage and improves overall usage speeds, a raid0 setup significantly reduces swapfile access times, 1 or both upgrades means FM runs faster and takes longer to reach the slowdown point, but you will still eventually hit it.

Archived