Perfect 4-3-3 (10.3)

Hi,

After many seasons struggling and experimenting I finally found the perfect tactic for my Sporting Lisbon squad.

It's a 4-3-3 (or 4-5-1) with 4 defenders in line, 3 MCs, 2 wingers and 1 striker. Check this screenshot:

http://www.algarve.com.pt/fm/sporting.png

I play with 3 playmakers on the MC position. The central MC is a deep-lying playmaker on defend, while the other two (left and right MCs) are advanced playmakers on support. So you'll need very creative players with good passing in these positions, which is the key for this tactic. As for the wingers I play them as inside forwards, with the left-footed one playing on the right and the right-footed winger playing on the left.

As for the striker you should play him according to his skills. I play Liedson as a complete forward. On the other game I had a tall strong striker, so I played him as a target man and worked great as well.

The defense is a normal one. I play the DCs as limited defenders and usually set the full-backs to cross often, so they overlap the wingers.

You can adapt it to your own players as I do. I usually set Matias Fernandez to run with the ball often, Vukcevic to try long shots often (he scores a lot like this) and the full-backs to cross often (as mentioned on the previous paragraph).

I started using this tactic after my 3rd season with Sporting, after which I was practically 2 seasons without loosing a single match for the championship, winning two in a row plus cups and only loosing to Chelsea or Barcelona on the Champions League.

After which I decided to start over from scratch, but this time use this tactic from season one. On my first season I won the Portuguese championship, the Portuguese cup plus the league cup and only lost to Chelsea (argh again) on the Champions League after ending second on the groups stage.

When I play this tactic my team is practically unbeatable. Even Benfica or Porto don't stand a chance, only the best teams in Europe are able to beat me (if only I had their budget).

I decided to share this tactic with the community and see if someone else can get the same success I'm getting. If you want to try it out on your own team feel free to share your results or to ask for feedback on how to use your players within this tactic (unless you are also playing Sporting).

http://www.algarve.com.pt/fm/perfect_433.tac

After trying all sorts of tactics for many months this is the one which has been working best for me. And this new start is proving it wasn't just luck or coincidence. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Using this with Bolton first season, only signings are Annan (who keeps getting sent off) and Lacina Traore (whos homesick) and am second in the league after 8 games with 17 points only lost to Man City, held Liverpool and Arsenal to draws. Good tactic, sure when get some better quality players in it will work even better.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived