Only a 9.9!

Nope not any corner cheat, although that's where his goals come from! - although strangely only my CB's ever seem to score from corners, My Striers/midfielder's are usleess from them!

I think it's just because he is too good for the league he is in, also he has 18 heading,

Nope not any corner cheat, although that's where his goals come from! - although strangely only my CB's ever seem to score from corners, My Striers/midfielder's are usleess from them!

I think it's just because he is too good for the league he is in, also he has 18 heading,

No, its because you are exploiting the match engine by using a corner routine that would be described as a cheat.

Don't try to convince yourself or others its not.

Because it isn't, I'm not saying this to impress anyone as that wasn't the point of the thread, Looking on Genie scout he is also suited to the terget man position, he is an ivory coast international who is playing way below his ability, none of my other CB's are or have in the past scored from this position or any other, it's simply a case of my team having a heightened reputation and being forunate enough to have captured an unwanted player of real quality, simple.

And 5 of the 18 were in 1 match so 13 over a season isn't an awfull lot and wouldn't, in my view indicate somebody cheating it's not as if he has scored 5 a game consistently, I really don't appreciate being accused of cheating, especially over something so trivial, TBH I find if insulting, No wonder i dont bother posting on here as often as i might!

How far into the season are you?

How many goals have you scored from corners? (screenshot of league stats)

Name a DC who at anytime in RL has scored more than three goals in a match.

As for insulting you do you not feel you are insulting the rest of the community by pretending you aren't exploiting the ME?

No, its because you are exploiting the match engine by using a corner routine that would be described as a cheat.

Don't try to convince yourself or others its not.

The corner cheat exploits a lurking player to take an unchallenged shot with his foot whereas the player here scored with his head so the corner cheat can be ruled out here. You really should arm yourself with the facts before posting drivel. People like yourself really annoy me.

The corner cheat exploits a lurking player to take an unchallenged shot with his foot whereas the player here scored with his head so the corner cheat can be ruled out here. You really should arm yourself with the facts before posting drivel. People like yourself really annoy me.

I never mentioned the "corner cheat" you described, perhaps take more time to read what is written.

Any routines producing a high number of goals are exploiting the ME in some way whether they have been acknowledged or not.

I never mentioned the "corner cheat" you described, perhaps take more time to read what is written.

Any routines producing a high number of goals are exploiting the ME in some way whether they have been acknowledged or not.

Don't be silly. I think we can safely say you meant corner cheat by saying "exploiting the match engine by using a corner routine that would be described as a cheat" whether you meant the one i refered to or not.

You're still accusing someone of cheating without any proof.

To be fair, I discovered a corner routine that allowed my centre back to score twenty goals a season. Now, it wasn't the oft deplored 'corner cheat' that went round these boards a few months ago, as I did check what that was and deliberately avoid using it. However, the way I set it up the corners were aimed at my best header of the ball, who happened to be Subotic. The fact that he was 6"5" and 19's for both heading and jumping made him unbeatable in the air the majority of the time. I have since discovered, given his retirement, that only someone with similar stats can score as many from my corner routine; my other centre-backs, even with 17-19 heading are shorter than 6'4" and only have 15-16 max for jumping. They can only score 10-12 a season from my set-up.

What I'm trying to say is that in a situation where a player has both a good and well-thought-out routine, and a centre-back who is far superior in the air to his opponent's markers, it is definitely possible to achieve an unrealistic goal return for a CB. This goal return is no more ridiculous in comparison to 'real-'life' than having your strikers regularly score 40+ a season, which most players seem to do. Admittedly it is a flaw in the game that the AI cannot adapt to your set-piece routines (or if they do, then they don't do it well enough at all), unlike one's open-play tactics. But to deny a player the right to tinker with their set-pieces until they strike gold is the same as saying they can't use the sliders to improve on the open-play tactics until they score buckets-full there. To harangue a player for having taken the time to set up a routine that suits his players and works well, and for having managed to bring a player too good for his league to their side is a little harsh.

It's definitely possible without using a 'cheat', and for those of you who are so quick to cry foul, I trust that you leave your tactics on the defaults supplied by SI (a bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point...).

Don't be silly. I think we can safely say you meant corner cheat by saying "exploiting the match engine by using a corner routine that would be described as a cheat"

No, I think its quite clear I meant what I wrote which implies using a routine which exploits the ME.

I never once referred to a specific routine as there are several ways to exploit corners in this version.

No, I think its quite clear I meant what I wrote which implies using a routine which exploits the ME.

I never once referred to a specific routine as there are several ways to exploit corners in this version.

You're still accusing someone of cheating without any proof.

To the OP: Nice one. Ignore the cynics accusing you of cheating when they're not taking the facts into consideration. I myself stick Kyrgiakos on the far post and aim my crosses there, probably a 4/1 chance he heads them into the net, and he got a hat-trick of them in my last match. He's a monster.

To Cougar2010: The reason why he PMed you with that message was because you provoked it with your baseless accusations in such a confrontational manner. You only seem to have come into this thread to troll/pick a fight. Leave it.

Cougar - How many times do i need to reiterate this to you? I am not cheating, Can you comprehend this? it's just an anomaly. it happens in football, it's what makes it so entertaining, being that anything can happen! listen i don't care about your opinion your horrible little cretin!

It angers me that your so egotistical and arrogant as to think you can come into my thread and throw accusations around and it is literally laughable that you think you can Demand proof in the form of screenshots and the audacity to try and interrogate answers out of me regarding my tactics and statistics etc

I know i eluded to it before but Gohouri is much better than any of my other player's in my team, CB's especially, and nobody else scores anywhere near as many, In fact the only defender to score the season before using this same tactic if memory serves me right was James Mcarten and he only managed a handful, so personally i would put it down to the fact that Gohouri is a much superior player, especially given he is the best header in my team being on 18*

I rarely use this forum and had a look recently for FM2011 info and came across this post. I had to comment just to say that Cougar2010 you had no right to accuse BenjiDavidson of cheating, you are totally wrong and make this forum a hard place for newer people that decide to comment.

To the OP: Nice one. Ignore the cynics accusing you of cheating when they're not taking the facts into consideration. I myself stick Kyrgiakos on the far post and aim my crosses there, probably a 4/1 chance he heads them into the net, and he got a hat-trick of them in my last match. He's a monster.

Thanks Suze & everyone else for that matter who hasn't called me a cheat lol :D

And TBH i struggled for a long time with corners (and most set peices for that matter} and i think it mostly comes down to the player you have on the end of them.

Wow now that is impressive. 7 goals by felipe :cool: and yea i am pretty sure Cougar would Crucify you for that haha

Yeah well he can't as the second screenshots proves. Just wanted to post this to underline that fact you can get some freak results without being a cheat.

abcd.png

This has probably been blown out of proportion but there is a distinct difference between discovering an exploit and cheating. To me it sounds as if you have discovered a tactic which is producing great results which may be more to do with a weakness in the ME rather than just the talent of your player, that does not necessarily mean you are cheating.

The confusion is probably coming from the fact that a lot of people will deliberately install a certain tactic or set piece routine knowing that it will hail great results due to a weakness in the ME.

Yeah well he can't as the second screenshots proves. Just wanted to post this to underline that fact you can get some freak results without being a cheat.

That is a striker though, and a superb one as well. With a big win like that you would expect a striker to score a decent number of the goals, just like Defoe against Wigan last season. A centre back scoring that many is slightly different though.

True Dafuge, true, but even so there is no need what so ever for someone to brand another user as a cheat with no evidence.

I think the comments have been taken the wrong way. He wasn't accused of cheating, he was accused of using an exploit which may be considered cheating, especially if the tactic was being used with the knowledge that it was an exploit (which doesn't appear to be the case here).

True Dafuge, true, but even so there is no need what so ever for someone to brand another user as a cheat with no evidence.

Neither were the insults from the accused user needed. When someone reacts like that when they are accused of cheating, in my experience, it means that they have been.

That is a striker though, and a superb one as well. With a big win like that you would expect a striker to score a decent number of the goals, just like Defoe against Wigan last season. A centre back scoring that many is slightly different though.

Don't look so far. Yesterday Voskamp made his debut for the Dutch 2nd division team Sparta, he scored 8/12 Sparta goals.

If you look on Genie Scout Gohouri is also quite well suited to a Target striker although it's only stated he is a CB in the game, TBH i don't expect to be called a cheat, it's not as if i have cheated somebody or have posted this to gain some kind of adulation. The only reason i shared it is because i thought it was so spectacular and that a CB could score so many goals and not be given a 10.0, Happens all to often on here that you get people like cougar being rude to users from what i see which is sad really. Hence why i don't participate on here too often

I'm not going to answer all the comments individually so I'll try to cover most of them with what will be my final post in this thread.

A) I've seen enough of these type of threads over the last couple of years to gauge the difference between good tactics & exploiting the ME without seeing any sort of screenshots/proof/evidence. This isn't even close to being borderline.

B) Although I never directly called the OP a cheat I can see how some of you have got the impression I implied it. This isn't the case and I don't think for a second that the OP has gone looking for an exploit. However he has come across a routine that gives an unrealistic level of goals for a particular player which would be classed as an exploit/weakness in the ME.

C) Once found myself and many others would go out of our way to not use that routine/order. Not just at corners either, this would cover the tactics that see players score 50+ goals a season as well.

D) My first issue with the OP is his refusal to acknowledge that this is an exploit (perhaps partly down to him being naive) and my second is the abuse he has posted since.

EDIT

I'll add an E) Everyone has a right to play the game in their own way but posting threads that take advantage of an exploit overshadow the ones that deserve the recognition.

F) Following on from E) I just want to add that I believe the OP posted this thread in good faith.

If you look on Genie Scout Gohouri is also quite well suited to a Target striker although it's only stated he is a CB in the game, TBH i don't expect to be called a cheat, it's not as if i have cheated somebody or have posted this to gain some kind of adulation. The only reason i shared it is because i thought it was so spectacular and that a CB could score so many goals and not be given a 10.0, Happens all to often on here that you get people like cougar being rude to users from what i see which is sad really. Hence why i don't participate on here too often

Like I've said, I think his comments have been taken slightly out of context. A lot of people will deliberately use tactics like this because they know there is a weakness in the AI. To me it sounds as if you have discovered it for yourself through the sensible management of your player, which is slightly different.

edit: he's just explained it better than I have.

I'm not going to answer all the comments individually so I'll try to cover most of them with what will be my final post in this thread.

A) I've seen enough of these type of threads over the last couple of years to gauge the difference between good tactics & exploiting the ME without seeing any sort of screenshots/proof/evidence. This isn't even close to being borderline.

B) Although I never directly called the OP a cheat I can see how some of you have got the impression I implied it. This isn't the case and I don't think for a second that the OP has gone looking for an exploit. However he has come across a routine that gives an unrealistic level of goals for a particular player which would be classed as an exploit/weakness in the ME.

C) Once found myself and many others would go out of our way to not use that routine/order. Not just at corners either, this would cover the tactics that see players score 50+ goals a season as well.

D) My first issue with the OP is his refusal to acknowledge that this is an exploit (perhaps partly down to him being naive) and my second is the abuse he has posted since.

Laughed out loud! Clearly deluded. This will also be my last post in this thread.

A} How do you believe you can judge my tactics when you don't know my tactics lol, especially given you 1st posted with no more knowledge than that my CB had 5 goals, So please don't try and justify your arrogance by claiming a special talent!

B} You have effectively called me a cheat, Hence my reaction as i found it down right insulting and still do!

C} Apart from the 5 goals he scored in one match, which is an anomaly i fully concede, He has only scored 13 over the course of the season in all competitions which taking into account he has stats of 18 for heading as i have previously said and he is in the CCL2 i wouldn't say it's too out of the ordinary really? - as for the tactics, he doesn't always have the same corner instructions depending on which CB spot he is playing in as 1 is set to challenge goalkeeper and the other to attack far post so you can't even say it is exploiting the ME as the other CB isn't replicating his scoring

D} I never said it couldn't be an exploit? But i certainly refuse to be called a cheat! and who are you to call me Naive? Insulting yet again, and The abuse is justified given the provocation from you with your insults, I don'tlet people disrespect me like that in real life, I wouldn't let an uppity nerd on the internet do it either! - As for the Exploit i Don't see how it could be one in all honesty, I was using the same tactics i had been for 2 seasons and apart from Gohouri who i only bought this season i have never had a defender score anywhere near as much {infact i just checked my other 3 CB's have scored 4 goals between them this season} and I'm now in March.

Not Looking for a confrontation but that is how it is!

Telling your tallest player to stand on far post and aim your corners there is a bit of an exploit but it only works if the said player is unrealistically good for the level you're playing at. At the top level, you really need the best player in the world at jumping/strength/heading AND an extremely good corner taker for it to be considered as an exploit. It should be looked at for sure but it's nowhere near as bad as THE corner cheat. It's probably only the accuracy of corner takers that should be tweaked slightly.

I had a DC set to challenge keeper (I think it was) and he always got into double figures during a season from headed corners. Not sure if that was considered exploiting the match engine. What are you suppose to do? Set them so they don't score very often just to be sure.

I had a DC set to challenge keeper (I think it was) and he always got into double figures during a season from headed corners. Not sure if that was considered exploiting the match engine. What are you suppose to do? Set them so they don't score very often just to be sure.

It is up to you really. A lot of people would realise that the game isn't coping very well with the setup because of the unrealistic results and change it, others would stick with it since it is giving them good results. It's a difficult one to call really, a centre back scoring ten in a season perhaps isn't that unrealistic, maybe just a bit unlikely. It is when your centre back is your top scorer that I think you need to start asking questions!

Well I could of used a striker. But my defenders usually have better heading abilities. A stiker scoring 18 odd goals a season wouldnt be looked twice at but because it's a defender its deemed werid.

Corners are definately one thing that needs looking at for 2011. Don't want to be questioning myself wether I'm cheating or not.

Well I could of used a striker. But my defenders usually have better heading abilities. A stiker scoring 18 odd goals a season wouldnt be looked twice at but because it's a defender its deemed werid.

Corners are definately one thing that needs looking at for 2011. Don't want to be questioning myself wether I'm cheating or not.

I think any player scoring 18 goals a season from corners would be questionable, whatever position they played in.

I agree that it shouldn't be happening, it isn't a nice feeling to know that your great results may just be down to a weakness in the ME.

Archived