Searching for out or contract players

Is there a free access website where you can search for real life out of contract players? If there is it would be a useful tool as a starting point for FM player searches especially when managing at lower levels. I know real life managers have access to an official version (FA licensed?) but that is not "free" to the casual browser.

Player search is limited especially if your scouting network is poor / restricted (as with low rep clubs), still think the right "real life" web resource would be handy - however just remembered the "no club" search trick from CM days and it works on FM10 - so job done!

What's the 'no club' search trick?

Unforutnately i don't think there is a website... i also hate how when you search for free agents on FM its really hard to find the best ones as you have several hundred regens who are all terrible to go through as you look. I would much rather have a tool that allows you to find all the most popular free agents, or most recognized, this would improve the free agent search a lot.

What's the 'no club' search trick?

Search as if by player name but type "no club". It lists EVERYONE, players, staff even journalists, anyone in the dbase really who is "unattached" to any club. WARNING - it will list about 11000 people with no filtration but at least the gems you want are in there somewhere, you just need to trawl though them.

Unforutnately i don't think there is a website... i also hate how when you search for free agents on FM its really hard to find the best ones as you have several hundred regens who are all terrible to go through as you look. I would much rather have a tool that allows you to find all the most popular free agents, or most recognized, this would improve the free agent search a lot.

why dont you set filters on attributes so you can actually get what your looking for?

Also if you can sort via status for the 'bid' icon which is the only way to search for a player that other teams are looking at.

I always search for players who have had more than one cap, it works really well

why dont you set filters on attributes so you can actually get what your looking for?

Also if you can sort via status for the 'bid' icon which is the only way to search for a player that other teams are looking at.

"Bid" players search is a good idea that had previously passed me by, HOWEVER the search facitity is restricted by the club's searching restrictions, surely?. At 11000 finds for the "no club" search I am assuming that this does not apply in that case and at least 75% of all the players found are better than the 1st XI inheritted in a squad at BS Regional level - I suspect they are even better than BS Prem but have not got proof of that yet.

Archived