Do you rotate a large squad of players?

When naming your 25 man squad what is the quality difference from your first choice and 2nd choice players..? The other question; how oftern do you rotate? what makes you rotate.? do you have a maximum amount of players you roate?

I tender to rotate in certain positions rather than others. My defence and goalkeeper are pretty much set in stone barring injury. My wingers are rotated depending on form and are also most likely to be substiuted.I will try to rotate my strikers until I find a partnership that works.

At the end of the day if a player is on form I will keep him in, unless I am playing a really poor team in the league or cup. In this case I will blood the kids.

I tend to rotate all players that are below 93/4% out of the team, even if they are playing well, unless I have injuries to their cover. After only losing 3 times in 4 seasons, I'm starting to rotate in the kids a bit more, rather than just keeing the same 20-25 players playing week in week out. havent had many complaints so far.

Below 95% and I don't play people, unless it's a big game and they're one of my stars. 2 players in each position and some random kids to fill the benches is usually enough for me.

I also tend to have one super utility player who can cover the whole midfield and one who covers the whole of defence, they both usually finish the season on around 5 (35).

When i have a large squad i generally play players that have to be player no matter what there form (such as wayne rooney for man utd and ronaldo for real madrid) and then choose the rest of my team via their form during the pre-season, the players on form and playing well generally form the best team you can have, its up to the other players to impress coming on as subs so they can work their way into the starting line up.

1 quality keeper, 2 quality players for each position giving me 21 players, and then 1 good keeper as backup, and some good backup players to fill the 25, then obviously supplement that with the U21s who I don't need to register but can play anyway, some of whom aren't great, but are decent, and could probably do a decent job if it was just 1 game, so I have a good team. As far as rotating goes, generally I have a 1st 11 and 2nd 11 (who are certainly good enough for the 1st 11), and swap them round game to game (ie 1st 11 play 1 game, 2nd 11 play the next, 1st 11 play the next, etc) to keep fitness levels up for everyone and give everyone games. The only position I don't change is the keeper.

I generally try and keep my squad as small as possible. I generally do this ny retrainign all my other players in other positions. Ie. central defenders ro play as fullback, wingers to play on both flanks, full backs on both sides etc. This enables me to have fewer but more versatile expensive big names and I fill the rest of my squad (the back ups) with youngsters of a decent quality.

Like above I try to give myself 2 teams ( A team and a B team)

Never played a game in Iceland what's it like? Any major differences?

The season takes place from May to October so the fixtures get crammed into a shorter time period. During a world cup year all the June fixtures have to postponed so if you do well in the cups and europe you can end up playing 10-15 matches in August.

I prefer 1 goalkeeper, but my reserve is always 35 and has to be happy to sit on the bench in perpetuity. I'm Spurs and I play 41212 with wingers. My defence consists of 8 players continually on rotation. DM is pretty much set in stone. My wingers and AMC I don't rotate but substitute a lot and I keep 4 top class strikers and 2 'potentials'. It's a juggling game half the time, but come April after a run in Europe I'm grateful for the rotation, I really am.

I currently keep at least 2 top quality players of every single position on my team. Also I often have high-quality youth players outside of that, so typically I have 3 good players per position. This is at St mirren. When you reach a point where your finances can take it, a good-sized squad and rotation seems good.

The season takes place from May to October

I assume thats down to the weather and/or the lack of daylight hours during the winter making football impossible, so does anybody know what would happen if an Icelandic team qualified for the later stages of a European competition?

Sorry to go OT.

I assume thats down to the weather and/or the lack of daylight hours during the winter making football impossible, so does anybody know what would happen if an Icelandic team qualified for the later stages of a European competition?

Sorry to go OT.

I have done so a couple of times. The group stage mostly takes place in pre-season so you have to arrange friendlies to keep your players fit, then you have you play the knockout stages before the league season kicks off. The players only get a two-day holiday.

keeper and back 4 and main striker are my 1st choice as much as possible:thup:

I tend to rotate my central midfield players/wingers on a regular basis

even though my squad is 25 .......I tend to use my squad players with reserve team, and in theory its 18/19 players I use

my bech is made up of a gk/fb/cd/cm/w/s/s/

I try to get 2 quality players for each position and then I'll generally rotate depending on form, but more often than not on fitness, for example if a player is less than 93/92%. Sometimes I also rotate depending on the team I'm playing, for example if I'm playing a team with slow defenders I may play a fast striker instead of a target man. I always try to get my reserve team more or less an U21 team so I also have a lot of promising young players ready to come in if necessary.

With a big club I usually try to have two team of 11 players more or less of the same quality (22 top players) and use the best team more than the other 11 dudes. I usually don't mix the 2 teams. In addition, I keep some average players (eg: 3rd keeper, a couple of defenders, a couple of midfielders and a striker) to fill my bench in case of injuries.

With a small club I try to use as much as I can my best players becasuse reserves obviously are not so good.

Archived