Dynamic League Reputation - Better Prize Money - I Hope!

I hope the Prize money Goes up when your Dynamic League Reputation Goes up. You will need more prize money if you want bigger player for you club, Plus put the League Cup prize money up to when the Dynamic League Reputation goes up.

You need money to go from a semi pro to pro fooball club. so players are at the football fulltime.

Good shout, it's all well & good being able to get the interest of better players but if the income through sponsorship & TV deals doesn't go up the feature will not work as well as it should.

/Can here heads hitting tables at the SI office if they've forgotten about this aspect of league reputation.

I hope the Prize money Goes up when your Dynamic League Reputation Goes up. You will need more prize money if you want bigger player for you club, Plus put the League Cup prize money up to when the Dynamic League Reputation goes up.

The head honcho said in the official thread that for legal reasons prize money will stay fixed, so there is potential for this to go very wrong

- league rep increases

- no prize money increases

- no stadium improvements

- stagnant sponsorship (not kit deals but additional revenue streams)

=>

- you can mechanically attract a better quality of player but can't afford to pay them

- no finances for stadium improvement which impacts on revenue across the 'top league'

- top players playing in crappy stadiums week in week out

So you get a mechanical improved rep but no actual improvement at all.

Having said that I'm pretty sure this type of thing will get heavy focus in testing/development and they'll come up with (or already have done) ways to make it happen as opposed to just implementing the increasing rep as a stand alone effect.

EDIT: started typing this before your post appeared Barside

Unless it changed since, I read a few days ago that prize money for some leagues increases but not for others due to legal reasons because the league has to be exactly what it is in the licensing agreement they have with the league. It is probably similar to where future MLS expansions are not coded in because they only have an agreement for the league to contain the current teams.

Because modern business waffle is all about the brand so marketing muppet A says we do not want our brand having the potential to be devalued in this virtual world. He then contacts the company lawyers and says that the licensing of the brand must involve maintenance of it's quality hence everything must remain true.

That would be my (most likely incorrect) guess.

Anyway here's the quote

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=5743148#post5743148

OK - have just had some, although it's less than conclusive! In some leagues, it will go up (or down). In others, legal reasons mean it has to be fixed, so those won't move. Bloody lawyers.... Can't even say which leagues it applies to either for the same lawyery reason.

I can see this being another area where reputation overrides common sense, for example two clubs are bidding for the same player 20 years into the game with club A playing in a league that has seen a massive rise in reputation & club B playing in a league that has seen a slight drop taking them below the rising league , club B will still be able to offer wages vastly superior to club A so the only way dynamic league reputation will work with regards to player acquisition is if the game is coded to ensure the player signs to play in the league with the highest rep regardless of what is on the table financially, without this rule in place the whole feature is worthless & nothing more than an ugly bloke getting a stylish haircut & some new threads, at the end of the day he's still an ugly bloke.

i dont see where you have got the idea the league with a rise in rep wont be able to offer the wages, success is needed for rep increases and success also brings money so the only thing slightly hindering finances will be the leagues with fixed prize money, all the others factors wil be changeable. new stadiums will be built and sponserships money will increase accordingly to reputation

edit: when i say sucess i mean continental success

Where will this money come from? I imagine one of the fixed amounts will be the CL money which is one of the key revenue streams for a successful club in a poor nation & IIRC the money on offer is not a flat amount for every team but is weighted dependant on how much of the TV/Sponsorship revenue is generated by our country so if you are managing in Poland which I guess has quite a small cut of the CL money then that pot will not increase & in fact in relative terms your sides share will drop as Polands cut will be shared among more teams as the coefficients increase.

One aspect I think will come into play with Dynamic League Reputation is that European football will always be superior to anything in other continents. This is true to real life also, though, so I imagine it will only come into play with European football on a consistent basis for one (or more) teams in the league.

CL TV deals cannot be negiotated by the individual club & as for domestic deals some countries have a collecting bargaining arrangement while others let the clubs sort out their own deals, if you're in a league which currently has collective bargaining then I would think there is a risk that the legal issues that have been mentioned could result in the current deals being fixed.

you get the same money whatever team you are for winning the comp or getting to the groups or knockouts

In respect to the CL prize money & share of the TV revenue are different, or at least they should be if the game mirrors real life.

I've no idea where people think an increase in prize money is going to come from 'realistically'. The major European leagues are swimming in cash because of television money, not because teams have won the champions league.

Take a country like Germany, where I've read have one of the highest wage brackets in football. One or two teams might make a bit of a splash in Europe, but they can't be said to be a prolific nation in that respect. They have lots of cash because they have a healthy number of subscribers to watch them on TV.

Perhaps this can be summed up in how a league becomes attractive or weathly: Country population -> tv exposure ->tv money -> quality of game increases (due to better players) -> tv exposure grows outside country -> more tv money etc...

I don't see why winning the CL would have a direct impact on prize money or tv revenue domestically. I suspect the biggest impact is the 'quality of game' variable, which still relies on the other teams around your team being able to equally improve in quality - else you have a Rangers/Celtic sceanario and how 'rich' are the Scottish leagues? =)

I sure want to see some increase in TV and prizes if the competition rises, it makes sense.

You have better players in the league as a whole so it becomes more competitive, more interesting, more fans, more money.

Obviously population of the nation will have some impact but you can still have an increase especially if you were in a big country. For example you were winning everything in Russia and the other clubs were up there too, all the top players wanting to move there. Then the Russian league would be right up there as one of the biggest leagues in the world and have money to match from the extra fans.

Archived