FM08 Blog: In-depth International Management

I'm Scotland manager and wonder is it possible to ask a player who is eligible (after five years in the country) to consider a national team call up?

EG - Nacho Novo. Is eligible but can I ask him to consider taking up a scottish passport?

Also do players who i sign with Rangers automatically become eligible for Scotland after five years? Assuming they are uncapped of course.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having a problem with international management. I have been hired to manage Ghana, and am finding it impossible to hire an assistant who is any use at all (Motivation, Man Mgmtn, Judge Ability over 10). Even the ghanaian coaches say no. Why can't you advertise for international staff or filter out unrealistic targets, as you can for clubs. I have now offered the job to over 30 AM's (one at a time!), including obscure and brand new staff. Any advice/any chance of this being looked at?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I want to know why you cannot manage the German national team and certain African/South American ones?

At times the game is stupid, limiting people to who they can/cannot mangage, their ARE some of us out there who would like the opportunity to run these teams.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stewpot01:

I want to know why you cannot manage the German national team ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are ways around this; it's due to licensing issues. Look around some unofficial fansites which are able to give clear information.

Can you manage both club tems and intenational teams at the same time?? i am man utd manager and have been offered the England job, if i takeit will i lose man utd??

Archived