Is there any chance for a 10.4 patch ?

why cant you understand that for me who i am greek having panathinaikos taking 60m euros each year for tv revenues makes the game unplayable because in two years pan. will have aguerro and olympiakos will have gerrard. its not realistic. maybe you dont care because you dont play that league

but for me is vital!

and i had to wait 2 bloody months. i am sure that if the problem was for a british league SI would have patched the game immediatly!

I didn't understand that, because thats the first time you've mentioned it. Surely raising the profile, and ability of players in the Greek division is what you want though?

But I digress. Yes, if it was an English division, it would be changed quicker, because the English leagues are probably the most played, and any company will fix the problems causing the most annoyance first.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My question is why SI can't take the time to fix the minor bugs in the 10.3 patch. If customers are upset about it, it would make sense for SI to do the day of leg work in order to make them happy. Instead, they take this defensive "oh no, we work way too hard on FM11 that we can't devote ANY TIME WHATSOEVER to fixing FM10" attitude, which really makes no sense for me. [...] SI releases 10.4 patch, the 10 people who were upset are now happy, and I'm not being glib. In my opinion, every customer should matter. I don't care if it's literally only the Greek guy who would be made happier, SI has a responsibility as a business to go out of their way to make sure ALL of their customers are treated well...

Fine then. Lets fix every problem in FM10 that bothers anyone. If we need to make every single customer happy, let's get on it. Though of course, this is going to take the whole team to do, rather than just one guy you know? So we'll do one months work on FM11, and spend the rest of the year perfecting FM10 so that no-one can complain. FM11 will be ****, but who cares? At least FM10 will be perfect.

There are a minimal number of complaints on the forum about Greek finances, and a handful of arguments and counter-arguments about Brazil. Neither of these problems will be flashing up for SI as being major problems who are affecting a significant number of users, so they don't need to do it. If they were striving for 100% satisfaction, they maybe they should, but it's not financially viable to set programmers on fixing it for past games.

I'm sure they take the problems on board, and will have changed it for FM11 if people have complained. It's took you until the 83rd post in this thread to say that the Greek leagues have some sort of problem, and even I'm not sure that you'd rather reduce prize money or increase expenditure, so what are SI expected to do?

SI should have the real contract that clubs had with television. but anyways the point is that you see the tree and you miss the forest.there are several issues like that. i will mention another one just for the record. in asian confederation cup participates a team called etoile that has only french players . in real life this team

does not have the right to participate. in game it does and because french players are superior they rip everyone apart. it might not sound a big problem for the majority of people because they play european leagues but it should be solved too.

as a conclusion because it seems like this conversation has no end i strongly believe that SI shouldnt leave the old football manager games at the mercy of God when season finishes. ok i am not expecting since season is over to have an update every two months but every six months just to fix these problems i dont think that it would be a big deal.

Because as i said in my opinion the real hardcore football manager fans play numerous seasons (until 2050 or more) and they dont change the game every november. so IM MY OPINION again i think that SI doesnt respect those hardcore fans that much.

but i can accept that some people might believe something else .no need to argue :)

Nope. They corrected much more than just Stephen Carr's absence.

Well done for picking out one minor point in the full post.

Yes I know that obviously. But at the time most of the talk was about Carr being retired and not in the Birmingham squad. This seemed to be the main issue that people were bothered about that the patch fixed.

And before you say anything about the memory issue which it fixed, yes I know that. How many people were not at other clubs in other leagues that were left out of the patch? The point is is that Carr was included mostly on the basis that he was playing in the Premier League and SI have more bias towards it to make the data correct. Any other minor leagues dont seem to be as important and its like its a case of when they get round to it rather than going out of their way to fix it.

Because as i said in my opinion the real hardcore football manager fans play numerous seasons (until 2050 or more) and they dont change the game every november. so IM MY OPINION again i think that SI doesnt respect those hardcore fans that much.

I think you are very wrong.

Although I know some people that purchase the game every 2-3 years I believe the bulk of the fans, especially the hardcore ones purchase each new release.

This is evidenced just by looking at the various FM fansites/forums which show only a tiny minority of questions/screenshots/threads from older versions.

The point is is that Carr was included mostly on the basis that he was playing in the Premier League and SI have more bias towards it to make the data correct. Any other minor leagues dont seem to be as important and its like its a case of when they get round to it rather than going out of their way to fix it.

Carr was done that way because he could be done by changing the code rather than the data. No data changes were made for 10.1- there isn't a 10.1 database. Besides, that patch fixed the finance problems with the Finnish league.

SI never have, and never will, released a fourth patch unless the third patch literally made the game unplayable. If Premier League clubs are making far too much money after the Feb/March patch for FM11, then they wouldn't fix it. They didn't fix the corner bugs, despite massive pressure to, for example.

Carr was done that way because he could be done by changing the code rather than the data. No data changes were made for 10.1- there isn't a 10.1 database. Besides, that patch fixed the finance problems with the Finnish league.

SI never have, and never will, released a fourth patch unless the third patch literally made the game unplayable. If Premier League clubs are making far too much money after the Feb/March patch for FM11, then they wouldn't fix it. They didn't fix the corner bugs, despite massive pressure to, for example.

The corner thing wasnt a bug, it was an exploit. You have a choice to use it or not and the AI doesnt use it against you. So its a case of either you use it or you dont, nothing to fix really.

Archived