[10.3] 4-2-3-1 Special OneTop 2.0 Classic /best

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and then a couple more defeats ending with 4-2 to Liverpool (even Jamie Carragher scored...from open play!), think I'm out with this tactic too. Good while it lasted - got me to 2nd in the 1st season, was top this season until January, now conceding on average 4 goals a game with 6+ ccc's to the opposition. Seems to me, most goals are scored by my FBs getting too far up the field and having balls played in behind them (I've tried adjusting Closing Down, and their Mentality settings but to no avail) - then the CB has to come out to press the ball only to leave a huge space for the forward(s) to have an easy scoring chance. It's only because Joe Hart has been different gravy that I haven't been conceding more imo.

i've been playing around with the tactic for a days now, trying to sure up the defense.

i think i've greatly improved it without altering the already brilliant attacking potential.

i left the top 4 attackers as they were but below that i've tried to incorporate the 'nike' defensive system, as well as setting some solid defensive corner and freekick routines (i hope). added to that some good attacking corner and freekick routines (NOT the cheat routine).

only played about 6 games with this as man utd, conceded only 2 and scored close to 20, this included games against arsenal and chelsea.

i'll keep testing and see what happens

Here goes...

First off, i believe the top 4 attackers are more or less the same. The 3 AMC's look to feed in the striker (the target man), and now and again the striker will come deep and feed in one of the AMC's. The credit for this great movement goes to the original poster.

Now the things i've tweaked.

Midfield:

The right MC still has some attacking tendencies but will mainly sit in the midfield and look to play through balls, although carrick has got into the box before for me and got a goal.

The left MC is much more defensive, acting almost as an anchorman but still possessing the ability to play through balls to the attack. Both of the MC's chase around closing down.

Defense:

I've tried to set up the 'nike' system, whether i got it right i dont know. The right DC will look to close down and intercept attacks, while the left DC will hang back and sweep up any attacks that are missed, effectively 'covering'. I've tried to keep the FB's in place and defend solidly, but they are still free to get forward and are often seen overlapping the wide AMC's providing crosses. As for the GK, not too many changes, just made more defensive and doesnt come out as much.

Team changes:

Defensive line is pulled back slightly from the original and tempo increased slightly, while NOT playing the offside trap (should help teams with slower/aging defenders). The overall marking has been changed to 'man marking', helping to reduce the gaps in the defense.

Finally, i have set up a few set piece routines. For defensive corners the left DC marks tallest player, right DC the near post and the LB the far post, everyone else is man marking, except 3 of the 4 attackers which stay upfield. As for attacking corners the left DC is key, he is the one attacking the far post and often grabs a few goals during the season (for me vidic was amazing). The same applies for attacking freekicks, the left DC can riggle free and get in a few headers on goal.

for me the middle AMC is set up to take all set pieces, you may want to switch instructions with the other position that takes them for you.

Hope this works for you too, though i cant promise anything, this was set up to best fit my team.

Sorry for the waffling, here it is...

http://www.mediafire.com/?l8zvdiacx2zl7x5

Here goes...

First off, i believe the top 4 attackers are more or less the same. The 3 AMC's look to feed in the striker (the target man), and now and again the striker will come deep and feed in one of the AMC's. The credit for this great movement goes to the original poster.

Now the things i've tweaked.

Midfield:

The right MC still has some attacking tendencies but will mainly sit in the midfield and look to play through balls, although carrick has got into the box before for me and got a goal.

The left MC is much more defensive, acting almost as an anchorman but still possessing the ability to play through balls to the attack. Both of the MC's chase around closing down.

Defense:

I've tried to set up the 'nike' system, whether i got it right i dont know. The right DC will look to close down and intercept attacks, while the left DC will hang back and sweep up any attacks that are missed, effectively 'covering'. I've tried to keep the FB's in place and defend solidly, but they are still free to get forward and are often seen overlapping the wide AMC's providing crosses. As for the GK, not too many changes, just made more defensive and doesnt come out as much.

Team changes:

Defensive line is pulled back slightly from the original and tempo increased slightly, while NOT playing the offside trap (should help teams with slower/aging defenders). The overall marking has been changed to 'man marking', helping to reduce the gaps in the defense.

Finally, i have set up a few set piece routines. For defensive corners the left DC marks tallest player, right DC the near post and the LB the far post, everyone else is man marking, except 3 of the 4 attackers which stay upfield. As for attacking corners the left DC is key, he is the one attacking the far post and often grabs a few goals during the season (for me vidic was amazing). The same applies for attacking freekicks, the left DC can riggle free and get in a few headers on goal.

for me the middle AMC is set up to take all set pieces, you may want to switch instructions with the other position that takes them for you.

Hope this works for you too, though i cant promise anything, this was set up to best fit my team.

Sorry for the waffling, here it is...

http://www.mediafire.com/?l8zvdiacx2zl7x5

Thanks mate!

Here are my results using the original tactic - 2nd season, Conference North. No OI and 'wish luck' assistant teamtalk

Results

Lost 0-2 away

Drew 1-1 away

won 3-1 home

won 2-0 away

drew 1-1 home

drew 2-2 home

lost 0-3 away

Won 2 Drawn 3 Lost 2

Mixed bag of results really. I haven't got a great squad to be fair and I'm currently midtable, (predicted top half).

Just a quick update.....Using stefans tweaked version my QPR team beat derby 5-1

no big names in the team...

ST Macheda (loan)

AMC Wilshere (loan)

DC Smalling (loan)

Other then that pretty standard team.

Wilshere got 2 Macheda 1 other goals came from open play with the midfield working really well. Derby only scored late on. so far so good!

just won PL with Nottm Forest, second season, with stefan's version.

using it since November, Agbonlahor scored 50 times.

my team is:

Ochoa(America-MEX)

Gunter - Chris Baird(Fulham) - Bostjan Cesar(Grenoble) - Easton(Burnley)

Jenas(Spurs) - Cohen

Neymar(Santos) - Buonanotte(River Plate) - Rakitic(Schalke)

Agbonlahor(Aston Villa)

here

From my experince with the tactic,Fast and good finishing striker.

I tried it with dzeko and it didnt work the best.

And i notice he doesnt need to have great Techinque or dribbling attributes that just a bonus.

Finish compusre Pace Balance Str Antc u shud be good

Guys,

What kind of striker should we use?

Tks

i'd say someone who's like a complete forward, rooney has been reliable for me. he can come deep and play decent passes but also make great runs off the ball.

managing spain torres has also been good, mainly because of his pace and finishing ability. alot of goals from the striker will be from one on ones when his fed in, so finishing and composure is important

Hold on - im playing with Real Madrid, 2 games into the season.

Malaga away - drew 3-3

Alteltico away - drew 3-3, they came back from 3 goals down

Surely that cant be right at all, sorry?

are you using the original?

if so it can take a few games to set in... or its just that the tactic has defensive weaknesses

I use Stefan tweaked for Everton..

Season : 2009-2010

Database : MetalGuitarist

Transfer In : M.Diarra (4 mil pounds) + Addison (3.5 mil pounds)

Transfer Out : Beckfort 600k and Yakubu 10 mil

Result : Won the premiership on week 37

Goals : 127

Conceded : 59 :(

Proof :

result.jpg

Thanks man !! Amazing tactics !!

this tactic maybe a tweak version of goalstorm V3?look rather similar.I won't try it.

I also think Chanho modified it,because I asked about the tactic which he converted and he didn't answer,but I still try it and think it is also the wonderful tactic.I think you also should try,no matte what

After everything I read about this tactic I really wanted to like it...really I did. But the defensive side of it is a bit of a joke to be honest. I had two fast center backs and I was still leaking goals like there was no tomorrow. I gave it several games to settle in and did have some great results but I also had some horrendous ones, including a 3-2 loss to West Ham when I was 2-0 up. This was as Manchester United.

What this tactic does do very well is score goals and I felt a huge part of that was the way the front 4 was set up. So I took inspiration from that and created a new tactic (in the modern style) using the same front 4 system. I then took a deeper defensive line using the Nike system and in front of that I employed two deep lying playmakers. I set the two defensive midfielders to having high attacking mentality so that when we had the ball they would push up the field and join the attack (much like the original tactic) however when we lose the ball they sit very deep and protect the defense. So far I have found this to be very successful. I am scoring goals for fun and in the 4 games I have played it I am yet to concede a goal from open play. The three I have conceded were long distance free kicks and a penalty.

I am going to test it out and keeping tweaking it for the rest of the season and if it proves as balanced and brilliant as it is hinting at, then I will upload it. I will do so here because the credit for the attack really needs to go to the OP, even if I did change it a little bit.

I've tested this tactic out a little bit with my Evian team in France (year is 2019) and I am in Ligue 1 after getting promoted from Ligue 2 the previous season.

The tactic helps my team score shedloads of goals, but defensively it was rather weak. That, and the fact my players (especially the fullbacks!) were absolutely shagged by about 65-70 minutes.

A few tweaks to the closing down and the defensive line, combined with dropping the team mentality to a more standard/medium level, helped me to resolve the issues. Working like a charm now!

I've tested this tactic out a little bit with my Evian team in France (year is 2019) and I am in Ligue 1 after getting promoted from Ligue 2 the previous season.

The tactic helps my team score shedloads of goals, but defensively it was rather weak. That, and the fact my players (especially the fullbacks!) were absolutely shagged by about 65-70 minutes.

A few tweaks to the closing down and the defensive line, combined with dropping the team mentality to a more standard/medium level, helped me to resolve the issues. Working like a charm now!

can you post your tweaked tactic ?

Archived