'Official' Football Manager 2011 Boxed Version Purchasing and Delivery Discussion

which probably means it's been dispatched....

Surely youd get a dispatch email, with Fifa 11 they didnt email due to the sheer quantity of orders they had to get sent out, but FM11 wont be anywhere near the same imo. Think the best thing to do Richard76 mate is ring them to see if they got stock in, if they have, could well have been dispatched. :)

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My shopto status now says N/A???

Mine has said this since I ordered it yesterday. A couple of hours a go the ShopTo website said changed to 'in-stock processing pre-orders'. Now is has gone back to N/A - pre-order. They may still not have it in stock yet?

I have always gone to ASDA on the morning of release and bought the game usually for around £25, this year I've decided to give steam a go, The demo downloaded and runs without a hitch so I have every faith the full game will also be easy and problem free.

Can you please let us know which stores in Belgium are already selling the game?

If I get my copy tonight; i'll let you know :D

I called the shop and the girl said she would have a copy ready

I got FM2010 earlier last year as well in a shop; I'm guessing this might be the last year then, if you guys give that shop a yellow card...

But I can see why you guys don't like shops selling early.

I hope you guys understand why I want to buy it early. ;)

with all this talk of the game bein on sale in belgium or wherever i just rang one of the local computer game stores literally 2 mins ago, i asked did they know when the new football manager is out, playing dumb like (not much playin involved lol), anyway to my shock or delight whichever, the girl on the phone said it will be on sale when they open tomorrow, i didnt ask was she sure or anything, i just said thanks very much for your help, goodbye. im in dublin for anyone who is interested.

with all this talk of the game bein on sale in belgium or wherever i just rang one of the local computer game stores literally 2 mins ago, i asked did they know when the new football manager is out, playing dumb like (not much playin involved lol), anyway to my shock or delight whichever, the girl on the phone said it will be on sale when they open tomorrow, i didnt ask was she sure or anything, i just said thanks very much for your help, goodbye. im in dublin for anyone who is interested.

LOL wow, we the Steamers are the suckers huh?

Well, let me think here:

- There are around 20-30% of FMers playing the game illegally by now I'd say (based on how many people on FM communities are already playing it)

- After that, lots of shops have alrelady sold it/are selling it well before Friday

- For me in particular, Steam says it will not unlock until 3 days and several hours, so it could be Friday evening for me in the US (or Saturday morning in the UK)

Well, let me think here:

- There are around 20-30% of FMers playing the game illegally by now I'd say (based on how many people on FM communities are already playing it)

- After that, lots of shops have alrelady sold it/are selling it well before Friday

- For me in particular, Steam says it will not unlock until 3 days and several hours, so it could be Friday evening for me in the US (or Saturday morning in the UK)

That isn't true. Say the FM community is 400,000 there is no way 100,000 people have the game yet. A couple of shops in Belgium have sold it and nobody has received it by post yet. Steam will have it available from midnight on Friday, just cos it says it's locked for 3 days a x hours doesn't mean a thing at this stage.

Can you please let us know which stores in Belgium are already selling the game?

Miles,

Just home

Went into the store

ME: Hi I called you earlier regarding Football Manager 2011

Nice but Dim Salesgirl: yes, I remember. Let's see. Ah, here is your game.

ME: What's this?

Nice but Dim Salesgirl: Your football manager game you asked about.

ME: No it isn"t.

Nice but Dim Salesgirl: Yes it is

ME: No it isn't . It's FIFA manager 2011

Nice but Dim Salesgirl: Yes, the new football manager game.

ME: *sigh* See you on friday

Lovely girl btw...

I'll let you know if I see the game in stores in Belgium before friday

:D

IMO these kind of problems (and struggling to find it on the high street) are really what makes Steam such an attractive way to purchase games. Of course it does have its drawbacks too.

Purchasing via Steam isn't for me, simply because I like to have the game installed on my laptop, my PC and sometimes a 3rd PC as well. Having a DVD-Rom is far easier than having to download the game three times.

If I just used one machine though, I think I'd go for it.

• SI Staff
Miles,

Just home

Went into the store

Lovely girl btw...

That's actually quite funny. Although not for the SEGA Benelux office, who've been trying to work out who it is, and how it's even possible.

That's actually quite funny. Although not for the SEGA Benelux office, who've been trying to work out who it is, and how it's even possible.

"lovely girl" he shouldve asked her out. He can have her for a few days before the official release and get rid

Miles,

Just home

Went into the store

Lovely girl btw...

If that had been me I would have been fuming.

FM has gone back to "In stock - pre orders being processed" on shopto now.
Mine was dispatched today, before 5pm which means there's a 50% chance it comes tommorow and 50% it's Thursday. It'll no doubt be Thursday :p

Well I got a email from ShopTo saying they've now charged me for the game and it's processing.

So no despatch tonight for me then by the looks of it but no hassle....don't want to play it really until we get the patch anyway.

Well I got a email from ShopTo saying they've now charged me for the game and it's processing.

So no despatch tonight for me then by the looks of it but no hassle....don't want to play it really until we get the patch anyway.

I think that usually means that it has been sent i believe. I remember getting that email for fifa and the next day i received it. I had already paid for mine so hoping that it will also be sent out soon, but if not it's not a problem as I'm at chelsea tomorrow night, thursday night is going to get the nibbles, drinks, sweets etc night and friday night is the big marathon session!

I checked, my last order I got the charging email the night before and an email/text in the morning telling me it was dispatched. I thought it would be dispatched tomorrow with a thursday arrival, and as long as it comes on time I can't complain, so a thursday delivery would be cool.

Has anyone who ordered from Game had any confirmation of the next stages as yet mine is still at pre-order stage. Just concerned as when I got FM2010 from them last year I got the following messages after pre-order.

28/10/2009 Your order has been dispatched.

27/10/2009 Your order is currently being picked and packed.

24/10/2009 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

23/10/2009 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for fulfilment.

14/09/2009 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

Since last time that took 6 days from the next stage after pre-order to dispatch the game and there only 2 days before the release date I wondered if they are pushing it abit fine and I wondered what other peoples order status was

Thanks

Archived