'Official' Football Manager 2011 Boxed Version Purchasing and Delivery Discussion

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will be £29.99 in shops I think for the hard copy. I'd be surprised if anyone sells it for RRP. Although I'm sure I'll be proved wrong now

I think it'll be £29.99

Personally I'd say online shops are saying the RRP is £40-ish so they can pretend they are offering a good deal for pre-orders when it's just the same as buying it on release

I believe some did the same last year, and I never saw a single shop sell it for more than £30 after release

And if it is £40 this year... no chance I refuse to pay more than £30 for a game unless the casing is made from pure platinum and the manual paper made from the P. baylisiana tree

when I preorder from shopto, I normally get my dispatched email on Tuesday evening, around 7pm and it normally arrives on the Thursday (I live in Northern Ireland), so could be quicker for those of you on the mainland. So I wouldn't be too worried if you have ordered from shopto.

• SI Staff
Maybe somewhere else, but Tesco don't sell (new) PC games anymore.

Tesco's WILL be selling Football Manager 2011. And many Tesco stores will be doing midnight openings (SEGA are attempting to get a list together). Some (very much not all) Tesco stores are also offering a free pizza to those who buy at midnight, I'm told, but again, SEGA are the people with those details.

Ordered last night from Play, just been posted today and as I said above, I have always recieved the next day once posted. I have tomorrow and Thursday off, it's now going to be annoying that I have it and can't play it.

Do you live in Jersey, like?

Or somewhere near the south coast anyway?

Tesco's WILL be selling Football Manager 2011. And many Tesco stores will be doing midnight openings (SEGA are attempting to get a list together). Some (very much not all) Tesco stores are also offering a free pizza to those who buy at midnight, I'm told, but again, SEGA are the people with those details.

Well, at least I got corrected by somebody important!

2 shops in Oosende; try to avoid the big ones (mediamarkt, FRS, gamemania, etc): try in toy shops with lady-staff :D

They're not fully aware of "release dates" and just tell you; 'yeah, it's in'...

edit: also shops in Hasselt are selling and 1 in Antwerp

Could you PM me the shop in Antwerp

Play have shipped mine today, they usually take 4/5 days to get things to me so looks like I won't have it until Monday.

That said, in the past I have always got FM from play and they have been a day early, so heres to hoping!

Must say that I am shocked by how long it seems to take play to deliver to some people. How can it take three days longer to get somewhere than it does to get to me. I know I'm south coast but another 3 days for someone that lives anywhere else in England seems crazy,

Must say that I am shocked by how long it seems to take play to deliver to some people. How can it take three days longer to get somewhere than it does to get to me. I know I'm south coast but another 3 days for someone that lives anywhere else in England seems crazy,

As far as I'm aware, they put all the items onto a ship which brings everything to the mainland, and then it's carried forward from there by Royal Mail as second class post. Theoretically, everyone should get their items within 2 or 3 working days of it reaching the mainland. Getting it the day after seems very lucky!

As far as I'm aware, they put all the items onto a ship which brings everything to the mainland, and then it's carried forward from there by Royal Mail as second class post. Theoretically, everyone should get their items within 2 or 3 working days of it reaching the mainland. Getting it the day after seems very lucky!

I've probably jinxed it now anyway.

Archived