'Official' Football Manager 2011 Boxed Version Purchasing and Delivery Discussion

Just got an email saying:

"We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

Football Manager 2011

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order."

Anyone else had one?

I'm going to be well peeved if I don't get it on release day. I preordered it 2 months ago.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those hazy days disappeared when online retailers undercut the prices of highstreet retailers and offered a better all round service

a better all-round service?? not knowing if you'll get your game or not... down the shops Friday lunchtime for me.

Their original target for dispatch was 29/10 according to my account page, well ordering from The Hut anyway but they own/operate Zavvi. I expect the emails we've all received are automated ones sent after missing a target date by a certain amount of time. They don't dispatch from the Channel Islands like Play, if memory serves, so they've got a little while to get them in the post.

The Hut group have always got the game to me on day of release in the past, so I'm not worried about the email.

Hopefully this isn't the start of all the Zavvi bashing we saw last year :( Not that I'm accusing you of bashing them, but now we've got a bandwagon for people to jump on.

a better all-round service?? not knowing if you'll get your game or not... down the shops Friday lunchtime for me.[/quote

Ive ordered online for the last 4 years and have never been disappointed, it's come early on 2 occasions....probably tempting fate now :p

true but its better and more effective if you start a new game..,ill be gettin in friday when i go to game few days is no biggie

More effective?

The only thing that you wont get in your save from a patch is the player changes so not really.

Whatever happened to the good ole days when people went to buy it from a shop. Stress free, you know when you'll get the game, sorted done and dusted. Baffling/
Thank god I don't have to travel to England just to buy a game that doesn't get released here ;)

As for the Zavvi mail: I didn't get one. It only says 'processing' on Zavvi. So with a bit of luck I might get FM11 at the same time as the people that will receive it delayed in England :)

Just got an email saying:

"We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

Football Manager 2011

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order."

Anyone else had one?

I'm going to be well peeved if I don't get it on release day. I preordered it 2 months ago.

was just about to create the same thread................exactly the same as you mate .........chase them up

im a little hopefull of an early release. i seen somewhere, that someone said it will still be released on the 5th, but if its available online for free, from what i hear its the boxed version of the full game, and stores are alledgedly(sp) selling the game in spain or belgium or poland or wherever, and the games are in the stores sittin in boxes, why not just make the call or send the email or whatever and start makin some cash for themselves. also a guy in a well known game shop told me a couple of years back when i was buyin fm06 or 07 or somethin, its was actually a couple of days before the official release date(i didnt know), coz some other shop sold a copy of it earlier that week everyone just start sellin it coz he said they couldnt get in trouble, only the fool who sold the first copy. so come on si or whoever i need to ask, release the game.

ps. i opted out of downloading the game for free out of respect for what the lads at fm do every year for us. thanks a lot. cant say i wasnt tempted though, i know of at least 12 people who took it off the net today an another 3 or 4 who could of too, these guys would of all bought the game on friday, but lookin forward as usual to buyin my copy whenever its out. wish i could play it now though lol.

More effective?

The only thing that you wont get in your save from a patch is the player changes so not really.

si have always said patches work much better with a new save after the update

As usual prices are a ripoff for aussies. Steam = $89.95USD; Ebgames will be selling at retail for $88

Im fed up and ordering pre order from http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/football-manager-2011-game-pc-and-mac for $37.99AUD

Yep, we have been getting screwed for years.

It's disgusting that we have to pay twice as much as everywhere else in the world, and I've never seen a decent excuse as to why it happens.

Idiots will occasionally say something about EB and other stores not making much profit off it, if we can order it online for around $40 then they could too. Buying in bulk they should even get a better price.

Either the games companies, distributors or our own government are ripping us off. The government may have some sort of tax on them that I don't know about, although they were all supposed to go with the GST, yeah right.

The old excuse was our weak dollar, well that was ages ago, we're nearly the same as the US dollar now, yet are still paying twice as much as everyone else.

I know we should all just order online, but I've stopped using my credit card as I need to bring it down a bit. So I was waiting for it to pop up in JB, but if it's over $80 I'm not buying it on principal. No game should be released for more than $Au50, that's still more than what everyone else in the world pays.

And they wonder why there's illegal copies out there.

When i got to game or amazon website it says rrp £39.99.............which is too much, but they are selling for 27-29 quid. Is this because it's a pre-order, or if i go to the store and pick up will it be £40?

Maybe i'll just steam it, £5 difference is hardly earth shattering

It will be £29.99 in shops I think for the hard copy. I'd be surprised if anyone sells it for RRP. Although I'm sure I'll be proved wrong now

Yep, we have been getting screwed for years.

It's disgusting that we have to pay twice as much as everywhere else in the world, and I've never seen a decent excuse as to why it happens.

Idiots will occasionally say something about EB and other stores not making much profit off it, if we can order it online for around $40 then they could too. Buying in bulk they should even get a better price.

Either the games companies, distributors or our own government are ripping us off. The government may have some sort of tax on them that I don't know about, although they were all supposed to go with the GST, yeah right.

The old excuse was our weak dollar, well that was ages ago, we're nearly the same as the US dollar now, yet are still paying twice as much as everyone else.

I know we should all just order online, but I've stopped using my credit card as I need to bring it down a bit. So I was waiting for it to pop up in JB, but if it's over $80 I'm not buying it on principal. No game should be released for more than $Au50, that's still more than what everyone else in the world pays.

And they wonder why there's illegal copies out there.

Can you receive gift games through steam from people in UK ?

Yes well there is no difference except for transfers.

Not strictly true, some things that are set up when you create a new game may affect that save for the duration of the game, and can't be changed with the patch.

It's always best - not essential, but best - to start a new game post-patch, which is why many people do this.

Why would you want it 1 or 2 days early? You wont play it as the patch wont be out, and can you really not wait 1 more day? I'll be getting it from the shop where i'll be garenteed it!

Why not? Is there something important in the patch that makes the game unplayable? I havent noticed any earth shattering bugs in the demo and since the full game is made from the same code it should be good enough. And besides the patch works on older save games.

Anyway...i pretty sure my game is going to arrive long after the patch has been released. Oh well..its cheaper to order online than to buy locally.

Whatever happened to the good ole days when people went to buy it from a shop. Stress free, you know when you'll get the game, sorted done and dusted. Baffling/

Last year I went to my local ASDA at about 8am, they'd not received their supply yet. Nor had Morrisons around the corner. I went off to work, and at lunchtime popped into the ASDA there. They'd had a supply and sold out, but were expecting another batch "sometime this afternoon". I went back after work at 5pm, and bought the last copy they had.

That's why I've gone back to internet shopping this year!

see i shop for games at an actual game store where you can preorder and guarantee your copy instead of going to a supermarket and hoping they have it on the shelf.

Still i can see the up sides of getting it online, i would just hate sitting at home waiting knowing that "i could have been playing now if i had gone to the shops"

Is there something important in the patch that makes the game unplayable?
Huh?

Theres more than one shop that sells it. We have Game, Hmv, 3 big supermarkets plus countless other game stores, im sure iu can get it earlier and cheaper than alot of people getting it online.

Archived