Football Manager 2011 official announcement

• SI Staff
Maybe I missed it in the announcement (if it's there) - I don't mean to break the "can't talk about the future" rule, but is there an expectation on when System Requirements/Recommendations will be released? I have to get a new PC soon and it will probably be before the game is out...I want to make sure I do it proper justice with my purchase.

Thanks.

We haven't done any compatibility testing yet, and won't be doing so for another few weeks, so can't make those decisions. We are quietly confident that machines that could run FM10 well will run FM11 well too.

Great features! Wow, wasn't really sure if i'd buy the game this year, but this seems really promising. I really like new training, and player interaction, I've been looking for this. Be interesting to see what other features will be announced.

A question that just popped into my head: Will every player have an agent, or only "big"-ish players?

Every player can have an agent, but some decide not to.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing; the footage from the match engine looked pretty cool, and it was good to spot a few new things, either new things (the keeper with his head in his hands) or things that should have been better simulated in the FM10 match engine but were problematically absent (someone above mentioned the jumping wall and a free-kick on target that went over the wall and back down, something with a 0% chance of occurrence in 10.3). But for the most part what we saw in the new footage was stuff that already happens in the current engine.

What would be really interesting for me would be for the next batch of Match footage to show that the new engine has rectified a few more of those problematic absences. I'll put in a couple of requests for things to show, which for me would really demonstrate that the match engine is evolving. If it's not currently possible to find footage of them in the Engine, they might provide a nice little list of details to work on. Their total absence from the 10.3 match engine is a problem, it would be great to see them in FM11.

- A player through one on one rounding the keeper with a dummy.

- A player through one on one waiting for the keeper to go to ground and dinking it over him.

- some more solid player physics for collisions etc (players in 10.3 don't often seem to bump into each other, and they go through each other like ghosts to often)

- A player making a mazy run based on dribbling and dummying rather than pace

- a static player making space for a shot or a cross by dropping his shoulder to send the player guarding him the wrong way.

- a defender shepherding the ball out of play with his upper-body strength blocking another player from getting in behind him

- a player sticking out a leg to block a shot

- a player making a sliding interception

that's just a list of things I'd like to see the engine capable of, since they're a routine part of every single football match. Anyone else have any suggestions of normal football situations that they'd like to see FM11 footage of?

Anyhow, I'm really excited for FM11, keep up the good work.

Available from www.footballmanager.com

Thz Miles. And btw regarding the Dynamic-Rep-and-Lawyer problem...

OK - have just had some, although it's less than conclusive! In some leagues, it will go up (or down). In others, legal reasons mean it has to be fixed, so those won't move. Bloody lawyers.... Can't even say which leagues it applies to either for the same lawyery reason.

... would it be able for those leagues to be written in an .lnc file (as Fake.lnc containing all those countries where fake name players are to be used in the national team), so that we can... um, increase the league which will not be affect by the Dynamic Rep system? ;)

The screen shots are so small that you cant even see whats written in them, any chance we get some bigger than 800x470 so its readable?

I totally agree. Screen shots are impossible to read and see. Would be great if we could get bigger and better quality screen shots to look at.

With whats been announced so far, I think FM2011 is looking good.

Love the dynamic leagues and the ability to ask for a new stadium, having every game ruined by the board keeping me in an 18k stadium in the PL and CL was really annoying.

I cant believe my 2 biggest pet hates are being fixed.

Edit - and the crowd actually wearing the clubs shirt instead of 1 of 8 plain colours.

Sounds good, i like the look/sound of the new match engine graphics. :D

I don't like the sound of the new agents thing though, when offering a player a contract. Sounds complicated, i know it's more realistic but i liked how simple and easy it is/was on FM.

Other than that, i like the sound of everything else! Good that we actually get an option to communicate with a player who's unahppy, and we can request a new stadium etc.

And the dynamic League system should be a great feature. :thup:

some of the new features look good and will probably make the game more complex which isnt a bad thing if you want a challenge..

My only question really is every year we have new features but i still think regens and the way clubs try and build for the futre still needs work for long term games.. has there been any improvment to this area..?

Miles,

Would it be possible to have tv money work like club sponsors do now? The league signs a tv deal that lasts for x amount of years, obviously the money available is based on league rep. Surely this would be a way around legal issues as the leagues could start with their tv deal they have in real life expiring at the time it expires in real life? Perhaps the deal could be affected by the collective business ability of that leagues chairmen.

Probably all too late for FM11.

The game looks awesome! I was always going to buy it on release but i am now very excited about the new game.

They do - from the position that they want everything to be accurate at the time of the license which, in their eyes, is accurate.

Seems to me that the leagues that refuse this feature be used on, are big leagues, that don't want to see their league become minor leagues in games.

play.com says that the game will be released on 10th December, i hope isn't the real date. The other online shops say 29 october.

anyway, i dont understand a thing: this year, there will be digital download, Steam or not Steam???

I wonder with the new training, will we able to train players to use both of their feet, according to their ability of course?

You can't do that now unless you retrain them in a new position, which is pretty stupid.

• SI Staff
So, that leak from a while back was pretty spot on, then.

See post 182 - it wasn't at all.

play.com says that the game will be released on 10th December, i hope isn't the real date. The other online shops say 29 october.

anyway, i dont understand a thing: this year, there will be digital download, Steam or not Steam???

No date has been set.

The game will be on Steam.

I presume it will be available via other digital download platforms too, but it isn't confirmed yet which ones.

Seems to me that the leagues that refuse this feature be used on, are big leagues, that don't want to see their league become minor leagues in games.

Why does SI even license leagues? All this can be downloaded fom the community. Now this means we will never see the Portuguese, Scottish or Dutch league go down in rep.

But I'm very excited about the dynamic league reputation. This game is worth buying just for this feature. Even if the game was the same as 2010, I would still buy it for the dynamic rep. Great job SI.

• SI Staff
Why does SI even license leagues? All this can be downloaded fom the community. Now this means we will never see the Portuguese, Scottish or Dutch league go down in rep.

But I'm very excited about the dynamic league reputation. This game is worth buying just for this feature. Even if the game was the same as 2010, I would still buy it for the dynamic rep. Great job SI.

You will see them go up and down in rep. You won't see TV/prize money change in those leagues though.

Now now miles you will get into trouble for saying bloody lawyers...lol. the details of what you have released so far sound good, have bought and played every version of footy manager/champ managersince the first one was released on the amiga, way back when,,,, so am looking forward to the new season and hope it still has me wanting to get that.... i need just to play this one more match feeling..... and not forgeting " are you going to come to bed tonight or are you just going to play that bloody game all night".....Well time will see, cant wait!!!!

Miles,

First of all ... Great news !

I am Frank16 the moderator of the Gameworld.gr forum [football manager section]

You promised us last year that if FM10 sales, here in Greece increased by 2,000 in comparison with those of FM09 then u will add the Greek language in the game.

have we any new about this ?

Thanx and sorry for my english ;)

You will see them go up and down in rep. You won't see TV/prize money change in those leagues though.

Not sure if you can answer this, but will it be possible to change that through the editor or by editing a file in the game directory? Basically making every leagues TV/Prize money go up and down with rep?

Miles there is something id love you to do with this years edition, can you make it possible for us thats if we want to that is be able to edit someones stats and make him 20s wherever we see fit, i know its usually hard coded to make the game more realistic but after all if were paying good money for the game in which i do every year surely you can make it possible for this to be added, people who dont want to do this obviously dont have to but i know for a fact there is plenty of gamers who would love this added , so please im really hoping you can make this possible as i believe it would be great being able to make some players more or less super human..........ie PELE......wow think of the fantasy databases us guys could create if able to make a player what we see fit for a certain stat, please let me know if you can make this possible, thanks

How come the 45 year old agent look like he's 20-30? FaceGen you're using support aging between 15-65 and it would be a really nice touch if people actually looked their age. That your regen doesn't look the same way when he's 15 as when he's a 50 year old manager etc etc.

http://www.facegen.com/

It's not even a BETA version of the game. Nothings going to look spot when it's still W.I.P.

Miles there is something id love you to do with this years edition, can you make it possible for us thats if we want to that is be able to edit someones stats and make him 20s wherever we see fit, i know its usually hard coded to make the game more realistic but after all if were paying good money for the game in which i do every year surely you can make it possible for this to be added, people who dont want to do this obviously dont have to but i know for a fact there is plenty of gamers who would love this added , so please im really hoping you can make this possible as i believe it would be great being able to make some players more or less super human..........ie PELE......wow think of the fantasy databases us guys could create if able to make a player what we see fit for a certain stat, please let me know if you can make this possible, thanks

You can already do this. Its called the EDITOR which they provide with the game. Or you can use FMRTE

Great to see dynamic league reputation in and can't wait for FM11 to be released!!! :D Anyway I have a question regarding the dynamic reputation: If I was to create leagues for an un-playable country through the Competition Editor would those leagues have dynamic reputation as well (or could it be enabled in the "Nation Rules" for example)?

• SI Staff
Miles,

First of all ... Great news !

I am Frank16 the moderator of the Gameworld.gr forum [football manager section]

You promised us last year that if FM10 sales, here in Greece increased by 2,000 in comparison with those of FM09 then u will add the Greek language in the game.

have we any new about this ?

Thanx and sorry for my english ;)

It didn't get anywhere close to selling what it needed to in Greece for us to look at adding the Greek language.

Great to see dynamic league reputation in and can't wait for FM11 to be released!!! :D Anyway I have a question regarding the dynamic reputation: If I was to create leagues for an un-playable country through the Competition Editor would those leagues have dynamic reputation as well (or could it be enabled in the "Nation Rules" for example)?

I don't see why not - it's not database driven.

I don't see why not - it's not database driven.

Awesome, can't wait to make San Marino the top country in the world! :D

Archived