Football Manager 2011 official announcement

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the agents, i notice there is a relationship that can be struck up........does the relationship you have with an agent influence whether a player will consider signing for you (ie, the agent will try and convince his player?) and does it also mean wage demands/bonus etc will be lower if the agent and you get on well?!

I think this is why no one has answered:
You're eager to find out? Honestly, I couldn't tell. How about they are not answering it yet? As Miles said early on, if its not announced yet they will ignore you. Guess why you are being ignored? Doesn't matter what size, colour or font you use they ain't telling til they are ready.

OK

I didnt pay attention at all. Sorry for that.

Shirt numbers cannot be assigned to players outside of the 25. Ideally we could do with shirt numbers and the 25 man squad being separate, like the Champions League registration.

Ah yes, i've noticed this. My under 21's that play in the prem (but i didn't unclude in the 25 as i didn't need to) do not have numbers.. I did wonder about that..

I have to say that the new announcements have got me interested in FM all over again - I did not buy FM2010.

I was just wondering if you could tell me if the new game will have the option of starting with the World Cup and also whether the German National team license has been sorted.

Will the player interaction become repetitive like the news conferences did or have SI really gone to town as tried its best to prevent this from happening?

Cheers

I am also very exited about all the new features and sure hope that they will work out as intended. However, having read through 407 posts I am somewhat bewildered that nobody has yet expressed his joy about features that will remain in the game. Well, so I will break the ice here and state that I am very much looking forward to reading "that's his first of the season" - so good to be on familiar turf again^^.

Fantastic. I've been a huge advocate for the dynamic league reputation on the wishlist and I think (I hope) that this could add 20-30 years to a game for me. Question: For example, If I get Scotland up to 5star league reputation, does that mean that there is more chance of Scottish wonderkid regens? i.e. can you make a country not only the best league, but the best footballing nation?

Cheers.

Unfortunately I can't see Scotland becomig a top international team, even with the best league. Just look at England. They have had the best league for the last decade but have a pish poor national team. League reputation should have no bearing on the stars produced. Now training facilities should have a better impact than they do currently.

Unfortunately I can't see Scotland becomig a top international team, even with the best league. Just look at England. They have had the best league for the last decade but have a pish poor national team. League reputation should have no bearing on the stars produced. Now training facilities should have a better impact than they do currently.

That's an interesting point actually, if the league reputation rises there's no guarantee that the national team will benefit. Chances are it will result in the league becoming flooded with foreigners.

Sound familiar? ;)

Just a question for the Dynamic League Reputation. Let’s assume that the Dutch Eredivisie becomes the best league in the world, does that mean that the second tier- the Eerste Divisie- will be able to attract a higher calibre of player? It seems a bit silly that you could have the best league in the world, but the second tier being quite poor. The Championship is better than quite a few leagues around the world, mainly due to players wanting to play in the Premier League. I hope this was thought of :).

Just because Sky tell everyone the EPL is the best league doesn't necessarily mean its true.

• SI Staff

From page 4 (will reply to things on page 5 if they need replying too after my next round of interviews...)

Does anyone know why Miles calls it "an emotion engine?" I mean, it's just some new animations for celebrations and shouting at referees.

Maybe there's more than meets than eye?

You need a code engine to drive the choices of emotions used. But it is a bit of fluff statement really - to the user, it's new animations for emotions, but for more than you suggest there!

will it have the option turkis language in fm 2011?????

No - unfortunately the piracy issue in Turkey was just as bad last year, so despite all my pleas, we got nowhere near the target of sales to enable us to do a Turkish language version, which is a real shame. It would only have taken 5% of those who pirated the game to buy it instead, and your wish would be granted, but instead piracy went up.

i've read in one of the Miles' interviews that the next 2-3 weeks are full of important news and announcements: maybe will be also the release date.

It's more like "in 2-3 weeks time", as in there will be more announcements in a few weeks.

- Players' agents : will there be real licensed agent names, agents' companies and their respective lists of players ?

No - all agents will be fictional.

No - all agents will be fictional.

Will the agents be regenerated like supporter spokesmen, or more like journalists? I mean, we don't have the control over supporter spokesmen, but I think it's possible for users to add real journalists in using certain files. Will agents have this possibility?

I am happy with what is in the video announcement, but you probably didn't touch the scouting UI, did you? :(

It is really dumb as it is. I haven't played for quite some time, but off the top of my head I remember - editing the search criteria, switching tasks, no end date shown.

I guess dynamic league reputation will keep me happy enough for now.

will scouts stay where you send them to, instead of arbitrarily ending their search, making you have to resend them again- which gets really boring very quickly?

also, will there be a button to allow you to add someone to your shortlist permanently? Instead of indefinite, which sees them removed about a year later I think.

will scouts stay where you send them to, instead of arbitrarily ending their search, making you have to resend them again- which gets really boring very quickly?

also, will there be a button to allow you to add someone to your shortlist permanently? Instead of indefinite, which sees them removed about a year later I think.

When you click indefinite then they stay permanently IIRC, and when you send scout then they get removed after one year.

• SI Staff
With the agents, i notice there is a relationship that can be struck up........does the relationship you have with an agent influence whether a player will consider signing for you (ie, the agent will try and convince his player?) and does it also mean wage demands/bonus etc will be lower if the agent and you get on well?!

If you have a good relationship, depending on the agents personality and type, they may be more realistic with their requests if you have a good relationship with them.

A great 30th Birthday present would be if you guys could release this on Friday 1st of October, so I can play it all day on my birthday (Saturday 2nd).

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

I can pretty much guarantee that that won't be the release date. Sorry.

Just a question for the Dynamic League Reputation. Let’s assume that the Dutch Eredivisie becomes the best league in the world, does that mean that the second tier- the Eerste Divisie- will be able to attract a higher calibre of player? It seems a bit silly that you could have the best league in the world, but the second tier being quite poor. The Championship is better than quite a few leagues around the world, mainly due to players wanting to play in the Premier League. I hope this was thought of :).

Yes.

Will the agents be regenerated like supporter spokesmen, or more like journalists? I mean, we don't have the control over supporter spokesmen, but I think it's possible for users to add real journalists in using certain files. Will agents have this possibility?

No.

with the emotion engine will this allow certain players such as ronaldo to do little tricks and also will the match engine this year actually make the world class players stand out because in 10 the good players such as ronaldo and messi were only good because of there speed.

*waves hand and jumps up in the air*

Please Sir, Miles Miles, please Miles, pick me, pick me, please sir!

Not really a question about the new version, but I see you seem to know the number of pirated copies in Turkey.

Could you give me a rough idea of how many pirated copies of FM2010 you think there are out there?

The features sound fantastic, especially training.

Now, I know it's only cosmetic, but can we see some improved use of the Facegen technology? The "agent" at the start of the YouTube video looks startlingly young! I wouldn't trust a fresh face like him to get me the best contract deal! :)

But no, I'm not concerned. We're making a simulation. They're making a game. There are big differences.

Best news I have heard from SI in a long time.

The features announced for FM11 are not bad either. How did you manage to work "match preparation" into training? I didn't expect to see that any time soon.

Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson

But no, I'm not concerned. We're making a simulation. They're making a game. There are big differences.

ROFLMAO.

Of course there are differences. FM 2010 is very far from simulation. World class players can, when looking their attributes, play any outfield position on top level.

More than enough to make FM 2010 non simulation. Hopefully FM 2011 fixes this.

A couple of things announced on the podcast thanks to feature roulette. Most were about new things you can do in the data editor but the two interesting ones were that the way it is displayed on who's scored/missed a penalty in a penalty shoot-out will look nicer. Also there will be lots of improvements to the match screen.

Also in the Q&A with Miles, Miles announced that players in FM11 can sack there agents and move to a different agency company.

Sounds good, hopefully more to come soon. :thup:

• SI Staff
Could you give me a rough idea of how many pirated copies of FM2010 you think there are out there?

Millions.

Best news I have heard from SI in a long time.

The features announced for FM11 are not bad either. How did you manage to work "match preparation" into training? I didn't expect to see that any time soon.

It makes sense for it to be part of training, particularly as a large part of it is to help your team get used to the tactics that you might be using in your next match, as well as deciding which areas of your teams play is going to be needed to be worked on for that match.

Just wanna say that my copy is pre-ordered.

Dynamic League Reputation is great.

As a player that plays long games. My Crystal Palace game is now 17 seasons old. I find that the game does lose some personality once many of the players current players retire and there always appears to be a vacuum of talent at about the 12 season in mark. Just wondered if anyone else finds this and if or what could be done to improve this.

Now all of these features are spilling out FM10 is dead to me. Its all about FM11 now.

400 new features.... thats impressive!

And here was me thinking I could hold out until Fm2011 was fully patched!

No chance. This will make/enable me to enjoy and have the ultimate satisfying career in Northern Ireland.

I wonder where Nep will be applying himself come Fm2011? :-P

Just wanna say that my copy is pre-ordered.

Dynamic League Reputation is great.

As a player that plays long games. My Crystal Palace game is now 17 seasons old. I find that the game does lose some personality once many of the players current players retire and there always appears to be a vacuum of talent at about the 12 season in mark. Just wondered if anyone else finds this and if or what could be done to improve this.

Now all of these features are spilling out FM10 is dead to me. Its all about FM11 now.

400 new features.... thats impressive!

I, personally, would love it; absolutely love it if SI get rid of those daft regens! Or at least they should give us an option where we can choose before the start of any game not to have any regens in it.

Players age should stay the same and that’s it! Or at least make them restart their careers all over again as 16-17 years old.

I don’t want any of my favourite players retiring. I buy this game because I want to manage REAL players, not some boring, fake ones.

Archived