Football Manager 2011 official announcement

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dynamic league rep will be wicked.

Finallly new training this I have been looking forward to for years

I hope the media aspect and interaction is going to be as good as they say as it really does suck currently probbaly my most hated feature.

Any news on manger contracts and the international management side of the game ??

Hi again guys! Brilliant to finally hear something on the FM11 front, I was starting to get impatient! Is there any chance you could add a few more skin background colours to the release instead of the retina ruining white and sleep inducing grey? Since it will be a while before there are any skins released.

Also, hate to ask again since I posted this a while ago, but has there been any advancement regarding x64 FM?? :)

Cheers,

Brad :)

OK - have just had some, although it's less than conclusive! In some leagues, it will go up (or down). In others, legal reasons mean it has to be fixed, so those won't move. Bloody lawyers.... Can't even say which leagues it applies to either for the same lawyery reason.

*shakes fist at Lawyers and their lawyery reasons*

Dynamic reputation should certainly make things interesting for managing in smaller nations. :thup:

Not too bothered about agents as I'm more of a 'coach'-style manager/tactician. ;):D I hope it doesn't make that side of the game tedious.

Training sounds very interesting although I didn't get much of a picture of how exactly it is going to work from the video.

Overall, I must say that it all sounds very positive.

Oh My God!! The Dynamic League Reputation has been implement to the game.Miles,I really really want to kiss you.

The best game ever has now the new dynamic face of the football manager world.

After these news,the forthcoming news aren't that important for me.This was the ultimate implement choice I've been waiting so far.

And now after playing approx. 10 hours a day,now i'm not going to sleep.

Thanks a lot Miles.

Cheers.

Finally we might get a couple of weeks peace about FM11 threads. That is until people start making 20 threads a day asking when the demo is out.

Ive just watched the Youtube video and I dont think ive ever been this excited about a FM/CM in all the years ive been playing. They have imlpemented pretty much every feature that I want.

1. Dynamic League Reps - Finally. I just hope it works properly to stop people moaning year after year about it.

2. Improved Training - I like to build up my youngsters and get them into the first team as quickly as possible. Hopefully the improved training will help me to do this even more. Also the team training for new tactics is brilliant. Maybe now it wont take 10 games for a team to get used to a new tactic.

3. Improved Contracts and Agent Interaction - Again something that the game has been crying out for.

4. Improved Board Interaction - Again, maybe the forums will be a bit quieter now people can ask for new stadiums instead of making thread after thread complaining.

I really hope they implement improvements on offering players out on loan. I dont want to sit through 200 offers and cancelling the majority because my player is only going to be a back up player. I want to be able to offer him out only to teams where he will play first team football.

If this is implemented it will be 100% perfect for me.

Well done SI. I cant wait till 'Before Christmas'

One question about Dynamic League Rep.

As the league rep rises up and down will the TV deals fluctuate as well?

This was said earlier:

OK - have just had some, although it's less than conclusive! In some leagues, it will go up (or down). In others, legal reasons mean it has to be fixed, so those won't move. Bloody lawyers.... Can't even say which leagues it applies to either for the same lawyery reason.

I'll join the cheering for dynamic league reputation. Been the main reason I've quit long term games in "lesser" leagues to many times. Can't wait to make Norway the place to be for the Messi's and Ronaldo's of the world :D

This post made my day!!!!

Randomly ran a search on FM2011, and voila!

Like others (a few), I hope the whole agent/private conversation sessions dont become too reptitive... And while we're on the subject, I REALLY hope the press conference feature is improved (less repetitive as well). It certainly has LOTS of potential!

Other than that, I can't wait for Oct / Nov / Dec, whatever it is :p

Also, does the improved ME mean more realistic pass completion and also more realistic possession for AI teams to reflect how they play?

I think that it's still early for the match engine to reflect different styles of football, unfortunately.

Jumping wall and a free kick that goes over the wall and comes back down again. Very nice to see some real world trajectories and will be interested to see how these new physics translate into open play.

What new physics? Was there any talk about new physics?

How long do you define one sitting as?

I'm currently averaging about 18.5 hours a season, although that would be one hefty sitting :D

In my opinion that is way too long, yes it could be done in a week comfortably, but what about network games when we don't have that much time, two game moes would be nice, arcade and simulation.

Would it be too much to ask to get my assisstant manager to earn his keep, shouldn't he sort out training for me, I don't want to fanny around with all that, I also don't like 16 yr old's telling me they wont go to a certain club, They should be lucky I know who they are and they shouldn't disobey their manager, in real life they would be out on their fannys!

Great news. Thanks a lot SI.

Dynamic reputation is awesome. Now I can start managing in less popular countries. :)

New contract negotiation seems promising. So is training section. Match specific training is a great idea.

Looking for more exciting new features.

One request to Sega: Last year retail FM2010 was released in India within few weeks of UK/US release. Kudos to that. Please make that possible this year too! I would love to have a printed manual in my hand.

The legalese around prize money (prize money!) is so annoying. Surely clubs and leagues realise that it is in their best interests that the best-selling football management game simulates their leagues properly. What good does it do to have the prize money hard-coded in for 50 years in the future? It's not like Top League A, one of the best European leagues that has this legal requirement, is going to commercially suffer because some kid drops that league's reputation to nothing in his game that is 100 years in the future. If anything it will make this kid more interested in that Top League A because it is doing so badly compared with now!

/rant

----

Good news, so getting this one now... Might need a new computer though.

I think that it's still early for the match engine to reflect different styles of football, unfortunately.

What new physics? Was there any talk about new physics?

I'm speculating based on the fact every single DFK I've seen go in in FM10 has either curled around the wall or just bypassed it completely due to crap wall positioning (or gone in on that same side because of crap goalkeeping). I've never seen one go over and back down like the one in the video seemed to do. In order to do that the ball physics model would have needed tweaking to create dynamic free kicks or a routine of expanded trajectories introduced.

In other words I could be talking bullocks :D

• SI Staff
So nothing more than the leaked news from 3 weeks ago which was stated some was true and some was false, cant see the false bit.

Anyway let's hope the match engine is not like the one in football manager live, the fans will be leaving the stadium early.

Looks good with whats coming and can only be a improvement, well done SI.

Leaked news falsities - release date, pack shot, agents (not a new feature - have been in the game since 05), weather (has been in the game since 10), some weird search thing. What was right? That there was a game coming out, night matches (which had already been announced for FML, so not a big deal made about it in this announcement), improved training options (although that's not the big part, the match preparation training is).

So I'd say very little of it was accurate, some educated guess work, and some made up. And I know that's the case, coz I know where the leak came from, how it came about, and all the parties responsible, none of whom had info about the game apart from 2 things that I'd told them, but told them the wrong part...

I like the black "Jose and... me" one. :D

Available from www.footballmanager.com

Hi, thx for info about FM 2011. When will preorder on STEAM. Thx and GL.

I don't have a date for that yet - in the next couple of weeks I expect.

the new contracts negotiations are pointless if u can only negotiate with money. and not tell them why u want them to come to the club.otherwise it will just be the same as last time but done in a diffrent way with extra contract clauses in.

I take ages for a season when I do everything. As for training, the fanny of an assistant manager isn't really being a fanny if he doesn't fanny around with the fannyish training. If the manager didn't do training he'd be a bit of a fanny tbh. And a 16 year old wouldn't be a fanny if he didn't just listen to you about where he is going to sign next as it could affect where he lives and his career!?

• SI Staff
The legalese around prize money (prize money!) is so annoying. Surely clubs and leagues realise that it is in their best interests that the best-selling football management game simulates their leagues properly.

They do - from the position that they want everything to be accurate at the time of the license which, in their eyes, is accurate.

One question. Will it be available for digital download thru options other than Steam again this year? Please?

I expect so.

In my opinion that is way too long, yes it could be done in a week comfortably, but what about network games when we don't have that much time, two game moes would be nice, arcade and simulation.!

That's 2 different games, and isn't going to happen. Have you thought of trying Football Manager Live?

Maybe I missed it in the announcement (if it's there) - I don't mean to break the "can't talk about the future" rule, but is there an expectation on when System Requirements/Recommendations will be released? I have to get a new PC soon and it will probably be before the game is out...I want to make sure I do it proper justice with my purchase.

Thanks.

miles does the dynamic league rep mean that european cup places will be gained or lost in the different leagues?

example english teams doing bad in european competitions for years then losing a champions league spot

That should already happen in FM2010.

I'm speculating based on the fact every single DFK I've seen go in in FM10 has either curled around the wall or just bypassed it completely due to crap wall positioning (or gone in on that same side because of crap goalkeeping). I've never seen one go over and back down like the one in the video seemed to do. In order to do that the ball physics model would have needed tweaking to create dynamic free kicks or a routine of expanded trajectories introduced.

In other words I could be talking bullocks :D

Haha, alright, fair enough. :)

Something completely out of the blue, will we see the referees giving proper advantages now or actually use the advantage rule at all?

Also, I am hoping the AI is better, in all levels. I really do.

englandmanager: that's already in the game; it simulates the european coefficients just as they work in real life.

But miles, I have a question related to that; what will the dynamic league reputation be affected by? I can think of a number of possible influences; increased amount of money in the league (see Uzbekistan/Armenia, Russia in the last 5/10 years), increased performance in continental coefficients (so that a rise from say 35th in the european coefficients to 16th would involve a decent rise in league reputation), only affected by continental wins (so that winning the continental competitions affected things but non-winning leagues remained unchanged), affected by high-profile transfers (one big name going to say Croatia opens the floodgates), affected by national team performance, affected by players from a high-rep league moving to a low-rep league (eg in Bulgaria 10 years ago there were no french players, but Cedric Bardon was quite successful at Levski and now it's not at all unusual for players to move to Bulg from France, Holland, Portugal).

So can we have a hint of what factors are likely to affect league rep, however infinitessimally?

Also, it looked from the video as if the reputation screen was one that contained all competitions; international, continental club, league etc. But it seemed as if the premiership was just represented by 'England'. Will it be possible for the reputation of leagues within a country to fluctuate (eg for the Championship rep to increase or decrease while the Premiership's rep remains the same?)

Thanks for any help you can give with this.

Great features! Wow, wasn't really sure if i'd buy the game this year, but this seems really promising. I really like new training, and player interaction, I've been looking for this. Be interesting to see what other features will be announced.

A question that just popped into my head: Will every player have an agent, or only "big"-ish players?

Archived