Football Manager 2011 official announcement

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest markyosullivan

Time to make Ballymoney United (my local football team) the best team in the world thanks to the dynamic leagues. ;)

• SI Staff
Much to look forward to, then - fleshed-out player interaction looks terrific, and there's some nice surprises in there as well.

Nice work on the video too, Miles. :)

Thank you! Although it was mainly SEGA's wonderful video editing teams work - I just spoke to the camera.

can't wait, this year all us Mac users can get it on steam from day 1 and complete the challenges that come with it \o/

Yes.

Incidentally, would "Feature Threads" for discussion on each of the main features announced be okay?

I'd prefer not - let's keep it in here for now, as there's not enough detail given out yet.

I did love the green T-shirt at the start though. And I'm still buzzing about the game :D

The green T-shirt is from http://store.glennz.com/ - loads of great designs there.

Last year we had a series of blog threads (like this) for the new features/improvements. Hopefully we'll get the same again this year.

When the blogs start, that's a very good idea. They won't start for a few weeks though.

on the 5th screenshot, do i spy a house outside the stadium in the top left corner?

[Puts on Hong Kong Phooey voice] Could be [stops doing Hong Kong Phooey voice]

Has the AI improved it's squad management yet? Probably the most frustrating thing about the game is 10 years in when most of your rivals have a lot of old players and no squad structure. Usually results in them having 12 CM's and 2 strikers, all approx 35yrs. It becomes annoying as it lessens the competition and makes the game easier.

Has the AI improved it's squad management yet? Probably the most frustrating thing about the game is 10 years in when most of your rivals have a lot of old players and no squad structure. Usually results in them having 12 CM's and 2 strikers, all approx 35yrs. It becomes annoying as it lessens the competition and makes the game easier.

I'm wondering whether this is down to the mixture of real players and regens. Much further into the future when the game is all regens the squads look a lot more balanced.

Looking through the squads in the Premier League in my game, most squads feature a few teenagers and just a handful of over thirties. Not that there's anything wrong with being in your thirties ;)

A small thing that would be great for those of us who play network games would be the option to have all games in european league to kick off at the same day and time.

That way if we have guys in the Prem League dont have to twiddle their thumbs while the guy in the spanish league plays on the Sunday.

I know unticking the move matches allows the champs league and europa league to all play on a wednesday, but to be able to tick a box for all european league to have same kick off time would be great.

can i just ask when your league finally gets to the top will your tv revenue be upped because if it wasn't you would still strugle to sign big players. otherwise i think the dynamic league reputation would create hours and days of great new challanges. sligo rovers in the champions league final?!?!?

Hi Miles,

I posted this on another thread a couple of weeks back but wondered if you could answer it for me.

Anyone from SI games, will network games be using the same protocols and ports as last year? I work for a UK ISP and it'd be good for us to have our traffic management system identify and prioritise this as a game from launch as it's likely to be quite popular!

Release date: before Xmas?! Oh come! Too much to wait. That sucks largely IMO.

THat's always been SI's default release date, in case some major mishap does not allow them to release it at their usual date of mid- to late October. Closer to the day, they'll announce the actual release day which, according to unsubstantiated and unofficial rumours, is going to be Friday 29th October...

With regards to the dynamic league reputation, does this also apply to continental reputation as well? For example, if I manage a club from Singapore and win the Asian Club tournament and subsequently win the World Club Cup championship, will the Asian continental ranking rise as well? Or does this apply only to European leagues?

So is it possible to bring a top class European player to Asia during his peak playing days?

Thanks!

Its not guaranteed you'll get it on time from Zavvi judging by last year - some people didn't get it for a few weeks, some got it the day before release..

I got it 3 or 4 days after release with Zavvi. But then again I think the game was £17.99 and free delivery, which is pretty much Robbery on my behalf.

So... sorry :rolleyes:

• SI Staff
Just spotted the new and more precise indication of positions on the Afellay screenie. Great too :thup:

M (RLC), AM (RL) indicating the omission of the AMC position as opposed to AM RLC

Nice, isn't it :)

Release date: before Xmas?! Oh come! Too much to wait. That sucks largely IMO.

What Mons said.

Yes! Dynamic league reps. :D :D :D

One question though: Is the ACL (Asian Champions League) Assessment Ranking going to be in the game? Because technically those ACL spots aren't hard coded IRL as they have an assessment every 2 years and updates the number of ACL and AFC Cup spots that each country and league gets.

THat's always been SI's default release date, in case some major mishap does not allow them to release it at their usual date of mid- to late October. Closer to the day, they'll announce the actual release day which, according to unsubstantiated and unofficial rumours, is going to be Friday 29th October...

That explains it. Thanks.

Dynamic league reputation...noooo! Now I won't be able to ever attend my wife, ever again :D

Hey Miles, so FM2011 will be available at release date (when is that again?) for Mac users? So for me in the US it will be available midday?

Wow, so excited. Thank you for all the hard work you guys do, really. Really.

Would be great to understand a bit more about the private conversations as this is what I've been waiting for.

Finally players feeling like real people you can interact with.

Here's hoping 'recommend a scout' is out!

Please note - discussions that aren't about what was announced today, or questions about things that haven't been announced today, will be completely ignored, so it's pointless posting them. Thank you for your understanding.

Are the private conversations dynamic and based on certain situations?

ie if a player 'wants to move to a bigger club' will there be options there that are not apparent for a happy youngster?

I hope something is done about the Job Centre too. Always so frustrating to have to click on each name to find out their skills. Should be an easy way to compare them (and comparing staff like players too for that matter), like have them all listed in a screen with their attributes. Or failing that, at least a comment by the assman or something about who would be best fit for the job.

Also, if you could upload screenshots with a higher resolution that would be great. I tried to zoom in via Firefox, but the text just got very blurry. Would like to see some of the details better :)

Love the features I can see this being the best fm11 yet. With the option of being able to train specific areas i.e shooting will you be told when the player has maxed out his potential at shooting so we could then swap it to off the ball etc or do you have to keep an eye on it yourself and change it as you see fit?

Good news, looking to hear more about other changes not yet announced. Glad to see no wholesale changes to Ter's excellent UI. :) Looks to be some tactical changes too, well from the looks of one screen, eager to read more in the coming weeks.

With the training revamp, is the aim to make it more intuitive and less guess work? From some of the screenshots it looks like training schedules have been removed, do players just get added directly now to each training category and the levels adjusted accordingly?

You should be able to get the game in Australia at the same time as in the UK. The quickest way to get it would be digitally through Steam, as the "midnight UK launch time" ends up being just after midday the day before in Oz...

Actually the day after. ;)

Hello Miles. Congratulations to you and the rest of the team working in this project. I would like to ask about more details regarding the stadiums. Now many models are there? Have you included any real ones? Can we add our own? Is there any opening in European games?

Can we build our own?

But, I have one question.. Has anything been changed for international managements?

This was said earlier:

Please note - discussions that aren't about what was announced today, or questions about things that haven't been announced today, will be completely ignored, so it's pointless posting them. Thank you for your understanding.

So I think we'll just have to wait to find out anything else :)

Archived