Football Manager 2011 official announcement

* Dynamic League Reputation™ sounds interesting, and apparently being three years "in the making", I'm sure it'll provide some goodness for players who play long-term games. However, Miles tends to make it sound as if a) the success of a single club would suddenly give a huge boost to a whole lot of other clubs simply because they are competing in the same competition or rather country - an accomodation made for what is largely being used as a single player game? Didn't happen when Belgrade, Porto or Marseille won the CL. And b) it would be all success on the pitch that would be the single most important factor. Granted, to an extent, it still is of course - you don't see a whole lot of big guns changing to clubs that don't compete on the biggest of stages. However, with Man City or really the Premier League in general being right out of their front door, SI do know about the importance of neverending pockets. Just this season Schalke's Kevin Kuranyi went to mid-table Russian Premier League club Dynamo Moscow, and this despite the fact that he had the prospect of playing CL football with Schalke as well as featuring in a more prolific league and in arguably a more prolific club - a three season deal granting him 18 million Euro in total has proven too much to resist.

Similarly, but much more prominently, Beckham's move to Galaxy wasn't quite as romantic as Miles makes it sound on IGN.

In terms of financial modelling FM still has some way to go anyways - different money laws in different leagues as well as different tax rates of countries, private ownership rules, etc. all play a big part in things. Not all of those are properly incorporated into FM - to an extent each league in FM is the English Premier league with a different coating. Transfer sums tend to be inflated, clubs out of the Prem and England sometimes spend money they'd never spend in real life, etc. Now this all must be tough to implement, and you might be asking where to stop? Aren't tax rates dynamic themselves? Registration laws? Financial climates in general? The fall of the Lex Beckham in Spain or the change in tax in England is surely felt by the corresponding clubs - that is, those that have to worry about their balance in some way or other. Anyway: FM might be a simulation of football, but obviously it's never going to be perfect. But I still think there's room for improvement, and Dynamic League Reputation™ has to take into account that whilst the sports may be played very much on the pitch, there are things going on off the pitch as well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite how Miles may have worded it I doubt that dynamic league reputation in the game will actually go up or down based on one club's fortunes. Just as in real life it will more than likely require two or more clubs CONSISTENTLY performing well on the international stage.

Which brings up a question: for a league's reputation to improve in FM11 do clubs from that league need to actually win it all or can they simply be among the last two or four year in and year out? Say for example 2 or 3 different Portuguese clubs reached the semi-final of the Champions League 6 out of the last 10 years but were champions only once. Would that increase the Portuguese league's reputation-as it would in real life- or in the game would they need to actually win the competition all those times?

As an extention: do different international competitions carry more weight in determining a league's changing reputation? For example, does winning the Champions league 3 times increase a league's reputation more than winning the UEFA Europa cup 6 times? Same for the Libertadores vs Sudamericana.

I'm pretty sure just performing well in a competition will increase league rep. Performing well is relative of course, for a Welsh team you'd say that reaching the group stage of either competition would be a great performance.

Any chance of the English Leagues including the tier below Blue Square North & South "out of the box" this year? (It's only 3 Leagues I think), I really dont want to be faffing about setting up those leagues with the editor.

Also, Staff members who have good relationships with former clubs (maybe where they previously worked or played as players) should, I think, have enhanced knowledge of those clubs through their "contacts". This would mean that all those lower rep scouts with their samey knowledge of particular countries would be spiced up by having a dynamic knowledge of one or two specific clubs. eg If Claus Jorgenson were signed as a scout for a Scandinavian club he would come with detailed, though not comprehensive, knowledge of Bournemouth & Bradford's playing staff.

Any chance of the English Leagues including the tier below Blue Square North & South "out of the box" this year? (It's only 3 Leagues I think), I really dont want to be faffing about setting up those leagues with the editor.

I think they've said before that it's too much research to be done accurately and would only cater for a very small section of customers, so it's unlikely to be included.

It would also be much better if we had A Detailed Training Feedback System.. For ex i want to see who's striving more to be lined up at the first 11.. The greeen arrows, or morale neither general attributes is not enough for deciding who will play for the next match.. We should be able to see whos working harder, whos not, who's just relying on his reputation, who's showing signs of performance explosion would help managers deciding who'll play.. It would especially work best if you have 2 similar Midfielders but cant decide who deserves to play.. Also it would make sense when the player is unhappy about not being selected for regular first team, and your reply " prove that you deserve to play regular!!" With detailed feedback system we would watchout those players how they perform in training..

I really dont want to confine with seing my striker's green arrow, my asistant saying my 18 year old GK trained well that month. I wouldn't select my youth GK for the comin match just for that, maybe i would if i knew how many shots he saved that week, and how my reserve stirker strived to find the net forcing me to replace my first choice..

one question I woulld really love to know is that when you dont enter a young home grown player in you 25 man sqaud will you be able to give them a shirt number in 2011 because I recall in 2010 you could not so I had jack wilshere plying with no shirt number which really really annoyed me.

one question I woulld really love to know is that when you dont enter a young home grown player in you 25 man sqaud will you be able to give them a shirt number in 2011 because I recall in 2010 you could not so I had jack wilshere plying with no shirt number which really really annoyed me.

I think it will be sorted out for FM11.

I think they've said before that it's too much research to be done accurately and would only cater for a very small section of customers, so it's unlikely to be included.

I think you are right in that it wont happen but I disagree regarding how many would be interested - LLM is so popular nowadays. To me those extra 3 leagues would be a very important branch down the pyramid. More important to the consumer than the Nepal Premier League!

I take it that we will be stuck with agents even in the depths of Non-League?

Will semi-pro players send their agents to negotiate an extra fiver a week? :p

Is there going to be any way of turning them off?

Miles has said that some players choose not to have agents, so I assume most non-league player won't have agents.

Despite how Miles may have worded it I doubt that dynamic league reputation in the game will actually go up or down based on one club's fortunes. Just as in real life it will more than likely require two or more clubs CONSISTENTLY performing well on the international stage.

Which brings up a question: for a league's reputation to improve in FM11 do clubs from that league need to actually win it all or can they simply be among the last two or four year in and year out? Say for example 2 or 3 different Portuguese clubs reached the semi-final of the Champions League 6 out of the last 10 years but were champions only once. Would that increase the Portuguese league's reputation-as it would in real life- or in the game would they need to actually win the competition all those times?

As an extention: do different international competitions carry more weight in determining a league's changing reputation? For example, does winning the Champions league 3 times increase a league's reputation more than winning the UEFA Europa cup 6 times? Same for the Libertadores vs Sudamericana.

I think it will depend more on coeficienties then how far a club gets. If you take one club from Bulgaria and win the Champions League, Bulgarian coeficienties will go up which also means their league rep will go up. If they make it to the round of 16, their coeficienties will still go up but just less, meaning their rep will go up less. I hope I'm right.

can we get a list of leagues that wont get the extra money from the dynamic reputaion system?

Well since its based on licensing issues, I would assume these are the Portuguese leagues, Belgien, Scottish, Dutch and any other licensed leagues in the game.

Well since its based on licensing issues, I would assume these are the Portuguese leagues, Belgien, Scottish, Dutch and any other licensed leagues in the game.

I think it would be licensed big leagues. I don't think a small league will mind, as they can only improve in the game.

Do we know if agents will offer us players from other clubs ala real life? I'd love to see this in game, i'm pretty sure it was in a previous game.

It'd be also cool if we could "tap" players up to sound them out about joining before we actually approach the club.

I think it will depend more on coeficienties then how far a club gets. If you take one club from Bulgaria and win the Champions League, Bulgarian coeficienties will go up which also means their league rep will go up. If they make it to the round of 16, their coeficienties will still go up but just less, meaning their rep will go up less. I hope I'm right.

I've just listened a bit to what must be the first ever FM podcast that made it on my disc. Here Miles wasn't talking about the feature as he was in the previews, but expanded a bit on that. It's not so much a case of a single club doing well apparently, but also clubs around it doing well too. My point about money in football still stands though. Naturally, for higher profile leagues (and clubs) it is easier to attract top talent - that is, they don't have to offer insane amounts of money (see Beckham-Galaxy or any Dubai deal) to get them there. However, the playing field is hugely different from the get-go, and I'm not even talking TV revenue or sponsorship deals here. La Liga were almost given a wild card with the Lex Beckham, for instance, and anybody believing that so many premium players moved there simply because La Liga is that class must believe in Santa too.

Then there's also very much a cultural thing going on - players from Brazil moving to the Norwegian Tippeligaen ? Sure, why not - though it's always going to be the odd choice against all the others. Similarily, there are cultural as well as language reasons why there are so many players from South America playing in Portugal, Spain, etc. or players from Switzerland, Netherlands and Austria in Germany. As for players being attracted to a club (or not) in general, it's still a case by case basis, which is one of the reason why trying to simulate that in a game is so difficult. No amount of different "player personality models" will make up for that, however, as in FM's case, it can surely refine simulating transfer behavior. Haven't heard talking the lads of SI much about any of these, so I can only assume that it's not going to be THAT refined just yet. However, strictly speaking, this doesn't belong to the topic of league reputation.

Do we know if agents will offer us players from other clubs ala real life? I'd love to see this in game, i'm pretty sure it was in a previous game.

Miles said it was actually still in the game. Haven't seen it myself for some years though.

Miles said it was actually still in the game. Haven't seen it myself for some years though.

I've had other clubs offer me lame players they don't want, but i've never had the agent of a player come to me offerring any players.

I've just listened a bit to what must be the first ever FM podcast that made it on my disc. Here Miles wasn't talking about the feature as he was in the previews, but expanded a bit on that. It's not so much a case of a single club doing well apparently, but also clubs around it doing well too. My point about money in football still stands though. Naturally, for higher profile leagues (and clubs) it is easier to attract top talent - that is, they don't have to offer insane amounts of money (see Beckham-Galaxy or any Dubai deal) to get them there. However, the playing field is hugely different from the get-go, and I'm not even talking TV revenue or sponsorship deals here. La Liga were almost given a wild card with the Lex Beckham, for instance, and anybody believing that so many premium players moved there simply because La Liga is that class must believe in Santa too.

So what you're saying is all of the nations clubs in the EU competition will need to do well? What would be considered well? I mean, clubs from Bulgaria wouldn't need to get to the semi finals to have their league rep improve. Simply getting all of their clubs into the round of 16 would be a huge success. That success, although small on a European scale, would be tremendeous for Bulgarian football.

Quote Originally Posted by Liniert View Post

can we get a list of leagues that wont get the extra money from the dynamic reputaion system?

No, for lawyerese reasons.

The worst part about this though is we'll get to see this infomation when the game is released. It's not something that should be protected under Data Protection Acts etc and the info should just be released

Quote Originally Posted by Liniert View Post

No, for lawyerese reasons.

The worst part about this though is we'll get to see this infomation when the game is released. It's not something that should be protected under Data Protection Acts etc and the info should just be released

No. You cant see it yet because they are still working behind the scenes with lawyers to see which leagues they can and cant change prize money for. They cant put up a list now of all the leagues that THEY want to have dynamic prize money when buy the time the game is released, lawyers have put a block on some of them. When SI know which leagues they are allowed to touch, we will know.

I think it would be cool if we had the oportunity to build up relationships with the agents ( either good or bad) If they could recognise managers from previous transfers they would know which ones are their permanent customers or not.. Besides their recognition of managers and offering players to them, managers should also be able to contact the agents they know and trust.. then would say " I need A tough ball winning midfielder, would you advice me any of your clients?" the rest of the story is predictable i suppose..

I wonder if the new training will bring back the defensive shape option. Not sure how many people remember it but i used to love the fact that you could choose and area of the pitch where the ball is and you could choose your players positions.

I think that's a realistic training drill and it was removed when the new tactics screen came in if i remember.

I'm not sure that defensive shape training is represented brilliantly in FM10 and i'm hoping that might be something that is brought back in the new training.

Also not sure if this is possible, but i'd like to start as a youth team manager or even England U19/U21's from the start. Is that possible?

Out of intreest i have recently started to get interested in adding facepacks and logo packs to my FM10 game, will the packs be transferrable to FM11?

Yes most will work on FM, some wont though as some players (not very many) have been deleted and then put back into the game for various reasons.

Ely-matty

Thanks for telling us. :thup:

I'd love to know if the new Reserve League system will be implemented? http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2092258,00.html

Don't see why they wouldn't have it in their, unless the EPL have only just decided and its too late. However I doubt even the EPL are that incompetent that they would only just decide this now, chances are it was decided last season.

One thing i would like to see (and sorry if it has been discussed already) is job interviews. An example being you apply for the Manchester United job and the Chairman calls you in for an interview before deciding who he will choose to take the club forward. In football manager currently it seems that the manager reputation is the only thing that is considered and while that is realistic, other factors are also taken into consideration also.

I am loving the new features though and would like to thank Miles Jacobson and the team for their continued hard work that is put into this very addicting fantastic football gaming series.

Archived