Becoming friends with Managers in leagues above you

• 2 years later...

I would love 'friends' from higher leagues to drop you a message such as 'Joe Bloggs has just been released by us but I am convinced he could do a job for you. Would you like me to talk to the player' a couple of days later you get the message 'I had a chat with Joe Bloggs, at first he as reluctant, but I have convinced him that first team footbaall is key to his development now' at which point you can offer a contract.

This would serve a dual purpose, first of all the higher league manager/assistant/coach would act as a scout for you, secondly he could concince a play with 'slight interest' to become very interested etc.

I would love 'friends' from higher leagues to drop you a message such as 'Joe Bloggs has just been released by us but I am convinced he could do a job for you. Would you like me to talk to the player' a couple of days later you get the message 'I had a chat with Joe Bloggs, at first he as reluctant, but I have convinced him that first team footbaall is key to his development now' at which point you can offer a contract.

This would serve a dual purpose, first of all the higher league manager/assistant/coach would act as a scout for you, secondly he could concince a play with 'slight interest' to become very interested etc.

This would be cool as long as it wasn't overdone. This kind of thing is how we ended up with the mighty Jody Morris at St. Johnstone whilst in SFL 1

Archived