Mr Hough 4-1-2-1-2 Tactic 10.3

Hi

wow 1. post ;)

since i found your 4-1-2-3 tactic i´m a great fan of your tactics but i must admit that this tactic is somehow creepy... it is extreamly offensive while not really creating goals due to it but conseeding alot on the other hand.

i tweeked your 4-1-2-3 into a 4-1-2-1-2 and kept your superior "nike-defense" while scoring alot of goals without conseeding that much (within 4 holiday moded seasons i scored 15(71&74 vs 77&83)goals less than you but conseeded 41 goals less(28&21 vs 39&51) too....

maybe you´ll take a look at it

http://www.filefront.com/17152606/Bielefeld-4-1-2-1-2.tac/

PS:

if you change the AMC into an inside foward with less creativity he turns into a goalscoring maniac increasing his value tremendously(if you want to sell him :p)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying this tactic out with Benfica, 2nd season. Seen as i was doing very poor but until i started using it these are the results;

5-1 - Mafra(Portugal Cup)

6-1 - A.C Milan(CL, yes i won!)

0-1 - Nacional Da Madeira, only loss.

4-0 - Vit. Guimares

3-3 - A.C Milan

So far so good, hope i can climb the league table, Dentinho has been class as a Striker instead of being on the wing. Nice tactic you got here Mr. Hough and i thank you. :)

played a few games in the russian first division with this.. my team Zhemchuzhina were top before i changed to this tactic. we won a couple and lost a couple, doesn't seem like a great plug and play tactic. maybe it works better with top teams though

played a few games in the russian first division with this.. my team Zhemchuzhina were top before i changed to this tactic. we won a couple and lost a couple, doesn't seem like a great plug and play tactic. maybe it works better with top teams though

It's not a 'Plug and Play' Tactic thats why. You can't expect to have great success without getting in the right players having good team talks training all these things out and are a MUST if you want to reach potential with any tactic.

Lets make one together :D

(your inbox is full, get on msn :D )

that would make this forum frantic with anticipation.

Yes Please. Do announce soon that TBH and Mr H are working on a winger tactic together.

I;m sure with those 2 tactical brains working on a winger tactic, Wide play winger tactics can finally have a foothold on FM2010!

Great tactic once I modified it, I moved the two MC's to the MR & ML positions. In some cases I would select "use target man" and other times not.

I would suggest using the way I modded it for lower league teams that arent good as it was used with success at Limerick FC and currently with Blackpool

THIS IS A COPY AND PASTE OF WHAT I WROTE IN MR HOUGHS OTHER THREAD:

Simply incredible! Everyone is asking for the new 4-1-2-1-2 from Mr Hough but what about tweaking the existing one, it's amazing!

This is my first season in the Premier League so far with it playing as Oxford, with an average squad at best.

The tactic: http://www.mediafire.com/?8uxjkf2kph2ys7n

Cool, glad the changes/tweaks I posted about might have worked for other people. It's really all small changes from the original Mr. Hough 4-1-2-1-2. Going to try the new 4-1-2-1-2 and see how it works out. Peace

can anyone recommend me...which 41212 tactic should i use...i mean...with no defense problem and have good attack...i have seen several tweak version from mr h tactics...but which of them is really good...cause im in my fifth season...and it seems impossible to score a goal...coz AI played defensively and quiet robust...

try dave byrd tweaked 41212 tactics. it is very good in defence. In 30 games i conceded only 11 goals, didn't lose yet. Attack is also great.

I've had luck with this approach. I believe that Dave used most/all the tweaks I'd posted (and many thanks to him for uploading this tactic). Dave, did you find any changes to my suggestions helpful?

With regard to making changes to the tactics, I would encourage this, especially for the strikers. Just remember that one has to change the actual sliders, as changing the "role" will do nothing as the settings are all customized. For example, if you have a striker who is fast, has great dribbling, not as strong passing and creativity, one might change the left striker tactics from a trequarista type role, to a role with more run with ball, less creativity, less through balls, and more short passing. That's just one (incomplete) example. In general, I find the mids, and especially the defense and DM to be pretty set, so change these with care. (And, it is the success of these positions that is fully a result of Mr. Hough's work).

I'm trying out the dave byrd tweaked 41212 tactics after some largely unsuccessful own experiments with the 41212 formation. There's one question though: what player attributes are important for each position? I'm trying to bring some success to Portsmouth after their promotion from League 1! Not easy! Are they the same than those in Mr Hough's opening post? Thanks! ;)

Also, do you use any specific opposition instructions? I usually ask my assistant and do what he says.

Been using this tactic with AFC Wimbledon and think it's taken them just about as far as they can go.

Got promoted through the play-offs from the BSP, won league two the following season, then won league one the season after that.

Now in my 2nd season in the Championship and, just as in the 1st season, am spending it flirting with relegation.

I'm rarely ever the better team any more and even when I am, my players seem to miss bundles of chances then concede at the first chance they get. The only wins I get are when I get lucky with the other side being wasteful and my strikers scoring on the counter.

I was expecting the Championship to be tough of course, but after dominating every home game in league one and losing just one of them, I didn't expect to be getting turned over this much in the next league.

I must say that this tactic (dave byrd tweaked 41212) has done wonders to my Portsmouth team in the Championship: won the league with 109 points! When I took charge of the club, I could not have any big signings, I could afford mostly youngsters and ageing players on free, including Frank Lampard (my captain). We were predicted 22nd place but thanks to this tactic it was a very good season for us. By the way, I used Wolfsongs teamtalk guide for team talk and no opposition instructions. Thanks for making this tactic and tweaking it! :)

I must say that this tactic (dave byrd tweaked 41212) has done wonders to my Portsmouth team in the Championship: won the league with 109 points! When I took charge of the club, I could not have any big signings, I could afford mostly youngsters and ageing players on free, including Frank Lampard (my captain). We were predicted 22nd place but thanks to this tactic it was a very good season for us. By the way, I used Wolfsongs teamtalk guide for team talk and no opposition instructions. Thanks for making this tactic and tweaking it! :)

yes it's a great tactic. My team is Bath. I took them from BSS to Premier league. I also use Wolfsongs team talks and no opposition instructions. When facing strong opposition, I sometimes change strategy from control to counter though.

what kind of players are required?

My full-backs seem to be having low rating all the time.

I try to buy best fullbacks I can afford. I think they are very important in such formation. Also I make sure I have enough backup for these positions, because they cover a lot of area and gets tired.

I look at these attributes: marking, tackling, positioning, acceleration, pace, stamina, crossing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived