England - The Road to 2012 (now featuring Wayne Rooney) but not his touch

jmr

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is nothing to explain. It is just a poor excuse trying to cover up his dislike for the national team. Nothing wrong with that, but why create some lame ass explaination. My favourite though is 'the media, they are so biased, I simply can't support the national team now'

These people need to read the newspapers from other countries. It's really not odd that the media bigs up it's own side or sides in the CL, for instance yet only in England we seem to have issue with the main TV stations focussing on the England training camp and news rather than detailed pre-game analysis of Paraguay vs Slovenia

I bet in Italy and Spain they won't shut up about Paraguay and Slovenia, probably don't even tell you any news at all from the Italian camp during a tournament ;)

Lampard could be forced out now too - pulled up in training and will have to have a scan :thdn:

Good, less likely to have him pair up with Gerrard then and ruin yet another tournament, not saying that's the only problem though.

Think I'd even have Rodwell or Osman over Gerrard. I was roaring with laughter when Gerrard was getting booed the other night and ****ing up as a result.

Should've taken James Perch, really. Can play anywhere

Its Roy's own fault for not naming a bigger provisional squad, no need for a backup list. Name 35 players and have them all training together.

No one gets the hump for not getting picked or being asked to be on a back up list.

I can totally understand why the likes of Carrick and Richards didn't want to be in the back ups, they have had a long hard season and would much rather spend some time with friends and family on holiday than stay in England waiting for the off chance of a call up.

But name all the players you would like to use, in the squad or not and then everyone is happy. Until the final squad is announced of course.

The real funny thing is Carrick and Richards should have been first choice anyway. Barry and Parker over Carrick is mad, but Johnson and Jones over Richards is insane.

I hope Parker pulls up next, Jordan Henderson in midfield for England, ha.

Should just call up as many Liverpool players as possible, as England will most likely perform to their standards anyway.

2 totally different players.

Your right and they would most likely work well together. But since Gerrard has to play, it would be one or the other. I would have chose Carrick.

England need to be keeping the ball, with the occasional forward pass in there. Carrick is the best English player at this.

Carrick's people had apparenty made this known in January so it's nothing to do with Roy picking a provisional squad. If people drop out after the squad is announced you can call anyone you like up, the provisional squad I assume is as much to inform players they are on stand by rather than making every player from your country on stand by. Providing it's a new injury and not existing you should be able to replace someone.

Carrick wasn't happy he didn't get used in South Africa. Boo freaking hoo, you're nowhere near good enough to be pulling the 'I want to start' stunt so we'll file you in amongst Ben Foster and Paul Robinson and forget about you

i'm sure one of us has the exact time of his scan!

It might have been reported somewhere, or on Twitter or something. ffs.

Someone got out of bed on the wrong side. Or else standard pre-tournament tetchiness ;)

Prepare to be underwhelmed people :D

I am concerned about this thinking of 'we are so bad and under prepared we might actually be good' which is upside down! We are more than capable of getting between 4-6 points here and probably by not playing particularly attractive football but we haven't done that at a tournament for a bit anyway.

It's almost like everyone is enjoying this underdog status a bit much and now secretly thinks we'll do ok :D

I am concerned about this thinking of 'we are so bad and under prepared we might actually be good' which is upside down! We are more than capable of getting between 4-6 points here and probably by not playing particularly attractive football but we haven't done that at a tournament for a bit anyway.

It's almost like everyone is enjoying this underdog status a bit much and now secretly thinks we'll do ok :D

Even Gerrard was talking about the lack of hype this year. Saying how much he prefers it like this. So going to backfire

I'm normally quite optimistic but I reckon we'll go out in the group stages. A solid beating from France and I can't see us coming back.

Yeah its almost like the players are jinxing themselves thinking that way! I'm not looking forward to it. :(

The Euros are often wide open though, more so that the World Cup. Nobody would have really fancied Turkey to make the last four in 2008, let alone Greece winning the whole thing. Any two out the four can get through the group I reckon, there isn't really an obvious favourite. After that you are only one good performance away from the semis.

To be honest I'm more bothered about how we play rather than where we get to. But I'm daring to dream, as Peter Ridsdale might say. Just put £75 deposit down on a trip to the quarter final, and it's non-refundable if we don't get through :(

Archived