Sports Interactive Community
jmr

England - The Road to 2012 (now featuring Wayne Rooney) but not his touch

Ashley young needs to get closer to milner and barry, practically laying alongside Carrol atm.

Started 31 league games. Yes he is.

No, the Premier League isn't arguably the best league in the world in any way shape or form.

Dont say 'their', dont have to be english to be on this thread

Don't be an idiot. It's an England national team discussion thread. Don't make something where there is nothing.

No, the Premier League isn't arguably the best league in the world in any way shape or form.

It is arguably the best league in the world because I can argue it.

This is pathetic. I expect some attacks at the very least. Or just some possession.

It is arguably the best league in the world because I can argue it.

Just like the Estonian league is arguably the best league in the world because I can? Arguably means you can make a reasonable defence of your stance, you can't do that to say La Liga is worse than the Premier League, it just isn't.

Just like the Estonian league is arguably the best league in the world because I can? Arguably means you can make a reasonable defence of your stance, you can't do that to say La Liga is worse than the Premier League, it just isn't.

It is arguable either way tbh.

Don't be an idiot. It's an England national team discussion thread. Don't make something where there is nothing.

Better watch out for the forum admins using word like 'idiot'! Expect a patronising email coming your way soon

Man City are not my national champions, I am here to discuss the england national team, doesn't mean I am English, though I didn't intend to 'make something'

Bravo, you guys are beating Norway, Euro winners here.

I can't see the game, would I be right presuming it's like the following?

"Jagielka, he lumps the ball up field for Andy Carroll." .etc

Yes, just like the Estonian league is arguably the best league in the world because you can.

And yes I can.

Well ... typical friendly match, isn't it -- hard to see anything new from Hodgson ... except the obligatory 442.

Better watch out for the forum admins using word like 'idiot'! Expect a patronising email coming your way soon

Man City are not my national champions, I am here to discuss the england national team, doesn't mean I am English, though I didn't intend to 'make something'

But you already have done by telling someone not to use that phrase.

I can't see the game, would I be right presuming it's like the following?

"Jagielka, he lumps the ball up field for Andy Carroll." .etc

Not happened as much as you'd think. Then again it's not exactly easy to launch it up to the big man when the biggest man on the pitch is in the middle of the opposition defence.

A league where four or five teams could win it as opposed to a league with only two real challengers?

I know which one I'd rather watch...

More like a team where only 2 can win it and one which is heading that way.

And I know which I'd rather see too:

The Bundesliga.

But you already have done by telling someone not to use that phrase.

No i intended to 'end' something, end people calling everybody english.

anyhow, back to the game

isn't it great? Glad to see the Ox given a run-out

Stamina? England has just finished their season, Norway has just started theirs.

Just like Spain only beat the mighty Serbia? Or the Netherlands losing at home to Bulgaria? Or Germany dying on it's arse against Switzerland?

Not happened as much as you'd think. Then again it's not exactly easy to launch it up to the big man when the biggest man on the pitch is in the middle of the opposition defence.

Heh

Reminds me of Pim Verbeek's Australia, pumping it up field works alright when your players are 20cm taller than the defenders in Asia, doesn't work as well against Germany or Serbia.

Technically if are to give the armband to the most capped player out there then it should of gone to Downing not Lescott :eek: Imagine that

Got to start Ox as a central midfielder at the Championships. Even in the brief moments he has been on, just looks so comfortable on the ball.

And now we bring on a winger who should be going for a winger who shouldn't be going.

We've not been pumping it to Carroll as much as I thought we would tbh.

We probably would if we could get some of the ball though.

European coefficients?

This has been shocking from England this half

but I don't really believe it gives any indication at all of how things will go against france.

My prediction is they will draw with france and sweden then hammer ukraine

not been great by any means, and they certainly need to work on ball retention, but i dont actually recall norway having a decent attempt on goal, all been long shots straight at the keeper i think

European coefficients?

Yes, we're relying on points from the 2007/2008 season to keep us ahead, unfortunately the Premier League isn't the same as it was 5 years ago, our best player now plays in La Liga for instance. This season they beat us by 6 clear points.

that gazza slide going in :*(

Pretty rubbish after the first 15 mins. expected no different though. Nobody really stood out from the starters, thought Henderson did himself no harm when he came on though.

famous win, obv.

Came in to say this :D

Good to see his jolly face on TV again.

'London United' then eh? Don't think I've ever felt as un-interested in the national side in the run up to a major tournament. Surely I'm not alone in feeling this way?

LONDON UNITED?

Green, Jones, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines, Parker, Gerrard, Young, Milner, Downing, Carroll.

West Ham, Man U, Man C, Everton x2, Spurs, Liverpool, Man U, Man C, Liverpool x2.

London United indeed.