Using more than one formation.

Does it hurt your team to keep switching between formations?

I have a great asymmetrical 4-3-2-1which is superb defensively but would rather play an extra forward against weaker opponents.

This is also for squad balancing reasons as its hard to keep Van Persie, Chamakh, Bentner, Eduardo & Vela all happy playing one up front all the time.

Im sure that it doesn't to do so against weaker opposition as they will probably play more defensively so that extra attacker may help put more pressure on your opponent. You try it out and see if changing things up will have any positive or negative effects on your team.

Whether it is a myth or not, it does say in the in-game help/tips that making too many radical tactical changes will hurt the performance of the team. But I don't think that if you use a 4-4-2 for home games and a 4-5-1 for away will be a problem for the team. I think it is more that if you f.x. use 7-8 different tactics during each season, that might have an effect.

Whether it is a myth or not, it does say in the in-game help/tips that making too many radical tactical changes will hurt the performance of the team. But I don't think that if you use a 4-4-2 for home games and a 4-5-1 for away will be a problem for the team. I think it is more that if you f.x. use 7-8 different tactics during each season, that might have an effect.

it have been suggested that high team rotation effects squad gelling, but it might be myth to, just won an other league title and domestic cup in comfortable manner with my AS Roma team, using some 35 players on rotation and about 9 different formations

Archived