One of the worst wcs ever?

chopra_hill

What's most surprising is the media seemed to react surprised that we didn't get a final of free-flowing football. Who would have thought, so much at stake and the final didn't live up to expectations. Usually the more at stake the more free flowing the game, eh- idiots

Also, Oh, you know what, maybe having a league with so many foreigners in it isn't that great after all ... some writers have cottoned on, "look at Spain ... all in La Liga, Germany ... all in Bundesliga ... well, I never, that's made me think a bit"

Don't all the English internationals play in England as well? That foreigner nonsense only really makes sense when you are talking about young players not developing. England have a squad of players who, for the most part, are playing for the biggest teams in England and also play against some of the best players in the world week in, week out.

So the Germans all play for FC Bayern, Werder Bremen, Stuttgart and so on. The English all play for Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and so on.

The problems, in my opinion, is not with the players but with the whole structure from youth teams and up, as discussed on here time and time again. England might have had the highest average age at the WC (iirc?) but that also means they are using players with great experience and who should be in the prime of their footballing career. Their inability to play like Spain, Germany or any other team isn't down to foreigners in the league, that simply doesn't fly in my opinion.

Well, yes, it's the fact they have so many to choose from instead of players that are on/off the bench a la Heskey, SWP, etc ... there is a lack of options in the English leagues. Less than 40% players in Premier League are English, a league that was formed with a nod to 'it'll help the national side' as the FA stupidly handed all their power over the game away. Idiots.

We should stop this comparison with playing like Spain right off the bat, no one really plays like Spain and out of everyone we're one of the least likely. Not everyone has to play like Spain to 'play well' and even Spain didn't play like Spain a few tournaments ago. Germany didn't play like this 7 or 8 years ago either, shows how quickly you can change things really doesn't it if you give a feck about developing Youth.

Of course that that group of player should have performed better, that has been done to death. They are not a team, they don't seem they like each other or enjoy spending time together ("I'm bored" [/5 year olds] we are developing decent Youth but there are no opportunities. We snap up the best of the best from the 2nd tier of leagues around the world leaving their leagues to be a breeding ground for their national talent whilst their top talent improves with the experience of playing against the best of the best from all over the world (that bit is the Prem) ... I think I'd rather be the feeder league tbh

It was the best for me purely because that's the most I have ever watched a World Cup. There were a lot of good games that people seem to have missed out, whether they saw them or not. Enjoyed the obvious Germany v Australia, and against Argentina, enjoyed the final and the Uruguay semi, Slovakia v Italy was a great game and Algeria v Slovenia had a fan climbing the floodlight with armed guards waiting for him :D

Archived