Who ****ed in Mark Lawewnson's coffee?

never watched Match of the Day, so haven't heard the guy co commentating during a match before, but **** me, has he got an axe to grind with everyone and everything!

not a single game has went by that he's not sat next to the commentator and been negative from start to finish. He doesn't sound like he's remotely interested in what he's doing nor do i get the impression that he particularly wants to be in SA covering this tournament.

Is he always this miserable?

ok i accept i arsed up there, but Christ on a bike, people are banging on like you can only be interested in football if you watch MOTD and the likes. i'm sure I'm not the only Scot who has no interest in watching MOTD.

I dont watch MOTD highlights either these days, but surely at some point you must've watched a live game and heard him?

Nope. Barring the Euro's and WC, the only English (domestic or International) games I've watched in the last 10 years have been on Sky whilst sitting in a pub. the only games I watch involving English teams are the CL games on ITV.

BBC wise, i only ever watch Sportscene which i'll go out on a limb here and say is the Scottish equivalent of MOTD. Can't recall hearing him at the Euro's, but that might just be down to me not remembering stuff from 2 weeks ago never mind 2 years ago.

He's a class A *****. Moaning, whining douche bag. How can one man be so annoyed and angry about football? He's clueless as well. Last night his co commentator said something like "Capdevilla, the odd one out in the Spain team tonight, only player to not be playing for Barca or Real" Lawrenson straight away and in the most depressing voice he could said "He's the only one that's not very good either"

Idiot.

My favourite bit of pathetic commentary featuring Mark Lawrenson.

It's Wembley. It's England vs Croatia. England are losing 3-2, not even looking like equalising and staring defeat and elimination from the Euro 2008 qualifiers in the face. After 30 seconds of silence:

John Motson: Say something Mark.

Mark Lawrenson: I caaaan't.

Brilliant commentary.

My favourite bit of pathetic commentary featuring Mark Lawrenson.

It's Wembley. It's England vs Croatia. England are losing 3-2, not even looking like equalising and staring defeat and elimination from the Euro 2008 qualifiers in the face. After 30 seconds of silence:

John Motson: Say something Mark.

Mark Lawrenson: I caaaan't.

Brilliant commentary.

Lol! i dont remember that but wish i did!

Lol! i dont remember that but wish i did!

It's up there with his description of Paul Robinson when he played in the yellow goalkeeper kit for England.

ML: "He looks like a big yellow banana" (in a very camp voice. Which is just his voice of course).

• Administrators

He was diabolical last night, kept moaning about the referee rightly calling fouls for tackles from behind and then said about Spain's goal "ironic that they score from a corner". Now totally ignoring that he doesn't appear to know what irony is, the suggestion that Spain shouldn't be scoring from a corner because they play attractive football is preposterous.

Thought it was quite funny when he asked Mowbray what was wrong with a tackle and was greeted with a silent response, before this exchange:

ML: "You're supposed to say nothing."

GM: "I am saying nothing."

There's been some top analysis of the terrible World Cup coverage, to which Iain Macintosh added to yesterday.

ML: Are you alright

GM: I'm perfectly fine

Or something along those lines last night. It seemed like GM was getting annoyed at something and the way he said i'm fine came across as him being pretty annoyed, can only assume it was something to do with Lawro

ok i accept i arsed up there, but Christ on a bike, people are banging on like you can only be interested in football if you watch MOTD and the likes. i'm sure I'm not the only Scot who has no interest in watching MOTD.

Considering MOTD is populated seemingly entirely by Scottish people....:D

I don't mind him that much, better than listning to Motson blathering on.

Just seen a decent joke, have no idea where else to post it so it's going here:

The Nigerian goalkeeper has told all his countries fans who traveled to South Africa that he will re-fund them their travel costs, all he needs is their sort code, account number and mothers maiden name..........

Speaking of scams: I received this email today.

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d058ca794-7caf-413a-a1b9-eecc2167242e.jpg%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3daW1nMS5qcGc_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a00B8CEF1CAF0%25240296DCD7%25240100007f%2540hiwplquxwienlwd&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.220&d=d321&mf=0&a=01_444b5d93eb4922424ef981101c12e5be3a8ca1975e4d6692e4ba20ac699e89c7

FIFA Building

20 Michel Street

Cape Town

Western Cape

South Africa

Congratulations

Attn: Email User!!

This is to notify you that this e-mail address was automatically generated during the FIFA World Cup 2010 kick off on Friday 11 June 2010 in South Africa for Asia, Antarctica, Africa, Europe, Australia and Oceania, North and South America selection Draw and has won the Cheque of $2,220,000.00 (Two Million Two Hundred And Twenty thousand dollars only). This is a Scientific Computer Game in which your Email Address was used. It is a Promotional Program by FIFA ONLINE PROMOTION and is hosted by FIFA for the upcoming World cup soccer games in South Africa.

Kindly send us the requested details below and forward them to Dr. Mogale for immediate process of your claim; Remember to quote the ref and batch below for verification by the company. The cheque will be send to within 72hrs after confirming your winning details.

REF: PP-21180-ES

BATCH: PP-245-44

you should include Your

Name:

Address:

Sex:

Nationality:

Phone Number:

Direct Mobile Number:

Email:

Contact details

Mrs. Aimee Keller or Dr Steven Sello Mogale (Claim Director)

Email: drmogale@bol.com.br

Tel: 27 83 963 9609

Fax: 27 86 648 1795

Payment Process Centre

We congratulate you,

Mrs H. Miguel

FIFA Johannesburg Coordinator

They need my e-mail address?

Archived