The Diego Maradona Role?

For months now, I have been wondering what role did Maradona play as?

At first I thought he was an Inside Forward, but he assisted others more than he would score. Then I thought he was an Advanced Playmaker, but he played well too deep to be an Advanced Playmaker. Then I thought he was a Trequartista, but he did a lot more than a normal Trequartista would do. Maradona use to go to the defence and collect the defence and preferbly run to the opposition area with the ball or play a teammate through. He was the engine of team, everything went throug him.

So does anyone know how to define or make Maradona's role on FM?

An Advanced Playmaker on Attack but with a lower mentality would start from deep. But like often in FM when you want to recreate real life football, the instructions have to be tweaked to find the perfect settings ;)

He was a trequartista.

Advanced playmaker wouldn't accurately reflect his role as the lack of a roam from position setting, the lack of a wide-play setting, the low freedom and the forward runs are totally different.

The closest you will get is a trequartista. The focal point of the team, given complete freedom creatively and to roam from his position. In Argentina, Maradona would be called the enganche which is basically the same as the trequartista.

Then I thought he was a Trequartista, but he did a lot more than a normal Trequartista would do. Maradona use to go to the defence and collect the defence and preferbly run to the opposition area with the ball or play a teammate through. He was the engine of team, everything went throug him.

He was a trequartista.

Advanced playmaker wouldn't accurately reflect his role as the lack of a roam from position setting, the lack of a wide-play setting, the low freedom and the forward runs are totally different.

The closest you will get is a trequartista. The focal point of the team, given complete freedom creatively and to roam from his position. In Argentina, Maradona would be called the enganche which is basically the same as the trequartista.

I agree with crouchaldinho. If you wanted to set up something similar in the game, just increase the closing down of your trequartista and that would getting going back and helping out defensively.

In my opinion, these are the settings for him:

- Jump up and down on touchline set to mixed

- Bear hugs for players set to often

- Bear hugs for staff set to often

- Look tactically astute set to rare

Also, ask him to learn the following PPMs:

1. Prevalence for fake Italian suits

2. Colorful use of language

3. Argues with Germans

Just my 2 cents ;)

In my opinion, these are the settings for him:

- Jump up and down on touchline set to mixed