Ollie's Chairman game version2 - the story

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!

Reports are coming in that a deal has been reached between the Bolton and Fulham Chairman regarding transfers. The transfers are Damien Duff, Fred Stoor and an undisclosed fee going to Bolton whilst Gary Cahill and Kevin Davies are moving in the oppostie direction.

Fulham Chairman Happy with new acquisitions

Fulham Chairman Paul Wilmot has today announced a deal that will bring the Bolton Pair Gary Cahill and Kevin Davies to play there football at Craven Cottage next year.

Speaking at the press conference he said the following: We have secured two very good players today from one of our rivals. In Gary we have one of England's most promising young Defenders who we hope can push us to new heights whilst also pushing his claim for a regular england spot. and Kevin has the experience and talent to score goals at any level. We have identified these targets along with our new manager who is behind my negotiations 100%.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Damien and Frederik the best of luck at there new club."

The pair will sign 5 year deals to tie them to the club for many years. These are exactly the type of player that we are after and believe that we have shown our intent. We feel that we have managed to capture two outstanding talents and look forward to seeing what they can do out on the pitch"

The fee involved has not been disclosed but is believe to be in the region of 2 Million.

The following players are open to offers by Fulham Manager Javier Aguirre:

Jonathan Greening

Bjorn Helgo Riise

Diomansy Kamara

Eric Nevland

Toni Kallio

Chris Baird

Bobby Zamora

The one major name that has been named is that of Striker Bobby Zamora, But it is believed that it would take a large Fee or a player exchange to praise the sort after striker away.

THIS IS FOR OLLIE. YOUR MESSAGES THING HAS EXCEEDED THE LIMIT SO I CANT TELL YOU THE DEAL FOR CARLOS VELA SO I WILL ANNOUNCE IT ON HERE. I WILL BE PAYING ARSENAL A LOAN FEE OF £250k and I WILL BE PAYING 70% OF HIS WAGES. THE DEAL IS A SEASON LONG LOAN

Have you checked that ollie can do Loan deals?

***BRAKING NEWS***

Blackburn have concluded a deal with Sunderland for Martyn Wagorn for £1.7m on a 5 year contract, it is thought he will be on 7k a week.

Striker Martyn Waghorn made huge strides forward while on loan at Leicester for the entire 2009-10 season.

The nippy forward became a firm fans' favourite at the Walkers' Stadium, finishing second in the club's goalscoring charts with 12 goals.

The Foxes were reportedly keen to keep Waghorn permanently, but Blackburn Rovers beat them to his signiture.

Waghorn regularly featured off the bench in the early stages of his loan spell, but cemented a first-team place following an injury to eventual top scorer Matty Fryatt.

The youngster's loan spell ended in unfortunate circumstances as Leicester were eliminated in the Championship play-offs at the hands of Cardiff City in a penalty shoot-out.

Waghorn, who made 48 appearances in all, collected Leicester's Young Player of the Year award.

The striker made his Sunderland debut against Manchester United on Boxing Day 2007 and has made five first-team appearances so far.

The South Shields-born hitman also spent time on loan at Charlton Athletic in the 2008-09 season, scoring one goal in seven appearances.

A former Manchester United scholar, Waghorn impressed in Sunderland's youth team and reserves before he was offered a pro deal in the summer of 2008.

Blackburn fans are looking forward to seeing him in action at Ewood Park.

Posting this here as Ollie's messages are at capacity.

Tottenham have agreed to sell Assou Ekotto to Sunderland in a deal worth £7million.

At this point the Tottenham chairman would like to state that with the exception of the ongoing negotiations for Pavlyuchenko, White Hart Lane is closing for business.

Ollie I have not voted for the FA board member yet but i would like to. Can you let me know when you have emptied your inbox so that i can forward my Vote and can you also let me know that the striker that i brought from abroad has gone through. Thanks

I am Fulham by the way

Lads ive got a problem ive tried to load FM and it says, XML parsing error, everytime i click ok it comes back and i cant load the game :S

Also i was about to say due to the deadline beong at 5 a lot of people would have been at work, also the forums were down for a day so the window now shuts at 7:30

but the free agents transfer window shuts at half 6

The FA voting window shuts at 6 :)

That will be me done then Ollie as i now have a two hour drive home from work. SO I guess Fulham are closed for Business for this transfer Window unless there is a extension until about 11 tonight!!

Lads ive got a problem ive tried to load FM and it says, XML parsing error, everytime i click ok it comes back and i cant load the game :S

Also i was about to say due to the deadline beong at 5 a lot of people would have been at work, also the forums were down for a day so the window now shuts at 7:30

but the free agents transfer window shuts at half 6

The FA voting window shuts at 6 :)

This has happened to me before if you search the Bugs forum there is an answer in there, If i remember rightly there is a file you have to empty and it will work again

TRY THIS

Re: Football Manager 2010 FAQ and Online Manual

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you encounter the following:

Invalid Token XML parsing error

Try deleting the Settings folder from the following program path as detailed below:

First of all you need to turn on the hidden files and folders:

XP

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders':

- Windows XP:

My Computer -> Local Disk (C: -> Documents and Settings -> <username> -> Application Data -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2010 -> Settings

- Windows Vista / Windows 7:

Computer -> Local Disk (C: -> Users -> <username> -> AppData -> Roaming -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2010 -> Settings

Please note saved progress may be lost.

Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.

If you are unable to locate the folders please ensure that hidden folders are enabled as detailed below:

- Click on Start

- Select Control Panel

- Select Folder Options*

- Select View

- Select Show Hidden files and folders

*If Folder Options is not shown:

Windows XP/Vista : Select Classic View from the Control Panel.

Windows 7 : Select Large Icons from View By

'not well informed (invalid token) at line 1 of profile. '

It means one of your 'Profiles' has been corrupted. Shut down FM, delete the cache files and this should solve this issue (but you'll also lose stored profiles that are selectable from the drop down menu when you start a new game).

Details on how to delete your cache files can be found below.

"not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml"

The game says it cannot be loaded

This can sometimes be resolved it by defragmenting the hard drive.

Open and run Disk Defragmenter by doing the following:

Windows XP

1: Click “Start”

2: Click “My Computer”

3: Right Click the local Disk that contains the FM2010 installation.

4: Go to “Tools”

5: Click “Defragment Now”

6: Click “Anylise”

7: Click “Report” – Check to see if the saved game that is not loading is listed as having missing fragments.

If it does have missing fragments then move the save to an external source (USB Memory Key, External Hard Drive) and try loading the game fro there. If the game works from the external source then running a full Defrag on the Drive should allow you to load it again. If not then your game is probably corrupted.

Windows Vista and Windows 7

1: Click “Start”

2: Click “Computer”

3: Right Click the local Disk that contains the FM2010 installation.

4: Select “Preferences”

5: Select “Tools”

6: Select “Check Disk”

7: Select “Start”

If the Save Game was showing any missing fragments then try to load the game again as Check Disk would have attempted to fix the problem. If that does not work follow the steps from Windows XP. Copy the file to an external source and attempt to run it from there. If successful defrag the Hard Disk and then try again. .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17-12-2009 18:25 #25 Neil Brock

View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact

Sports Interactive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts:13,926 Re: Football Manager 2010 FAQ and Online Manual

I am receiving other XML errors.

Delete the following folder:

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors.

Free Agents, signed for:

stewartjrobertson (Spurs)- kris boyd

- joe cole

clplpeteres1990(new)

- k dyer

- sol campbell

rhyscartwright(sun)-

- freddie Bouma

- gallas

- De Guzman

me -

- riqueleme

Fulham-

- ricardo oliveira

- Rafael sobis

- Ibrahim

- Henry

- Morientes

notts forest (bol)

- Geovanni

- Bernard Mendy

- Marlon Harewood

- finnan

Blackburn

robert pires

benjani

nakamura

Robert Koren

Sunderland Transfer News:

Sunderland have been busy in the last few hours signing player after player to boost the squad.

Defenders Wilfred Bouma and William Gallas were signed on free's, while Benoit Assou Ekotto was signed for 7mil from Spurs. Sunderland also added young, attacking midfielder Johnathan De Guzman.

But reports are coming in that Sunderland are still waiting on one player, but it is just a formality and they should be announce the signing within the next 24 hours. The signing is believed to be a top-class European striker, and is a statement of intent to where this club wants to be.

Blackpool press relase

'Blackpool are pleased to welcome Juan Roman Riquelme, to the seasiders. Juan is an extrodinary capture for the club, and despite not having any over offers on the table, he said he is delighted to be here '

riquelme_marcar_gol.jpg

I bid for him. I bid 20k. did you bid more ollie

Blackpool have again continued their spending spree by signing three players from tottenham hotspur for a rumoured combined £10m

The three men are legendary keeper Carlo Ancelloti, Youngster kyle walker, and experienced russian Roman Pavlyuchenko

348.jpg7246.jpg

Pavlyuchenko.jpg

Ramon Diaz has thanked Chairman Oliver Connolly for pushing through the deals, and has said the captures have justified his decision to move to the small time club.

thefa_1007956c.jpg

I am pleased to announce that the two men elected too the FA until January the 1st are ....

Paulo1985 (Fulham)

LCFC1 (Blackburn)

These two and myself will now run the FA until January the 1st game time, where more elections will be held for all 3 positions

We are now charged with decisions affecting the whole game (prize money etc.) and England Football team matters,

i'd like the two men elected to PM me ASAP please :)

Archived