Miroslav Klose or Ronaldo?

Jongi

In the way he didn't bother reading it, since all but two people stated that Ronaldo was by FAR the better player. Even the OP said God forbid Klose should go down as being the better player, even if he does break the record.

Ronaldo in his prime = one of the great strikers of all time, if not the best. Shame injuries were rampant throughout his career.

As a Man Utd fan Il never forget the day he tore us to part in Old Trafford in the CL semi final in 2003 I think it was. He scored a hat-trick. The acceleration and power he showed that day was awsome

Klose deserves respect though. Great striker. What a World Cup return of goals that is...and he's not finished yet.

Ronaldo in his prime = one of the great strikers of all time, if not the best. Shame injuries were rampant throughout his career.

As a Man Utd fan Il never forget the day he tore us to part in Old Trafford in the CL semi final in 2003 I think it was. He scored a hat-trick. The acceleration and power he showed that day was awsome

Klose deserves respect though. Great striker. What a World Cup return of goals that is...and he's not finished yet.

I was there and I was amazed by him, clapped him off the pitch, simply awesome.

I remember the look in Fabian Barthez..... Well that was when he was in Real Madrid, if you can check him playing with Barcelona in 1996 he was from another world.....

Anyone seen the legends program on sky sport?. Just those few clips of Ronaldo at his peak show how silly the question is really.

Yeah actually had it recorded on Sky+ and only watched it last night. He was amazing, it's unreal to think how good he could have been if it wasn't for the injuries at Inter. Was he rushed back from the first one as 6 months seems a short recovery time to me?

No one (including the op) is saying Klose is better, but it is an interesting question that in 50 years would Klose be glanced back upon as better due to being a higher scorer in the world cup.

1. Klose is still behind

2. Klose will not win a world cup, making his scoring record less valuable than that of Ronaldo

3. Ronaldo is already remembered as one of the best strikers ever

Unless there is a huge fire at the world football archive... wait scratch that, unless we build a huge world football archive and move every video and record in there, and unless that archive burns to the ground in the next decades with the only remains being a document containing the world cup goal scorers, Ronaldo will be remembered as a vastly superior striker to Klose.

The 20 year old Ronaldo who played at Barcelona and Inter until his first knee injury was the most dominating forward I've ever witnessed in my life. I still vividly recall him scoring a goal after leaving 4 players in the dust against Valencia, with a muscular injury in his right leg (he spent almost one month off later because of the injury but he wasn't subbed at the time).

After the injuries he never was again what he promised, but still was the best striker in the world for years.

Klose has been good. Exceptional performance on the World Cups and nat team, but wasn't nearly as good for his teams as Ronaldo was.

Anyway, for me, and because of Ronaldo's injuries, the best striker I've seen, overall, has been Romario. Ronaldo a close 2nd and would've been easily the best without his repeated knee problems.

Archived