National top scorers

I imagine there is a thread for this already, but I was wondering if anyone has had, or seen, a player absolutely destroy the national team's top scoring record. I've been managing spain, I'm in 2015 and David Villa is on 107 caps, scored 91 goals, going far beyond Raul's 47 goals.

I really want to see if I can get him to score 110 goals, surpassing Ali Daei's all time record of 109 international goals, just for personal enjoyment really.

Anyone experienced anything like this? Seen Messi get to 100+ goals or Torres or Rooney?

Thanks.

In my game the closest someone has got so far to Daei's record is Marouane Chamakh who has 87 goals in 114 apps.

Landon Donovan has 67 goals from 170 caps.

The most impressive goals/game ratios are Chris Wood for New Zealand who has 65 goals from 53 appearances and Mario Baltotelli who has 57 goals from 49 appearances for Italy.

Yeah, the same Chamakh and Donovan are up there on my game as well. David Villa keeps surprising me though, he's 33, only 14 Pace and 15 Acc but he still scores hatricks, he got 4 against San Marino. I understand they're an embarrasingly easy team but if I'm pressing high up the pitch and need a goal he almost always puts the first chance he gets away.

Ah right, fair enough, Torres was plaqued with injuries on my save, probably why he doesnt get too many.

He has made far more appearances than Villa though on my game anyway so I'd have expected him to get at least a few more goals.

In my game. An italian regen called Marcello Testa scored 104 goals in like 117 caps (I can post a screenie if anyone wants)

Another regen of the same generation called Michael Bryan scored about 89 goals in 90 caps for england.

Oh and a mexican regen (same generation) scored over 100 for mexico

in mine at moment it Rooney with 77 goals in 108 caps

torres second with 68 in 116.

But i have Regen called Ryan White for my Arsenal and England team who only 8 and has 10 goals in 12 caps so have high hopes he do better then Rooney.

in mine at moment it Rooney with 77 goals in 108 caps

torres second with 68 in 116.

But i have Regen called Ryan White for my Arsenal and England team who only 8 and has 10 goals in 12 caps so have high hopes he do better then Rooney.

8 years old? :confused: :p

There's a USA regen on mine, who I had at Liverpool, who has 170 appearances, 173 goals. He's simply phenomenal. 33 now, has been in the national setup since the start of his career. He's also Liverpools all time top scorer, and is closing in on Landon Donovan's 200 caps.

The previous record holder for the USA was Altidore with 127. Donovan made it to 82 before he retired.

There's a Guatemalan Regen who has 179 goals in 147 appearances. He's 35 now and has been in their setup since his second season.

For England, there's a regen who is currently on 91 goals from 104 caps, Surpassed Rooney's total of 50 goals after 5 years in the England setup. One of his club and country team mates has 111 caps and 74 goals.

Macheda got 76 for Italy

Ronaldo got 79 for Portugal

Iker Munian got 76 for Spain

Aguero got 78 for Argentina

Alexis Sanchez got 125 for Chile

There's a USA regen on mine, who I had at Liverpool, who has 170 appearances, 173 goals. He's simply phenomenal. 33 now, has been in the national setup since the start of his career. He's also Liverpools all time top scorer, and is closing in on Landon Donovan's 200 caps.

The previous record holder for the USA was Altidore with 127. Donovan made it to 82 before he retired.

There's a Guatemalan Regen who has 179 goals in 147 appearances. He's 35 now and has been in their setup since his second season.

For England, there's a regen who is currently on 91 goals from 104 caps, Surpassed Rooney's total of 50 goals after 5 years in the England setup. One of his club and country team mates has 111 caps and 74 goals.

Macheda got 76 for Italy

Ronaldo got 79 for Portugal

Iker Munian got 76 for Spain

Aguero got 78 for Argentina

Alexis Sanchez got 125 for Chile

What year are you in?

for me in 2026:

Spain - Villa with 59

France - Benzema with 64

Holland - regen with 59

Italy - Forestieri with 54

Brazil - Pele - 77

Argentina - AGuero - 90

England - Regen with 51

Chile - Sanchez 89

Chamackh - 93

Ireland - Keane 71

Portugal - Ronaldo 63

Mexico - Vela 118

USA - Altidore - 111

In my save I'm in the middle of the 2019/2020 season and the most international caps I've seen is Landon Donovan at 171 caps with 78 goals. I have a 22 year old American regen striker who's only 22 and has 36 goals in 42 international caps, so I'm sure he'll end up breaking Landon's record.

Torres has 85 in 133, Rooney has 79 in 114. Meanwhile, Donovan has 168 caps but the all-time USA goalscorer is Jozy Altidore with 92 goals. My save is in 2021-22, will post more if you guys want anything

Just an update, I've currently got a regen who has great stats and is just 20 with 20 caps and 15 goals already. I called him up before he'd even got his first team debut for Barcelona because he was that good. I'd describe him as David Villa, with strength and jumping instead of pace, although he still has 15 pace.

Its late 2027

Wayne Rooney 140 caps/ 85 Goals (England)

Fernando Torres 136 Caps/ 82 Goals (Spain)

karim Benzema ? Caps/ 67 Goals (France)

Regen in Netherlands Mustafa de Jong 72 caps/ 64 goals

Cristiano Ronaldo 153 caps/ 70 Goals (Portugal)

Sergio Agüero ? Caps/ 58 goals (Argentina)

Jozy Altidore 124 caps/ 90 goals (USA)

Steven Fletcher 62 caps/ 49 goals (Scotland)

Still active players

Jack Wilshere 169 caps/ 74 goals Still active on the english national team as age of 35 years and 352 days

On my old FM08 game Rooney retired with 103 goals from 149 caps (and in FM08 old players decay really fast).

A Genoa regen has the Italy record, 107 goals from 115 caps. Gutted because I had the chance to sign him as a youngster but passed! He's still playing and it's really how high he can go. No regen will come close to him in the next few years - there isn't a striker with a similar silly scoring record for Italy except him. He's matched his near 1 goal per game ratio ever since the start.

Bojan retired with 88 goals but I don't know how many caps, but it was always going to be hard to beat Casillas with 154 caps.

Benzema has a whopping 116 goals for France, in around 120 caps or so (a former regen of mine holds that record with 128 caps). He got off to a good start in-game and never looked back.

Ronaldo had a ridiculous 203 caps for Portugal but only had around 70 goals or something (a regen holds that record with 81 goals).

In my long term save, now 2025, Jozy Altidore has 126 goals from 165 caps. What helped was the 4 year stint I had as USA manager where he bagged a bunch and won the WC. He still plies his trade for Burnley and he might even play in another WC which would make it his 5th and given his goal ratio he could potentially score a goal in each of them. A nice career for someone who has racked up only 11 million quid on transfer fees.

All time top scorers in my game, currently in July 2037...

England - Justin Mason (Regen, now a manager) - 101 caps, 79 goals

Spain - Fernando Torres (now coach) - 125 caps, 69 goals. Oldest goalscorer aged 35 v N.Ireland.

Italy - Federico Macheda (retired) - 78 goals

Scotland - Eddie Murray (regen, now unemployed Ass. manager) - 99 caps, 58 goals

Wales - Sam Vokes (retired) - 64 goals.

Ireland - Robbie Keane (retired) - 66 goals.

N.Ireland - Stephen Milligan (regen) - 91 caps, 56 goals

Portugal - Christiano Ronaldo (retired) - 147 caps, 73 goals

France - Chris Gadi (retired) - 70 goals

USA - Jozy Altidore (retired) - 130 goals

Ivory coast - Mohammed Diarrassouba (regen, now coach) - 114 caps, 107 goals

Holland - Bryan Timmermans (regen, retired) - 67 goals

Other big nations like Brazil and Argentina are unchanged. Justin Mason and Eddie Murray were my players when I was manager of Leeds, Mason also played for me when I managed England, where he was captain when we won the world cup and euro cup. otherwise, I had no direct influence on any of the players.

Ivory coast produced a couple of amazing strikers, particularly Diarrassouba, and a AM/FC Abdoulaye N'Guessan who was in my Leeds side, who managed a relatively meagre 58 goals in 104 caps! Despite that, they never did that well as they have had virtually no defence over the years! Still the best African team though.

Managed Man Utd and England for 20 years and Rooney has scored 101 in 155. He is long since retired and my assistant at both club and international level.

Have had a few newgens get close to 100 but Rooney is the only one who has surpassed it.

The record from Raul still stands. A regen matched the record though.

Most impressive is Cristiano Ronaldo with 103 goals in 175 caps.

He's also the oldest goalscorer at 36 years and 246 days.

Also have:

Van Persie (45 goals, retired)

Crippa (Italian regen, 64 goals in 103 caps, still in the first team)

Rooney (67 goals in 119 caps, ass man of Dortmund)

Altidore (96 goals in 128 caps, ass man of Valencia)

Pato (80 goals, retired)

Aguero (68 goals, retired)

Diaye (French regen, 65 goals in 107 caps)

Meessen (Belgian regen, 65 goals in 71 caps, 31 and playing at ManC)

Archived