How far will England get through the tournament?

Rhino

How far will England get through the tournament?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. How far will England get through the tournament?

• Last 16
    • Quarter-Finals
    • Semi-Finals
    • Final
    • Winners

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i went for semis, although they will only get there if they get an easy run. By the time they get to the semis, the oppostion gets tougher and i just cant see them beating the bigger teams judging by their performances so far

Yeah, that USA goal has switched it from being a comparatively easy route to being rock-hard for England. Whoever makes it to the final from that section of the draw will have earned it, that's for sure.

On the flip-side, I'd also say that the Germans, Ghanians and Serbians won't fancy playing England in the next round either.

Will beat Germany just so everyone gets hyped up and think we're going to win it, then get knocked out by Argentina.

That won't be brutal enough. They will beat Argentina, too. THEN get knocked out.

Will beat Germany just so everyone gets hyped up and think we're going to win it, then get knocked out by Argentina.

If we beat Germany (and lose to whoever in the QF's) I'll personally pay for an open top bus parade through Trafalgar Square :D If we beat them on penalties I'd have them all knighted :D

I put winners as I think on our day we can beat anyone. We have a defence that can deal with Germany if needs be and I think our forwards can cause their slow centre backs problems. Other teams will be a challenge but I feel better after today.

I put winner because I'm an eternal optimist, and fancy us against anyone on anyday. Hopefully now we are just getting into our stride and will continue to push on and improve.

With Germany`s wide players,especially down the right hand side(left of England) causing Gerrard to stop wandering inside,which will kill our main foward driving force,I see Germany winning.

If we concede early,and have to chase the game,with Cole and Johnson bombing foward,we are very weak against quick counter attacks ,in my opinion.

This should have been two separate threads, one for English people and one for non-English.

I went for last 16 as I marginally think Germany will beat England (I'm sort of split 55:45), although I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if they got their act together and put up a good show

I reckon we'll get to the Semi's and get beaten by Spain. Everyone will get hyped up that we can win it and then we get crushed 2-0. I then see us playing Uruguay in the 3rd place playoff.

This should have been two separate threads, one for English people and one for non-English.

Should make it three then. One for the English, one for the rest of the UK and one for the rest of the world, the non-biased people who neither love nor hate England ;)

I originally thought England would win the 3rd place match against Germany but now that they play each other next round... Last 16 - sorry!

I'm confused. You think we'd beat them in the 3rd place play off but lose against them in the last 16?

I could spend ages thinking about the other players that teams had but at the end of the day everyone is beatable including us. Yes we might play awful and get stuffed against Germany. Although this is a Germany side who looked troubled by Ghana quite a bit in last nights match and were beaten by an unimpressive Serbia side. Mexico do look good but we have beaten them before, Argentina have a weakness in defence we could capitalise on and Holland have looked good but haven't struck fear into me tbh.

Archived