Am So Looking Foward to this Regen, Are You lol?

He looks very good for a 15-year-old. His jumping, strength and anticipation is a bit weak for a DC, very low influence for a MC, but he is only 15... make sure you tutor him with someone who has a high determination attribute.

Another dc/dmc/mc regen that has no jumping, determination or anticipation, (is it me or is there a ridiculous amount of these?) determination will never go up much, so for me, this ruins him.

If you can get his creativity up, then maybe he will be a decent creative/attacking midfielder.

That determination stat really does kill it for me as it's a difficult stat to raise and somebody with that low determination, wouldn't get any where near my team, but finishing on a more positive note, you could make some decent money off him in a few years.

Looks pretty real to me, all the attributes that are high would fit in with a relatively high CA for a DC, DMC, MC but he does have his flaws, with the determination, jumping, anticipation and composure, they all lead to this probably being a legit regen. Especially as people have been complaining about DC's with no jumping, it all fits.

Would be wasted at either MC or DC for me. With his pace and other attributes if you play with attacking fullbacks he would be great there. I wouldn't consider him at all for a central role because of his lack of strength out wide he can pass it and run on quickly and help provide far more than he could in the middle.

Clearly edited.

I've had players who meet their potential of 190, they were never close to being that good at 15.

I've seen a better regen at 14 (or 15.. but I'm almost sure it was 14) in the german league. He barely developed after that though.

determination will never go up much, so for me, this ruins him.
Actually determination can go up quite easily by tutoring him. I think he should be able to get a determination stat between 16-19 if he gets tutored several times by player with a high(er) determination stat.

Koki, I am fairly sure influence isn't much of an important stat other than one to have in a captain.

You're right, I mixed it up with another stat.

Clearly edited.

I've had players who meet their potential of 190, they were never close to being that good at 15.

It's probably not edited, it's just a rare occurrence. This player probably won't improve all that much over the years, due to having what looks like such a high CA. I've seen a few of these, never signed them, as they don't improve right. :thdn:

Not really fast enough for that if you ask me. DM or a CM with a defensive role is probably the best option, as he has good passing, off the ball, and positioning. Could do very well as a box to box midfielder.

Clearly edited.

Clearly not edited as I have seen numerous types of these newgens come through in my games. Edited players are usually brilliant where as this newgen is clearly not.

Actually determination can go up quite easily by tutoring him. I think he should be able to get a determination stat between 16-19 if he gets tutored several times by player with a high(er) determination stat.

If the tutoring works, and that all depends on the players personality. If I had a pound for every tutoring attempt that didn't go well, I would be a rich man and vice versa.

If the tutoring works, and that all depends on the players personality. If I had a pound for every tutoring attempt that didn't go well, I would be a rich man and vice versa.

You're right. Maybe I haven't had many bad experiences because I only sign determined/resolute/professional players in the first place.

You're right. Maybe I haven't had many bad experiences because I only sign determined/resolute/professional players in the first place.

I'm pretty sure there is more to it than that, as I sign similar players.

You've either been really unlucky or doing something wrong.

I haven't had a failure yet on this version of FM while in past versions successes far outweighed failures.

I find players of different nationality's rarely seem to gel well when tutoring.

Who knows, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't see what as it's pretty straight forward. I generally go on the coaches recommendations.

I find players of different nationality's rarely seem to gel well when tutoring.

Who knows, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't see what as it's pretty straight forward. I generally go on the coaches recommendations.

I find the coaches recommendations are rarely the options I would take while I do make an effort to have the bulk of my team from the same nation as the club.

Suppose I should ask the question to make sure, do you fully understand what tutoring does?

Are you familiar with the different personalities?

Another dc/dmc/mc regen that has no jumping, determination or anticipation, (is it me or is there a ridiculous amount of these?) determination will never go up much, so for me, this ruins him.

If you can get his creativity up, then maybe he will be a decent creative/attacking midfielder.

That determination stat really does kill it for me as it's a difficult stat to raise and somebody with that low determination, wouldn't get any where near my team, but finishing on a more positive note, you could make some decent money off him in a few years.

Hell, he is 15 years old!!! Especially jumping ans strength are not developed when you are 15.

I find the coaches recommendations are rarely the options I would take while I do make an effort to have the bulk of my team from the same nation as the club.

Suppose I should ask the question to make sure, do you fully understand what tutoring does?

Are you familiar with the different personalities?

I do.

Personalities isn't something I look at. I shall take more note of it in the future and ignore my coaches. Give me an example of what personalities will generally tutor well with each other.

Thanks.

@jayahr

This isn't real life, and in my experience they will never go up enough to be considered good enough for a dc/dmc/mc. That's a lot of training and a pretty high amount to have to go up to be considered half decent, whilst losing other stats because you have to concentrate so much on his lack of ability's rather than ability's.

Personalities should be your first concern when selecting a tutor.

Without cheating they are the only way of estimating a players hidden attributes.

This is the Lyssien's personality guide from a couple of years ago but most of it is still relevant.

Other than "special moves" when you select a tutor and a tutee a tutee's mental, hidden attributes + determination (The only visible attribute that changes) will move towards the tutors.

Ideally you want the tutee to increase in things like determination, professionalism, pressure & temperament. Other hidden attributes like loyalty, ambition and sportmanship are IMO not as important but it all depends on the player. If you are a lower league side with a star youngster reducing his ambition & increasing his loyalty will help you hold onto him for longer for instance.

The best tutors tend to be "resilient" or "resolute" as you can see from the table in the link they have high levels of pressure, determination or professionalism but others can be effective if used in the right manner.

Much is still a guesstimate but if you look at the personalities of both the tutee and possible tutors then try to estimate what level their hidden attributes are. Coach reports also help to identify hidden attributes that perhaps a personality doesn't show whilst the more time you spend the more you'll understand about a player.

• 4 weeks later...
Train him to be a right midfielder, also tutor him by someone with high determination to get that stat up.

Koki, I am fairly sure influence isn't much of an important stat other than one to have in a captain.

defintly train him as a right winger

his crossing is excellent and passing and his decisions

Lol at the people saying that he is terrible at certain atributes. That 15 year old guy is amazing. and he's 15! by the time he's 19/20 all the 8's and 9's will be around 10/11. That guy will definitely be a world class/worldwide player.

And i've come across regens that were as good as this one. They're usually a bit older but I have had one guy that was 15 and he was pretty much as good as this one.

i'm so jealous, i never found a world class type potential regen. what am i doing wrong?

you have never seen one in your game? if so just wait because some will show up eventually.

you have never seen one in your game? if so just wait because some will show up eventually.

yeah haven't seen one yet, my scouts must be blind lol. also maybe its becuz i'm only at 2014, with only 3 leagues loaded.... italy, spain, england. the top flights.

yeah haven't seen one yet, my scouts must be blind lol. also maybe its becuz i'm only at 2014, with only 3 leagues loaded.... italy, spain, england. the top flights.

That could be the case. Have you seen them at any other teams?

He seems like he could well play either a deep creative role or perhaps more advanced. It's a terrible shame about his jumping because he could have been an absolute rock as a deep lying playmaker in my opinion. Ball winning and then sliding it through to your strikers.

Archived