English Fantasy League: Sign Ups

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can easily make any player a homegrown player in the editor :) plus the maximum amount of players available to register is 25 and I have given you 23 so if you need at least two more homegrown players the manager would have to give a reserves player a number.

It will be interesting to see who the media rates the highest and lowest.

Alright then, I am going to run a test game just to make sure all is well and it works out. Then after the assman draft is done we can start the league. :)

5 hours has passed.

Pick 30

Assistant Manager: Giuseppe Baresi

Team: Wolves

Manager List

1. Jose Mourinho (Wigan)

2. Carlo Ancelotti (Stoke)

3. Pep Guardiola (Arsenal)

4. Michael Laudrup (Birmingham)

5. Sir Alex Ferguson (Liverpool) :O

6. Fabio Capello (Newcastle)

7. Martin O'neill (WBA)

8. Marcelo Lippi (West Ham)

9. Cesare Prandelli (Tottenham)

10. Rafa Benitez (Fulham)

11. Arsene Wenger (Wolves)

12. Harry Redknapp (Sunderland)

13. Guus Hiddink (Manchester United)

14. Roberto Mancini (Chelsea)

15. David Moyes (Everton)

16. Louis Van Gaal (Bolton)

17. Steve McClaren (Man city)

18. Joachim Löw (Blackburn)

19. Gerard Houllier (Blackpool)

20. Luiz Felipe Scolari (Aston Villa)

Assistants Already Taken

1. Steve Round (Aston Villa)

2. Stuart Pearce (Blackpool)

3. Carlos Queiroz (Blackburn)

4. Pat Rice (Man city)

5. Tony Coton (Bolton)

6. Mike Phelan (Everton)

7. Mauro Tassotti (Chelsea)

8. Avram Grant (Manchester United)

9. Italo Galbiati (Sunderland)

10. Giuseppe Baresi (Wolves)

Glad people are happy with their teams :)

I ran a test game yesterday and made it through november without any database issues or anything. The only thing I missed were the players who are previously on loan i.e. Joe Hart, Robinho, Luca Toni etc. I removed all the loan deals easily and now we are just waiting until the draft is done then we can get this game started finally.

Hopefully people will be more active too.

Pick 31

Assistant Manager: Valter Di Salvo

Team: Tottenham

Pick 32

Assistant Manager: Sidnei Lobo

Team: West Ham

Manager List

1. Jose Mourinho (Wigan)

7. Martin O'neill (WBA)

Assistants Already Taken

4. Pat Rice (Man city)

5. Tony Coton (Bolton)

6. Mike Phelan (Everton)

11. Paul Mcguinness (Fulham)

12. Valter Di Salvo (Tottenham)

13. Sidnei Lobo (West Ham)

Jono the assistant manager you wanted me to pick for you has already been picked so you are up :)

Wolves- wba4life

GK: Casillas- GK / Scott Carson- GK / Fraser Forster- GK

DEF: Gael Clichy- D L, WB L / Lucio- D C / Jamie Carragher- D RC / Josip Simunic-- D C / Luisao- D C / Kolo Toure- D RC / Michael Mancienne- D RC, DM / Liam Ridgewell- D LC

MID: Felipe Melo- DM, MC / Sebastian Giovinco- AM LC, FC / Carlos Eduardo- AM LC / Jorge Valdivia- AM, RC / Pedro- AM RL / Zdravko Kuzmanovic- DM, M RC / Kim Kallstrom- AM LC

FWD: Edin Dzeko- FC / Miroslav Klose- F C / Hugo Almeida- F C / Fernando Llorente- F C / Davide Petrucci- AM, F C

Sorry I was out over the weekend so couldn't pick an Ass Man.

Starting XI should look something like this:

Casillas

Carragher Toure Lucio Clichy

Valdivia Melo Kuzmanovic/Eduardo Kallstrom

Dzeko Klose

Quite confident in the defence, but the midfield is probably one of the weakest, so the strikers will have to do a lot of work! Pretty decent strike force though :)

Wolves- wba4life

GK: Casillas- GK / Scott Carson- GK / Fraser Forster- GK

DEF: Gael Clichy- D L, WB L / Lucio- D C / Jamie Carragher- D RC / Josip Simunic-- D C / Luisao- D C / Kolo Toure- D RC / Michael Mancienne- D RC, DM / Liam Ridgewell- D LC

MID: Felipe Melo- DM, MC / Sebastian Giovinco- AM LC, FC / Carlos Eduardo- AM LC / Jorge Valdivia- AM, RC / Pedro- AM RL / Zdravko Kuzmanovic- DM, M RC / Kim Kallstrom- AM LC

FWD: Edin Dzeko- FC / Miroslav Klose- F C / Hugo Almeida- F C / Fernando Llorente- F C / Davide Petrucci- AM, F C

Sorry I was out over the weekend so couldn't pick an Ass Man.

Starting XI should look something like this:

Casillas

Carragher Toure Lucio Clichy

Valdivia Melo Kuzmanovic/Eduardo Kallstrom

Dzeko Klose

Quite confident in the defence, but the midfield is probably one of the weakest, so the strikers will have to do a lot of work! Pretty decent strike force though :)

I'm pretty sure we aren't supposed to pick the starting lineup ourselves.

Pick 35

Assistant Manager: Franco Baldini

Team: Newcastle United

Pick 36

Assistant Manager:Wolfgang Roulff

Team: Liverpool

Pick 37

Assistant Manager: Kim Daugaard

Team: Birmingham

Pick 38

Assistant Manager: Berhnard Peters

Team: Arsenal

Pick 39

Assistant Manager: Massimo Neri

Team: Stoke

Pick 40

Assistant Manager: Claudio Gaudino

Team: Wigan

Manager List

1. Jose Mourinho (Wigan)

7. Martin O'neill (WBA)

Assistant Managers

4. Pat Rice (Man city)

5. Tony Coton (Bolton)

6. Mike Phelan (Everton)

11. Paul Mcguinness (Fulham)

12. Valter Di Salvo (Tottenham)

13. Sidnei Lobo (West Ham)

14. Pako Ayestaran (West Brom)

15. Franco Baldini (Newcastle)

16. Wolfgang Roulff (Liverpool)

17. Kim Daugaard (Birmingham)

18. Bernhard Peters (Arsenal)

19. Massimo Neri (Stoke)

20. Claudio Gaudino (Wigan)

Okay the draft is finally done I will give every team their assistants and I will probably start the league later on tonight since I have nothing going on today.

Now remember you guys are the acting chairmen of your respected clubs so you can make any financial changes you feel are necessary. I will also allow player exchanges if you can work a deal out with another user.

I will also allow each team to sign AT MOST 3 free agents who do not have a team. I will post the remaining list in a few minutes. As it stands each team has £1.8 million to spend on wages so feel free to offer a lot, but not too much. The way you would sign free agents is easy, whoever offers the most for him will sign him after exactly 24 hours. You have to send me your offer through PM so other users don't catch on, but the story might leak to a local paper;).

I will wait for the deals to conclude before I start simming the matches. The player deals will act as the summer transfer window for this game.

newskysports_logo.jpg

Transfer Center

13.33 Former England legend, David Beckham, has also stated his desire to return to his homeland to see out the rest of his career. The former Manchester United superstar has doubts on moves to Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, and Arsenal, but says if he can't return to Manchester then he will look to his local club, West Ham, as a possible destination.

11.30 Reports from The Sun suggest that Romanian "bad boy", Adrien Mutu, could be on his way back to England this summer. They claim that a number of clubs are inquiring about his services and are looking into the possibility of signing the controversial striker.

AMutuCarloFerraroEPA128.jpg

Odds:

200-1/ signs for Chelsea

30-2/ signs for Liverpool

20-2/ signs for Fulham

12-1/ signs for West Ham

10.15 Spanish Veterans, Raul (Real Madrid), and Pedro Munitis, have made it clear on their intentions to team up together in England for their 'final seasons'. The Spanish pair have been long time friends and are both reportedly looking for a fresh challenge. No word on any possible interest though.

9.54 Nigerian goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, was seen getting off a plane at London Heathrow this morning. There is speculation that the Bolton Wanderers chairman has flown the Nigerian out to England to discuss his future. Enyeama is coming of an individually successful world cup, however his nation only made it as far as the group stages.

newskysports_logo.jpg

Sky Sports Breaking News

Micah Richards to choose a team tonight.

Micah Richards, one of the most sought after free agents so far this summer, has said he will make up his mind of where he will be playing this upcoming season by tonight. Reports claim that at least 5 teams have offered Richards a fresh contract and he will have to sit and think of where he wants to go next season.

---------------

Sorry guys but I'm going out for a few hours I'll be back before any of the deadlines for the players though so don't worry.

Transfer Center/ Paper Talk

Reports in green mean they are official signings

Micah%20Richards.jpg

5.00 Thats all for today. Look out tomorrow to see if there have been any breakthrough deals.

2.17 Vincent Enyeama, Ever Banega, Fabio Coentrao and Genaro Gattuso are also all being linked with a number of different clubs. The Sun, are apparently holding nothing back when they say that "Vincent Enyeama will be the highest paid goalkeeper in the world if an English club can manage to sign the Nigerian goalkeeper."

1.33 Micah Richards agent has commented on his future saying "Micah was planning on signing a contract tonight, but there are more offers coming our way as the night rolls on and we want to allow everyone to have their say." So don't expect Micah to go anywhere just yet. If reports are correct it would mean Stoke, Newcastle, Chelsea, Wolves, Blackburn, and Blackpool have already contacted the players agent.

1.20 Javi Martinez is expected to be revealed by Stoke City tomorrow morning. The club have been hunting him down for a 'extended period of time' said the Stoke Chairman at a press conference confirming they have signed the him.

12.34 West Ham United have confirmed they have made three new signings this summer. The Hammers first signing is Spanish Legend, Raul, former Chelsea midfielder, Claude Makalele, and the one that will surprise most and mainly Arsenal fans is Freddie Ljungberg. West Ham Chairman has come out and stated that he is happy with his team at the moment but will leave the rest of any signings to his trusted manager.

12.00 Adrian Mutu has officially begun discussions with a number of English teams his agent has stated. He also went on to say "There are a few teams that have offered us a contract but we have received one offer that would make Adrian the richest player in the world, and that can't go unnoticed." Officials from the three clubs have kept their lips sealed about the offers, but they have been revealed to be Liverpool, Manchester City, and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

7.22 Thats all for today folks. Check back tomorrow to see if your team have signed anyone....

7.14 It has been made official within the past few minutes.... Micah Richards is officially a Chelsea player. The news just broke the headlines on the evening edition of sky sports. Micah Richards had this to say on his twitter account "I have finally made my decision to sign for Chelsea! I can't wait to start playing again!" Richards was probably the most sought after free agent this summer and with him signing for Chelsea today you can bet that managers and supporters around England will be disappointed he didn't choose their team.

7.04 Newcastle have released an official notice on their website stating they have also signed the tenacious Italian midfielder, Genaro Gattuso. "Fabio Capello played a major role in me deciding Newcastle was the right place for me. I am happy to play here and can't wait to start the season" said Gattuso on his new home.

7.00 Tottenham have signed a frenchman of their own named William Gallas. Arsenal fans will be stunned to read that their former captain has choose to move across London to play for their arch rivals. Never the less Gallas seemed happy with the move and is raring to go.

6.44 The race to sign legendary, and controversial forward, Thierry Henry, has begun to pick up. Our sources have revealed to us that at least 4 premier league teams have already offered a contract to the frenchman.

6.08 News out of Chelsea is that they have also completed two signings of their own. Brede Hangeland and Matt Hummels have completed their dream moves to Stamford bridge today and Chelsea are expected to call a press conference to introduce the players shortly.

1.56 More news is expected in the coming hours.

1.55 Everton F.C official site are announcing their official signings of Tomas Ujfalusi and Per Clijan Skjelbred. Everton supporters are expected to applaud the chairmans ability to keep these transfers relatively quiet compared to other teams who have been in the media spotlight recently.

1.51 Birmingham have also come out and announced that they have signed Argentine midfielder Ever Banega, American forward Freddy Adu, and the man who recieved much praise for his performance during the world cup, Siphiwe Tshabalala.

1.42 Manchester City have officially ended all speculation linking Adrian Mutu back to the Premiership. The Romanian playmaker has stated that he has officially agreed to sign a contract that will indeed make him the richest player in the world, but didn't mention what the figure was. Lets hope he has more of an impact on the field rather than off this time around. City are also presenting Vincent Enyeama, and Jan Vertonghen to the club and both are also reported to have been given remarkable wages.

Stoke-City-icon.png

Statement from Chairman Mark Galinsky:

Stoke City is pleased to announce our two new signings for the upcoming season. Javi Martinez and Andres Guardado are two of the most promising young players in football today, and we are over the moon to be able to say they will be part of our new manager Carlo Ancelotti's side. We expect great things from Andres and Javi, and we are sure they'll put in 100% effort this season to make your Potters the best side in the English Premier League. Thank You.

From the desk of Birmingham chairman Ryan Bergman

Hello and good afternoon to you all,

I sit here at my nice desk preparing to begin the new Premiership season and I have people asking me questions about the direction the team is in, saying they don't understand my decisions. Well, today I'm here to answer the doubters.

First, the appointment of Michael Laudrup as the new manager of Birmingham. Michael has proven through his actions on the field that he is a class act and a good manager at that. Sure, he might not have had the success of some of the other managers in the Premiership, but sometimes to make a change for the better you need to take a chance and Michael is the chance we are willing to take.

Now, the appointment of his assistant Kim Daugaard. I talked to Michael and he remembered a player from when he managed at Brøndby. Kim had lost his spot with past managers, but Michael gave him a chance and he saw that he was now an assistant at Brøndby so he wanted someone with whom e was familiar coming on to help him. Even though he isn't a known name in the world of football, I guarantee our fans that he is capable of doing this job.

Finally, to talk about our newest signings. First Freddy Adu. While most of America has seemingly given up on this young talent, I still think he has what it takes to play at the highest level for us at Birmingham. Second, Ever Banega. While it may appear to some that we have a logjam in central midfield with all of our talent there, I am confident that Ever will find his way. Finally, the name I'm sure no one expected, Siphiwe Tshabalala. A man who can play up the entire left side of the field, Tshabalala was the engine that made the South African national team go at the World Cup, I'm sure that his tireless work ethic and exciting style of play will earn him many fans here in Birmingham.

So now, our eyes turn to the first day of the new season. I know that all you bluenoses will be out there supporting your club and I will be too. It's time that the Premiership take notice of us. Heed our warning big 4, we are coming to take you down!

~Ryan Bergman

9.36 Thats all for today. Make sure you come back tomorrow to see what other teams make signings. Also be sure to watch out for the midnight deadline on sunday. There is sure to be teams making last minute signings.

9.22 Arsenal is announcing their final two signings tonight as well. The official website has announced the Gunners have signed highly rated Argentine, Javier Pastore, and Turkish midfielder Nuri Sahin. The club chairman has also announced that while he would like to make more transfers, he will leave it to Pep to make the rest, if any, signings.

6.38 News from Anfield is that they have finally completed their first signing this summer. The Uruguayan, Cristian Rodriguez, was delighted to tell his friends and family that he would finally be able to play in England. A press conference is expected to be called shortly.

5.37 A report is coming through that Sunderland have captured the signature of Thierry Henry, and Francesco Toldo. Henry was on the verge of signing with Liverpool, but a last minute offer from Sunderland was enough to change his mind and choose the Stadium of Light over Anfield.

5.28 Arsenal have made the first signing of the day today. Announcing that Portuguese fullback, Fabio Coentrao, has signed a 'respectable' contract offer. The Portuguese player had a very successful world cup and was being linked with a number of teams, but Arsenal ended all speculation today with their announcement.

3.19 Fulham supporters are applauding their chairman this afternoon, with news that he has signed Kili Gonzalez, Rafael Van der Vaart, and Wellington on free transfers. Fulham could possibly run into some trouble acquiring a work permit for the veteran Argentine, but they said they are not worried about it going through.

Continued from 2/7/10 2.08 Liverpool have made their second signing of the off season today, announcing Marissimo Ambrosini will be joining the reds on a permanent deal.

12.00 Good afternoon football world! The day has started already with Wolves announcing three new signings. The signings of Juan Roman Riquelme, Pablo Aimar, former Liverpool midfielder, Lucas, have all been confirmed by Wolves Chairman. A press conference will be called shortly to reveal the players to the devoted fans.

Archived