*Official* - the BIG Chelsea thread. Post all sorts of transfer crap in here, but no mentions of 'Chelski'

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dunno how ne1 can say their the top team in europe when they have only bought two players or so.

i think roman shud keep out of it too, this club is obviously just a hobbie for him, i see another leeds happening in aobut 2 yrs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuckythetree:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lampers:

At least we cant be called for our lack of british players anymore - we can role out as many as any other english prem team now if we get bridge, johnson, duff and we already have terry, lampard, Carlton cole. If we get Joe Cole as well will probably have 5 - 6 future UK internationals. icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

duff is irish<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last time i checked ireland was still part of britain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gaga_4_parma:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuckythetree:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lampers:

At least we cant be called for our lack of british players anymore - we can role out as many as any other english prem team now if we get bridge, johnson, duff and we already have terry, lampard, Carlton cole. If we get Joe Cole as well will probably have 5 - 6 future UK internationals. icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last time i checked ireland was still part of britain.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

You knóbatron!!!

Duff is from the Republic of Ireland. Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Bolton midfielder Jay-Jay Okocha has said he would like a move to Chelsea.

The Nigeria international helped Bolton retain their Premiership status with a series of superb performances at the end of last season.

But the 29-year-old said he was keen to experience European football - and that he would take any bid from Chelsea very seriously.

"I'm still ambitious," said Okocha.

"I have a year left at Bolton and I'm happy there - but I can't say I won't accept an offer from Chelsea.

"They are a better team and will be playing in the Champions League while our main target at Bolton would be to stay up."

The former Eintracht Frankfurt, Ferenbache and Paris St Germain player has scored seven goals in his 31 appearances for Bolton.

Chelsea have been linked with a string of players since Roman Abramovich's takeover of the club.

gah, I just wish Jay Jay would should the **** up. first he's harping on about playing for Utd now Chelsea. Fair enough, there bigger clubs, Champions League footy blah blah but does he really need to come out and say it, espcially when there hasn't ever been an enquiry about him (according to Allardyce anyway) I honestly can't see him leaveing this summer anyway, just seems to me he's already trying to engenier his move from us when his contract is up this time next year :/

i think it just reeks of being ungrateful... i think thats why it grates. his situation was similar to that djorkaef. both players while undoubtedly full of talent, their careers had hit the skids. and big sam showed them some faith and resurrected them... surely at least seeing out your contract is the least you could do if you're in that situation...

dnag hit post too early :/

i meant to add, that at lest djorkaef has been a model professional about the whole thing. and he's been honest from the start about his intentions. i believe he's said that he'll stay for as long the club want him, and as long as they stay up... and he's done more to keep them up than okocha anyways...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

i think it just reeks of being ungrateful... i think thats why it grates. his situation was similar to that djorkaef. both players while undoubtedly full of talent, their careers had hit the skids. and big sam showed them some faith and resurrected them... surely at least seeing out your contract is the least you could do if you're in that situation...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he probably will see out his contract, all these comments can't stop me wandering though whether he will be fully commited to our cause next season :/ I think he probably will be, if he's so desperate for a move to a bigger club he'll need to keep his performance levels up which is a good thing, but you never know when he's coming out saying I'd want to play for club x. Like you say it does seem rather ungrateful of him.

I think this is going to end in tears for Chelsea but not untill the new chairman has acheived what he has set out to acheive.

Chelsea have up to £200 million to spend £100 million on Viera and Henry £50 million Gerraard £60 million on Toti and Emerson Duff £17 million Gerami £8 million the west ham full back £6 million this amounts to over £200 million and he has paid off the £60 million debt and wans to improve training facilites.

I think he is just trying to become popular with the fans.

Guest James

It will all end in tears. It might not for a few years but in years to come it will end in tears.

Yopu get the impression though Chelsea will still be a team that can play fantastically one week and then lose to so called lesser team the next week.

And you can get your grotty hands of Duff!

At least this Roman guy added some interest in the trasfer market again.

James

The poor Russian. Old Ken Bates comes along and offers him the "one of world's biggest clubs" for a measly £140million, and he snaps his hand off and rips his beard out.

Now, a hundred thousand ridiculously-high knocked-back bids later, he's just discovering that despite Santa Claus being involved, Christmas didn't come early. For only a Real reject and a relegated teenager seem to be interested.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Cudicini

Johnson Desailly Terry Gallas

Geremi Lampard Petit Le Saux

Hasselbaink Gudjohnsen

</pre>

The world's biggest clubs are not quaking in their boots.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Diffusion:

The poor Russian. Old Ken Bates comes along and offers him the "one of world's biggest clubs" for a measly £140million, and he snaps his hand off and rips his beard out.

Now, a hundred thousand ridiculously-high knocked-back bids later, he's just discovering that despite Santa Claus being involved, Christmas didn't come early. For only a Real reject and a relegated teenager seem to be interested.

Cudicini

Johnson Desailly Terry Gallas

Geremi Lampard Petit Le Saux

Hasselbaink Gudjohnsen

</pre>

The world's biggest clubs are not quaking in their boots.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Tis true that we have only bought two players so far, but it's a start. This time last month we weren't going to buy anybody if they weren't a freebie. It is the start of a plan to build Chelsea into the future of football. Remember Rome wasn't build in a day.

The team you picked was bollocks anyhow... no Gronkjaer or Cole for a start.

I definitely think that there is a helluva lot of jealousy going on in this. Face you Gooners, Wet Spam and Rottingham fans are all pig sick that we have the money now and will next season be the daddy in London, if not the EPL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JFH:

'Tis true that we have only bought two players so far, but it's a start. This time last month we weren't going to buy anybody if they weren't a freebie. It is the start of a plan to build Chelsea into the future of football. Remember Rome wasn't build in a day.

I definitely think that there is a helluva lot of jealousy going on in this. Face you Gooners, Wet Spam and Rottingham fans are all pig sick that we have the money now and will next season be the daddy in London, if not the EPL.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite impressive, only a couple of weeks in, and already speaking like a Manchester United fan. Thinking the whole world's against you in their united jealously and rage, when actually all they're doing is toying with you, only your head has been clouded with such delusions of glory, banknotes and high shirt numbers that you've lost all ability to recognise such a base emotion such as humour, and totally convinced that you're genuinely the best, and not just in the sense that every football fan believes their club is so. There's no tongue in cheek here, this is Stamford Bridge, home of the future of football, the Russian revolution, where you're valued in zeros.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Diffusion:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JFH:

I definitely think that there is a helluva lot of jealousy going on in this. Face you Gooners, Wet Spam and Rottingham fans are all pig sick that we have the money now and will next season be the daddy in London, if not the EPL.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite impressive, only a couple of weeks in, and already speaking like a Manchester United fan. Thinking the whole world's against you in their united jealously and rage, when actually all they're doing is toying with you, only your head has been clouded with such delusions of glory, banknotes and high shirt numbers that you've lost all ability to recognise such a base emotion such as humour, and totally convinced that you're genuinely the best, and not just in the sense that every football fan believes their club is so. There's no tongue in cheek here, this is Stamford Bridge, home of the future of football, the Russian revolution, where you're valued in zeros.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand what you are saying, but you did not read the post properly, I said it was a start.

Chelsea fans are used to false dawns more than any other set of fans (The Sexton era, Hoddle, Gullit) and we are just living and loving our new found promise.

IF we do become the next best thing, then I hope that the true Blues fans will have the humility to remember where we have been before and not be too annoying. But think of it this way.... your team were in the same position as we are, would you not be on the rooftops shouting about it, proclaiming greatness?

We are still truly stunned by the events over the past two weeks and are still coming to terms with becoming a VERY VERY rich football team.

All the Gooners I know have been prophesising the fall down of Chelsea, and it is clear that they cannot face that Chelsea have started to overtake them in the London stakes, which is something they canot face. And conversely we are just returning the diatribe of **** we have had to face over the past 10 years or so about how great they are.

It is a little bit of sweet revenge, that is all Diffusion and if it sounds like I am getting arrogant like a Manure ****bag then I apolgise but let us live our dreams for a short while until the inevitable Chelsea fcuk up happens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Cascia 0 Chelsea 12

Sunday, Jul 13, 2003

Six goals in both halves took Chelsea to a comfortable first pre-season win in the tiny Umbrian village of Cascia this afternoon.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink opened the scoring after nine minutes with a long-range shot, and then hit the post before both Eidur Gudjohnsen and Mario Stanic scored twice, with Mario Melchiot heading the fifth. Gudjohnsen’s brace was fine solo efforts. Stanic headed in a Melchiot cross and then scored with his own solo effort.

At half-time Claudio Ranieri made six changes, so the second-half team was: Ambrosio; Melchiot, Terry, Huth, Babayaro; Kneissl, Lampard, Le Saux, Zenden; Cole, Forssell.

Graeme Le Saux scored almost immediately from Carlton Cole’s lay-off, and then there were two for Mikael Forssell, the first another solo dribble. Other goals came from headers by John Terry (Le Saux corner) and Cole (Boudewijn Zenden cross) before Frank Lampard finished proceedings with the final solo in the final minute.

Kitamirike replaced Melchiot at right-back on 66 minutes. Around 250 spectators attended.

Neil Barnett<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wycombe:

The Guardian are saying Vieri is being seriously lined up by Chelsea, fee of between £21m and £29m appears likely.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although Inter keep denying it, and Vieri seems proud of that, it's a very realistic deal. Vieri respects Ranieri from their spell together at Atlético, and Inter might sell if they can get Kluivert in replacement.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by young and hopeless:

take a peep in the Man Utd thread. seems they have accepted a 14million for Veron from you's<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats a little OTT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by young and hopeless:

take a peep in the Man Utd thread. seems they have accepted a 14million for Veron from you's<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats a little OTT<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>well gotta get them excited icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gaga_4_parma:

British Isles but not Britain, mayhap?

I've read Pavel Nedved's name thrown around. Veron, Sven, and Pavel. Yee haw.

'Tis true that we have only bought two players so far, _but it's a start_. This time last month we weren't going to buy anybody if they weren't a freebie. It is the start of a plan to build Chelsea into the future of football. Remember Rome wasn't build in a day.

Quite impressive, only a couple of weeks in, and already speaking like a Manchester United fan. Thinking the whole world's against you in their united jealously and rage, when actually all they're doing is toying with you, only your head has been clouded with such delusions of glory, banknotes and high shirt numbers that you've lost all ability to recognise such a base emotion such as humour, and totally convinced that you're genuinely the best, and not just in the sense that every football fan believes their club is so. There's no tongue in cheek here, this is Stamford Bridge, home of the future of football, the Russian revolution, where you're valued in zeros.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand what you are saying, but you did not read the post properly, I said it was a start.

Chelsea fans are used to false dawns more than any other set of fans (The Sexton era, Hoddle, Gullit) and we are just living and loving our new found promise.

_IF_ we do become the next best thing, then I hope that the true Blues fans will have the humility to remember where we have been before and not be too annoying. But think of it this way.... your team were in the same position as we are, would you not be on the rooftops shouting about it, proclaiming greatness?

We are still truly stunned by the events over the past two weeks and are still coming to terms with becoming a _VERY VERY_ rich football team.

All the Gooners I know have been prophesising the fall down of Chelsea, and it is clear that they cannot face that Chelsea have started to overtake them in the London stakes, which is something they canot face. And conversely we are just returning the diatribe of **** we have had to face over the past 10 years or so about how great they are.

It is a little bit of sweet revenge, that is all Diffusion and if it sounds like I am getting arrogant like a Manure ****bag then I apolgise but let us live our dreams for a short while until the inevitable Chelsea fcuk up happens.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither did you read my post properly icon_wink.gif, I said that I was just toying with you icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif.

And I still am, it's my moral obligation. It comes with the territory, the moment something goes not quite perfectly for you, I'll be there to poke a little fun at you and remind you that you're a lucky lot and we all hate you because we'd love to be you, and preferably in such a way that you have no idea whether or not I'm sincere, just for the delusion it creates within your mind.

icon_cool.gificon_razz.gif

really shud check again then

i bet geography wasnt your strong point in school

I think the chelsea fans here are very gullable in thinking that we will sign gerrald, vieira and henry or any1 like that, ur just plain stupid.

And the non chelsea fans posting here are a lil jelous, thats all im saying.

Realistically, Duff, Okocha, Bridge and Kluivert will do for me. The rest I couldnt care about.

Now, with them signings lets have a lil look at the possible team:

GK Cudicini

DL Bridge

DR Johnson

DC Gallas

DC Terry

ML Duff

MR Geremi

MC Lampard

MC Okocha

FC Kluivert

FC Gudjonsen/Cole

You scared yet?

• Administrators

Whatever happens, I really don't want us to drop Grønkjær. He's looking like he could be magnificent next season.

Realistically, I reckon our line-up next season will be:

Cudicini

Melchiot/Johnson Desailly Gallas/Terry Babayaro/Le Saux

Grønkjær/Geremi Veron Lampard Duff

Hasselbaink Forssell

</pre>

Not too shabby, but an improvement on last season icon_smile.gif

CAn someone tell me who Chelsea have officially bid for(obviously that we know of) and who they've actually signed. There's too many rumour threads coupled with my laziness I dont have a clue whats going on.

Chee-ars.

we wont get veron...

Grønkjær Geremi Lampard Duff

our midfield is good enough like that!

Why dont we get in their and sign Kluivert? Hes definitely leaving. £1.5m, you cant go wrong there.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

Junichi - who exactly is going to win you the ball in midfied with that line up???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lampard - box to box midfielder.

Sunts - On the official front we've made bids for

Glen Johnson - accepted (Undisclosed Fee)

Geremi - accepted (£6.9m)

Damien Duff - two bids rejected (£12m and £15m)

Wayne Bridge - bid rejected (£5m)

Christian Vieri - bid rejected (£30m)

Edgar Davids - early bid rejected (£8m) but now another believed to be accepted (£11m)

Interested In (solid rumours):

Juan Sebastian Veron

Jay Jay Okocha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Junichi Inamoto:

I'd love him here - he's always been a favourite of mine. Brilliant goalscoring record - how he doesn't get more games for Spain I'll never know.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm glad you rate Moro highly. He's been one of my favourite players at Real Madrid as well, very efficient target man, good in the air, passes a decent ball as well. He's only what, 26 years old and best thing of all is that you all can get him for less than £10 million. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Junichi Inamoto:

I always thought he'd be off to Zaragoza, from what I read. With our lack of performing strikers, I really would love him at the Bridge.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's either Zaragoza, Lyon, or Chelsea. If all three bids are accepted by Real and Morientes were to choose, I'd say you guys have the best chance. (Champion's League football, higher wages, better players to work with, etc)

Its in The Sun today that we (Man City) are after Emmanuel Petit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>KEVIN KEEGAN wants to make Emmanuel Petit his third signing of the summer.

The Manchester City boss will table a £2.5million bid for the French World Cup winner, who is being forced on to the sidelines at Chelsea.

New Blues owner Roman Abramovich has a hit-list of transfer targets that includes Manchester United’s Juan Veron and Juventus star Edgar Davids.

And the Russian billionaire will refuse to admit defeat until he has landed at least one of the midfield kings.

That will push Petit, 32, further into the wilderness after a close season spent recovering from a groin operation.

Petit, a Double winner with Arsenal in 1998, could even be pulled out of Chelsea’s pre-season trip to Italy to complete the move — once Keegan gets permission to speak to the player.

The Frenchman joined Chelsea from Barcelona in a £7.5m switch almost two years ago.

And, although he has made 67 appearances in that time, his long-term future at Stamford Bridge looks bleak.

Keegan has already landed keeper David Seaman and German midfielder Michael Tarnat.

But he wants a playmaker in the heart of his side.

He sees Petit as perfect for that role — despite his advancing years.

But Keegan’s hopes of tempting him to City are likely to rest on the star agreeing to take a cut in his £40,000-a-week wages<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't see much of him last season, is he still any good, or is it just a waste of £2.5 million?

Chelsea are set to open talks with Blackburn's Damien Duff after making a new £17m bid for the Republic of Ireland winger.

Blackburn chief executive John Williams confirmed Chelsea had tabled a third offer for Duff after seeing bids of £13m and £15m rejected.

Williams refused to confirm whether the new offer matched the £17m that would trigger the release clause in the four-year contract Duff signed in summer 2002.

But Chelsea now hope they can move to clinch a deal and see off any potential late competition.

Williams admitted the earlier bids were "close" to the figure that would allow Chelsea to open talks with Duff, and that the latest offer topped the £15m that had been rejected.

Who else have Chelsea been linked with?

Duff negotiated a release clause in his contract when he signed a new four-year deal at Blackburn last season.

The Rovers chief executive continued: "It depends how serious Chelsea are about wanting to sign him. There is a release clause in the contract he negotiated last year.

"If conditions are met with the bid naturally we would be obliged to let Damien talk to Chelsea - or any other club who met them and the decision would rest with the player.

"There has been intense press speculation and I don't think it's fair to talk about the amounts."

Blackburn boss Graeme Souness said he was not surprised at the amount of interest in Duff.

Archived