Ollie's Chairman game 2010

There have been a lot of threads about the possibility of Si creating a chairman game, as much as i like the idea many do not, so using a very similar concept from another FM forum i have designed a user based game ran through my computer to give people the chnace to become a chairman.

So the idea is... everyone becomes the chairman of a Premiership club, each club would be given certain budgets etc and it’s up to you how to assign them, how much do you give your manager for wages and transfers,.

If you wish to change your manager, then you either after negotiate directly with another manager over a fee for their manager, e.g. Roy hodgson, Club Y offers £2m for his services to Club x, whose Chairman wants £2.5m therefore the two negotiate and i edit the clubs budgets via FMRTE.

Rules

1. You may part with as many managers as you see fit,the financial and moral implications are on you.

2. When sacking a manager you must pay a contract settlement, This will be what remains on his contract.

3. When approaching a new manager, you cannot just hire anyone. I will only accept realistic managerial bids, Make sure your club has a greater rep than the club of your target

if your target is without a club, I will check his managerial rep. If it's unrealistic, he will reject you.However any manager on a clubs legends or icons list

will be fair game, for example, Cappello to Blackpool is not possible however Daglish to Blackburn is

4. If you want to approach another club about there manager, contact them directly and negotiate a fee. Once both parties have agreed, PM me and I will sort it out.

5. When offering a manager a contract, you will need to set his wages and contract length. If you are the WBA manager and want Alan Pardew from Southampton, you will need to offer-

him a greater wage and a contract length.

6. Transfer and wage budgets are decided by you, offer too much and you could see your club in administration. I will not edit the finances on FM at all. I will provide 6 monthly financial reports

This lets you keep on top of things.

7. Once the game starts, message your club name and assigned transfer and wage budgets. I will impliment your details into the game.

8. If you wish to sack your manager, simply write in the forum and i will then inform you of the costs to do so. If you wish to proceed, I will get it done and announce it on the thread.

9. i Can either offer FM weekly or monthly updates up to the chariman involved

10. I will not provide screenshots of individual players or tactics, sorry but it takes too much effort :)

11. For anyone interested in Capello, prior to the World Cup the compensation Package is a fixed £6m

Clubs Current reputations and maximum manager reputations

Premiership Teams

Arsenal-8600-172

Aston Villa-6950-139

Birmingham-5950-119

Blackburn-6400-128

Bolton-6300-126

Blackpool-5300-110

Chelsea-9100-182

Everton-7150-143

Fulham-6300-126

Liverpool-8950-179

Man City-7850-157

Man Utd-9350-187

Newcastle - 6750 - 128

Stoke-5700-114

Sunderland-6350-127

Tottenham-7150-143

West Ham-6700-134

West Brom - 6000 - 122

Wigan-6100-122

Wolves-5700-125

To join the game simply fill in this information about your Chairman

Name:

DOB:

Nationallity:

Club:

Clubs are first come first serve and are only the 20 premierleague clubs, the clubs are updated so include Newcastle, WBA and Blackpool and not Portsmouth, Hull or Burnley

So will you give an big name manager a large budget and risk administration for long term success?? or will you bring in a low budget long term man, its all up to

Message to mods: ive put this in the general forums for anyone to read but if you feel it chould be moved to challenges/sign ups feel free

much of the credit must go to kris and jake, from another forum who initiallised the key concept but this is done on these (the best) forums and allows all users of the forums to interact

The game will begin when 20 chairmen for the 20 clubs are recieved i'm aiming for 7 O'clock tonight or tomorrow night, this could be brilliant adds a lot of interaction and really tests financial and moral decisions

This could be brilliant i hope many people get involved :)

i know this is a long post but i hope you have read it all

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers everyone :) think i'll take my beloved liverpool and give 'king' kenny some time before bringing in Fabio ;) aha

Name: Ollie Connolly

Nationallity: English

Club: Liverpool

sure i'l ldo a better job than the yanks

Jod123 do you want that to be your ingame name??

I don't mind. You can make it Roman Abramovich Jnr if you like. :D

king kenny hey lol good luck lol debateing weather to give sir alex his suitcase and plane ticket and say thanks for the years now go and rest lmao

You can't do that. Let him stay for as long as he wants. :D

definitely guna stick with o'neill for now.....i presume transfer will be completely up to the AI but is there a way to make it so that certain players are unavailable except for a rediculous offer...am thinking milner!! and also can we instruct manager to keep certain players etc.

Name: Vin de Pantoja

DOB: 25/10/1970

Nationality: Dominican Republic

Club: Burnley

Burnley will sure be a challenge :D

Burnley are not there the league has been updated.

WHS :thup:

You could try Blackpool which may be a challenge as well. :p

i cant figure out how to switch managers with FMRTE mid-season :S anybody any ideas would hate to see this idea go to waste :)

Right go to the team which needs a new manager, say Manchester City, right click Roberto Mancini as he is in charge, then click 'swap job - manchester city' which is the second option, then type in the new manager and there you have it :)

EDIT: Doesn't show the change on on FMRTE but it happens in game just checked

EDIT: BTW they must be out of contract and a free agent or else the old manager Mancini gets swapped with the incoming one. SO if Manager X is getting sacked and the chairman wants manager Y, expire manager Ys contract so he is free, then swap him with Mancini :)

i cant figure out how to switch managers with FMRTE mid-season :S anybody any ideas would hate to see this idea go to waste :)

Expire thier contract, then make them very good relations with the club, and the club like them and the edit the chairman personelle, give that a try.

you two are both gods that is brilliant :) just waiting for everyone to get involved now should be brilliant :)

Remaining teams:

Arsenal

Birmingham

Blackburn

Bolton

Fulham

Stoke

West Brom

Wigan

Wolves

I will put all the budgets up for people to decide transfer/wage budgets and to decide if they feel they are on a sound enough financial footing to sack their managers

Extra Rule:

12. if the club currently has a Caretaker manager (ive just noticed my own club liverpool) then i feel no pay off should be required or hire

for example, newcastle sack houghton, hire beardsly as caretaker, they then do not have to pay of beardsly :) if everyone agrees this is fair?

Grant is the current manager, but you can change him, but there will be a pay off to pay

I don't want to Sack him, he is currntly above my Managers CA Cap

I am happy with whatever is given to me, as i reckon mad man Olly can cut the mustard in the premier league :)

Might be an Idea to give Blackpool a 15-25 mill transfer budget, coz you get 30 mill in TV Revenue each season in the PL, definatley need to cement your PL status for next season. Where another 30 mill will enter your balance.

The only thing i can imagine, is that it is over in CSE where as the theards desiring chairman mode gameplay tend to be over in the General forum, you could float about on there and wait for someone to ask and then offer them this as an alternative?

EDIT: Well, when i find out Blackpool's budget for the season i will assess the situation and then decide upon the path which will help the club progress onto the next stage. Although it does look likely that i will plough alot of cash into the club.

Archived