Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

N1ck

zidane

don't worry Zidane has gone down as one of the true legends of the game, he isn't remembered more for his headbutt, he is remembered for being the best attacking midfielder of his generation

I fully agree...

I've been around long enough to see Maradona, Cruyff [although not that old] and others like Zico, Romario, Baggio yet Zidane would always be my first pick...fantastic player.

zidane was unique i don't believe there is anyone at the moment with his style

Zidane is great:

zizou.jpg

But there is only one greatest:

diego_overkill.jpg

(dont shout at me I didnt create the database)

I've never seen a guy who always looked as if he had all the time in the world on the ball, no matter how congested it was round him, and despite never being noted for pace, his ability to breeze past players while looking like he was going at half pace.

Bang on there. He always made players look so slow when they played against him, as he just rolled the ball from left to right when people tried to tackle him. I can't think of any other player who could stand still in the middle of the pitch and be almost impossible to tackle, even by other top players of that generation. I'm not saying this is all he could do, by far, but he did something that no other player has ever been able to do. It was as if he saw twice the amount of frames per second as normal people.

I know not everybody agrees, but the was no player feared as much as ZZ was except Pele. Although, the latter intimidated players in a lessor league, whereas ZZ did it every year in the Champions League and in La Liga/Serie A.

I saw him at Old Trafford too and beleive me, I have never seen 50,000 people so scared as they were everytime ZZ had the ball.

Nuff said :thup:

Michael Laudrup, nuff said. :D

Not at all biased, as im danish. :p

I always tell people how great Laudrup was. It as if in the UK he was all but forgotten. Truly a great...great player in my eyes

i bought his son with the update, he's 14 at real and not looking bad, glad to have him at liverpool ;)

i think the one thing you can say about zizou is that there just isn't a player anything like him these days.... no-one can do what he did, like he did...

i count myself lucky to have seen him play several times live...

i'm guessing the same way people will with messi in years to come

Sigh. Massive bump so I'm gonna lock the thread to minimise confusion.

In future Dennis, check dates, and if you want to talk about something that hasn't been discussed for a while, feel free to start a new thread :)