zidane

zidane is still the best player i have seen in my short lifetime, just a shame hes now remembered more for his headbutt :(

don't worry Zidane has gone down as one of the true legends of the game, he isn't remembered more for his headbutt, he is remembered for being the best attacking midfielder of his generation

zidane is still the best player i have seen in my short lifetime, just a shame hes now remembered more for his headbutt :(

Not to me he isn't, and the fact he had the balls to do that after some idiot slagged off his family, I have even more respect for him considering what was at stake. He said in an interview after the incident that if somebody talks about your family or says such things about your sister or your mother, what ever you're doing at the time no longer matters and being a man is all that matters, or words to that effect.

Much respect zizou.

i hope this is a joke!!!!

no joke rivaldo was the second best player i have ever seen play, ronaldinho at is best was for me the greatest ever player. zidane was a great player, he was more of a media darling than rivaldo was thus getting more attention.

ronaldinho is nowhere near one of the best ever players imo, even at his best, I can think of many more

he is just the kind of player that gets my excited skill wise no one can touch him he beat players with pure trickery i love players that have the ability to beat 5 or six men, in my eyes its just breath taking . zidane was your classic number ten you can compare him to people like hagi totti kaka riquelme.. ronaldinho is a diffrent type of player imo and just had more to his game

yeah I suppose when it comes to dribbling, he is pretty astonishing, but i prefer players with a creative mind, that can change a game with one defense-splitting pass, like zidane, and dribbling would be a bonus.

rivaldo and ronaldinho werent even in the top 5 of their generation nevermind the best player to play the game in the last 30 years like zidane..

ZZ will truly go down as one of the best ever when time goes by... rivaldo is eclipsed already by the current crop of brazilian players like kaka and others.. and ronaldinho was good for 30% of the time... not good enough

messi is the only current contender for zizou tbh

just check out rivaldos hat trick against valencia to get barca 4th place the best hat trick i have ever seen. check out ronaldinhos at the santiago bernabeu when the real madrid fans gave him a standing ovation when he scored a wonder goal. I'm sorry but i cant accept you saying they weren't the best players of there generation. i do not believe kaka is at the same level as rivaldo at is best not yet anyway

Was lucky to see Zidane in the flesh twice - Champions league final in Glasgow where he scored the wonder volley against Leverkusen, and against Man Utd at Old Trafford in the Champs League (year Utd won it against Bayern, think they played Juve in the quarters or semis?).

The game at Old Trafford he was untouchable, playing centre mid with Edgar Davids. Considering the United side at the time, he looked like he was playing against 10 year olds at times. Game finished 1-1 with Giggs equalising at the death, but I went away even more amazed by the talent ZZ had.

I've never seen a guy who always looked as if he had all the time in the world on the ball, no matter how congested it was round him, and despite never being noted for pace, his ability to breeze past players while looking like he was going at half pace.

A legend, and the best player of my generation.

I think Paul Scholes in his prime was the best midfielder i have seen in recent years Zidane himself even said Scholes is the best player he has ever played against. He called him the best midfielder of his generation in fact.

I think Paul Scholes in his prime was the best midfielder i have seen in recent years Zidane himself even said Scholes is the best player he has ever played against. He called him the best midfielder of his generation in fact.

paul scholes i know the game is all about different opinions but come on paul scholes:thdn:

paul scholes i know the game is all about different opinions but come on paul scholes:thdn:[/QUOT

Mate his vison on the ball and his passing is some of the greatest i have ever seen. He can't be that bad if England managers are constantly asking him to come back.

he is a fantastic player i wont take that away from him you don't play for man u for so long if you don't have a bit about you, but I'm sorry paul scholes does not get me on the edge of my seat he does not make your heart skip a beat the likes of ronaldinho rivaldo zidane figo c ronaldo and brazillian ronaldo there on a different planet to scholes, i would put scholes in the nedved hagi platini catorgrey

he is a fantastic player i wont take that away from him you don't play for man u for so long if you don't have a bit about you, but I'm sorry paul scholes does not get me on the edge of my seat he does not make your heart skip a beat the likes of ronaldinho rivaldo zidane figo c ronaldo and brazillian ronaldo there on a different planet to scholes, i would put scholes in the nedved hagi platini catorgrey

See this is where we will differ again here as i always preffered Nedved to Zidane haha. I guess it just boils down to preference and what you prefer to see in your players.

anyone think that ZZ could still do well at the top level after his display on Soccer Aid last week? I thought he was really good and also Figo was.

tbh he is still in good shape i reckon he could do a good job for a big club in one of the lesser leagues in europe like fenerbache olympiakos. as for figo i think he could if a team was build around him with him playing as a classic number ten with others doing the donkey work for him.. i saw blanco playing for mexico and he is 37 figo and zidane both look in better shape than him

well in my opinion brazilian ronaldo is the best player of modern day. Maradona of ALL TIME.

ronaldo when he was at barca was just out of this world. i truly believe he was at his best in that one year he spent at barca what a player he was definitely the best striker i have ever seen

anyone think that ZZ could still do well at the top level after his display on Soccer Aid last week? I thought he was really good and also Figo was.

he should go to mls.......make sum good money here

An absolute legend, the best player i have ever seen. I am a united fan and he gave our so called world class midfield at the time ( beckham, keane, scholes & giggs ) an absolute masterclass when he played against us. Most people who love football being played the way he played the game won't remember him just for his headbutt but his class and style. It is even better he did what he did cos its shows his fans that he is human and if matterazzi would have done the same to me he wouldn't just got a headbutt...LOL

Zizou is in the legends database and the guy I think did a very good job with his attributes.

Here they are, in case anyone is interested :

Crossing 15

Dribbling 17

Finish 11

Headers 14

Long shot 15

Marking 6

Passing 20

Tackling 7

First Touch 20

Technique 20

Penalties 16

Corners 14

Free Kicks 19

Long throw 4

Aggression 16

Anticipation 17

Bravery 14

Composure 18

Concentration 15

Creativity 20

Decisions 17

Determination 15

Flair 20

Influence 16

Off the ball 16

Positioning 11

Team Work 18

Work Rate 12

Acceleration 14

Agility 15

Balance 14

Jumping 13

Natural fitness 15

Pace 14

Stamina 15

Strength 12

PPM's : Killer Balls often, Curls ball, Dwells on Ball.

Basically he's a player maxed out on creativity and technique. About right in my opinion.

i think you have to appreciate the greatness of each player individualy.....some only had one or two great seasons like ronaldinho and rivaldo while the true greats had a whole career if brilliance....eg cruijff beckenbaur maradonna

Archived