Schmeichels FM 2007 Update

Would you play this when its ready to download?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play this when its ready to download?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MMuse! Alright bud, AJ - Adam Johnson right? I dont know if hes a -10 or not is that his potential in fm 2011?

Just had a look and its -9...

-9? Argh! :p arf :D He's...well, I won't say what his PA is, but it's in the -9 area in FM11 and I think that's right really, I'm just biased. lol

I need to give this a proper go soz guv, started new job last week so things been bit more hectic but I'll be giving it a proper play soon. :thup:

LOL, im still updating as theres still some to do but Prem is pretty much done. Things like backroom staff needs a little tweak here and there. Just started a new career with Leicester City, doing ok so far the Yak and Vassell banging them in..Spurs interested in Vassell.

Hi. Haven't checked in for a bit.

Firstly, thanks Backulf for uploading it to MegaUpload. Sadly it too hates me and has blocked my IP address for some reason, so that doesn't work for me as well. :(

It feels horrible that I'm destined to never play this great database. It looks increasingly like I'm the only one with problems.

Argh, so frustrating.

BenArsenal - try this mate it might work - http://cid-96b72ba36fc1215d.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Schmeichels%20FM%202007%20Update.rar

When you click on the link, it will take you too my public folders, then theres a download button just above the file. Its in RAR format. Let me know how you get on.

BenArsenal - try this mate it might work - http://cid-96b72ba36fc1215d.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Schmeichels%20FM%202007%20Update.rar

When you click on the link, it will take you too my public folders, then theres a download button just above the file. Its in RAR format. Let me know how you get on.

Hey,

Thanks so much mate, for going to all that trouble. Sorry for that.

Am downloading it now. Hopefully it works. :)

EDIT: Managed to download it fine, but it doesn't load on the game.

Sigh. Never mind. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT 2: I think it's because I don't have the 7.02 patch. I'll download that and try again.

• 2 weeks later...

Really sorry to hear that mate, it's always a terrible time when a family member passes away. :( Thoughts are with ya.

I'm off work for a few days so currently contemplating returning to where my FM07 editing project first started...FM08! :p Headaches, tension, stress.....it's strangely good to be back editing! :p arf :D

Although it probably is on you list to do, but there are 3 clubs in Serie B still with there points deductions for match fixing (duplicate clubs required). Is this the case?

Also Damien Comolli is still the Director of Football at Tottenham (now at Liverpool)

Is it just me or does the actual match engine seem different on this database?

I have played this quite a bit and it just seems off compared to the official 702 patch. The match seems more 2008 or 2009 FM. Players not tackling, miss control, wild shots etc.

On the 702 patch I had a killer 4-4-2 which never failed to work. I.E. Aston Villa champions within 3 years, players like Young and Maloney and Luke Moore world class.

On this update I cant do nothing with the exact same formation, Young for example is garbage in the same position as on 702.

Any reasons for this or like I said is it just me imagining the match engine is different?

Is it just me or does the actual match engine seem different on this database?

I have played this quite a bit and it just seems off compared to the official 702 patch. The match seems more 2008 or 2009 FM. Players not tackling, miss control, wild shots etc.

On the 702 patch I had a killer 4-4-2 which never failed to work. I.E. Aston Villa champions within 3 years, players like Young and Maloney and Luke Moore world class.

On this update I cant do nothing with the exact same formation, Young for example is garbage in the same position as on 702.

Any reasons for this or like I said is it just me imagining the match engine is different?

Hey, what's wrong with FM08? :p:D

As the man himself says, it's the original 7.0.2 db with his update changes, the data updates don't/can't change anything with the game itself (A.I., etc.). The only thing it may be is if mr. keeper has changed certain player stats, a decrease in a player's Consistency and/or Important Matches attributes (visible only by looking in the editor) could alter a player's form. Changing other stats for a player that are visible in-game will have an effect too of course.

Have you checked Young's profile for any noticeable changes? Perhaps his speed/work rate/etc. have been updated to more realistic ratings in this update? Even things like a player's prefered position(s) and/or foot may have an effect on your previous game.

Looking away from players, have your team's (I'm presuming Villa..? :)) staff been updated? A change of staff (along with their preferences/attributes) can have a big effect on team morale and training also.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hey,

Thanks so much mate, for going to all that trouble. Sorry for that.

Am downloading it now. Hopefully it works. :)

EDIT: Managed to download it fine, but it doesn't load on the game.

Sigh. Never mind. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT 2: I think it's because I don't have the 7.02 patch. I'll download that and try again.

Where can I download the 7.02 patch from as can';t waitto have a crack at this!!!

Where can I download the 7.02 patch from as can';t waitto have a crack at this!!!

Just Google 'football manager 7.0.2' and sites will come up that are still listing the patch for download. I've just done it now and found these two:

http://www.shacknews.com/file/10039/football-manager-2007-patch-702

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/Football-Manager-2007-702-Patch.shtml

Both look like legit file download sites, but of course 'use at your own risk', etc.. :) If you have any trouble, I can try uploading my patch, but one of them should be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Paz7- The ages havent been touched so they will age normal, when you hit todays real date they will be the right age. Changing players ages would be a tremendous amount of time on something which changes normally. Saying that i did contemplate it, but it is a mountain i defo dont want to climb.

NPHatton - So far im Upto Liverpool, all transfers done to the previous teams, havent touched Euro teams yet.. Alot to do but im on it at least once a day. I dont want to say a date yet, as itll get people excited. But its coming on with everyday.

Will post pics later to show how much ive done.

Hope everyone is well.

Cracking news Keep's! I shall look forward to giving it a whirl! :thup: sounds like a lot of work's gone in to it.

Makes a change for me at the mo, actually dragging myself away from editing the game to actually play the darn thing..! :p lol (well, different FM version, but it's all the same pain! lol)

PS: Yes, we will defo have to play FIFA soon, I mean the '12 demo's out next week! lol ...and COD too! :thup::D

got linked here from the dugout, signed up just to say thanks for doing this! am playing the latest release atm, but will definately be downloaded the august update as soon as it's live. FM07 is without a doubt the best one, and having up to date squads is the icing on the cake! thank you so much for the time and effort you put into it mate, it's very much apprieciated!

It is a good update but it does have some problems, especially in the long term in regard to the player ageing thing.

For example, my club Aston Villa. In reality players like Delph, Bannan, Albrighton, Clark, Delfouneso, Herd etc. are now current important and active members of the squad and 1st team.

Yet when you start this game they are 15-16 years old, do not have the correct positions assigned, and in some cases are really poor players with no chance in hell of becoming a pro.

Which leaves you with maybe 16 or 17 experienced pro players in the squad at the start which just isnt enough. So a major assault on the transfer market is needed immediately which in real life would not be needed, if you see what I mean.

I assume its the same for other clubs who have had a high number of youngsters come through the system over the last 5 years or so?

• 2 weeks later...

mark49s - Thanks mate - Will be uploading a new Database today bud! Hope you enjoy

master_fromthecrown - I understand what your saying mate, but to go through and tinker with everyones age is something im not doing. Obviously if thats what you want feel free and tinker.

Backulf - go into your virus program and make it ignore the fm.exe process.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should be uploading an new database in the next hour!

Is there anyway to change the start date when starting a new game?

Oh, 'fraid not guv, the start year is hard coded into the game itself and can't be changed without a fair bit of programming knowledge I'd imagine.

A few other things such as club points deductions are hard coded as well.

• 2 weeks later...
hi guysi have downloaded the game, but been unable to get the game to run! any advice from anyone? is it becauce i have the orginal fm2007 loaded? cheers guys
Have you got the latest FM07 patch installed as well? Most updates won't run without it.