Schmeichels FM 2007 Update

Would you play this when its ready to download?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play this when its ready to download?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an Arsenal fan so I can only really comment about those, but you still have Gallas, Campbell and Silvestre as part of the Arsenal team. Gallas has gone to Tottenham, Campbell Newcastle and Silvestre is a free agent (I think). Also Arsenal have signed Squillaci from Sevilla (although probably Lyons in 2007).

Is there a way to start the season in 2010 as opposed to 2007? This is mainly because of the ages of players and things like that - Alex Song is part of the Arsenal reserves, and Wilshere and Vela are U18s, which is right for 2007 but they've now made the first team...

@ WT209 - Im currently working on an update, been quite busy with things outside of FM2007. As for changing the start date this would be a huge taker of time dude. Changing some players ages would mean changing all - and thats a mountain i would prefer not to climb. Sorry :( As for the players you've noticed thanks for that im currently putting a list together of all this so it all helps in a positive way man!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey One hell of a keeper, how's it going with the update? The transfer window has closed and by now all teams should be more or less fixed. Do you have all the info/transfers, you think?

You're doing one hell of a job, really nice work :D Can't wait to test out the finished database!

Cheers from Norway

I'm an Arsenal fan so I can only really comment about those, but you still have Gallas, Campbell and Silvestre as part of the Arsenal team. Gallas has gone to Tottenham, Campbell Newcastle and Silvestre is a free agent (I think).

Silvestre went from Arsenal to Werder Bremen

Right guys ive been up the walls recently, basically somehow ive contracted some sort of virus which has made my computer unusable. Tried to recover my work i had done so far - and i couldnt. So im gonna have to start from scratch...this is sooooooooooooooooooo frustrating!! I was hoping to put it up about two days ago aswell..

Please bear with me and sorry guys....Also lost my 43gbs of music which im also devastated about..

Hope everyones well though!

Wow man, that sucks bigtime :( Well, you don't need to start from scratch? You can use the 0.990 version and start from there, can't you?

Anyways, this was really boring for you :/ Hope you're well too! Keep up the good work, it's much appreciated!

You have my sympathies guv, I've had editor crashes and PC failures in the past that have cost me weeks of editing data that had me tearing my hair out at the time.

I always keep an extra folder handy and back up all my data into it now every time I save my editing which limits the amount of re-doing of stuff I'd have to do if something goes wrong, but it's still very frustrating when something like this happens.

Hope you get back on track soon. :thup:

Right guys ive been up the walls recently, basically somehow ive contracted some sort of virus which has made my computer unusable. Tried to recover my work i had done so far - and i couldnt. So im gonna have to start from scratch...this is sooooooooooooooooooo frustrating!! I was hoping to put it up about two days ago aswell..

Please bear with me and sorry guys....Also lost my 43gbs of music which im also devastated about..

Hope everyones well though!

Ahhh, so close. :(

No worries. We'll wait. Good things come to those who wait. :)

Hey guys, thanks for your considerate posts! :) I'm currently updating and im upto Man City (actually just finished them). So please be patient, and if you have any ideas players you think should be in this database please post here. Again thanks for looking and hope you are all well!

I was thinking about the youngsters that had a bit of a breakthrough in this world cup - Mesut Özil, Thomas Müller, Sami Khedira etc, but I think you already have added/transferred these as they are at major clubs in Europe ;)

One that for sure isn't in the original database (though I don't know if you already put him in the 0,990 version) is 18 year old Neymar of Santos, Brazil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neymar). Really one to watch out for!

Done Silvestre, ive got a feeling its about 25%-35% done upto what i would expect. I was supposed to have this week off but ive been called to work. Annoying as i wanted to crack this out before i went on holiday to spain on Friday. So ive got that as a goal at the moment..

Hope everyones well!

Hey everyone - as i had a small suspicion its still not ready, so im leaving for spain tonight, and should be back on the 8th for a release. It wont be a 100% version but a better one than what ive got already. Hope everyones well and enjoying themselves!

Great stuff guv, downloading it now, thanks. :thup:

I've had to put my FM07 project on at least temporary hiatus due to the huge amount of time involved doing something like this (so yer now the only one, no pressure like.. lol), so ya have my kudos for doing this. :)

I look forward to giving it a go and seeing the update continue into the future.

hey man, was just wondering, i like to play german leagues quite a lot, and you're done a mammoth job already, so thought i might try adapt yours, do you have a source you get all the most uptodate stuff from or just plough through wikipedia or somethin? also have you found any shortcuts or is it a matter of finding every player and changing contract etc? and how do you allow for abilities both ca and pa of people you created an people that arent up to date from 2007? finally, did you find any sneaky way through the coding to add an extra year on everyones contracts so that every player hasnt just joined there club june 2006? sorry for the esay, im bit of an amateur editor. good luck with the rest

georgel2384 - 1.00 not ready yet buddy! Soon i promise! As for the pictures - there was a french megapack on the net by the French FM team, ill find it for you includes all you need..

sxr864 - Well i use alot of the media so newspapers, magazines (world soccer for one), also websites

http://www.goal.com/en/scores/transfer-zone?lid=47 (german transfers)

http://www.betinf.com/germany_transfer.htm (more German Transfers)

They are just a few - wikipedia helps massively regarding backroom staff etc, stadium sizes, new future stadia. What i usually do is bring up the team for example, Bayern, then have the squad list open in the editor then have the squad list open on wikipedia and then make sure it matches, but i also use their club website too as sometimes Wiki can be wrong.. For the newly created people i open the 2010 editor and first see if they are in there, if they are copy stats over "manually"...lol If not find as much in depth info on them as possible. height/weight/place of birth etc.. as for CA/PA its a case of weather or not they are regarded as a future legend etc..its down to you - but you have to be realistic..

As for adding an extra year i dont know how to do that im afraid...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, you're a busy man I guess. It shouldn't be too long until the 1.00 release i hope, but an addition to the db is that Ole Gunnar Solskjær today announced that he will be the manager of Molde FK (Norwegian league) starting on the 10th of January 2011 on 3,5 year contract worth 2,4 million NOK (about £257000) per year. He also brings two coaches with him from ManUtd: Mark Dempsey as First team coach and Richard Hartis as keeper coach.

Keep up the good work!

raulmadrid1998: Hopefully Soon been very busy and knackered with my new plumbing job..So please be patient

Torels: Hey man, i will add this to the new database! Thanks for the info!

Hopefully soon i will release a new database, been doing some strange hours at work so this hasnt enabled me to find time to work on this, but please hang in there and i will try to complete soon!

Legend.

What a waste FM2011 is! It's just this (07) with interface & graphic changes + updated player database. Who wants to waste their time having a conversation with a player! You just want to tick a box thank you.

Got this running with Fm2007, Patch 7.0.2, Aero Skin and the Megapack from fmcentre.fr. 2007 is still the best, 4 years on.

FM 11's great but FM 07 is indeed truly a classic. :thup: and KUTGW on this update guv, can't wait to give the version a go! :)

As for adding an extra year onto player contracts as sxr864 suggested, this is called 'player cleansing' (for some reason :)) and can be done by simply reducing the player's join date year and contract start by 1 (eg. for FM07, a signing from last season will have a contract start of 30/6/2005 usually) to show he's been there for a year already.

It conflicts with the player's history then of course, but this doesn't seem to crash the game though in my experience. I didn't do it for everyone in my update though simply 'cos it takes a while to do for each player. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys sorry about the shocking communication, been very busy and had no time to put into this. This week im gonna do a massive edit on this database and get it as much uptodate as i can. If any of you guys know of any new moves/manager moves/special circumstances etc that you would like to be implemented into the database then please let me know. Hope everyones getting in the Xmas cheer!

Just finished updating Sunderland, starting Tottenham, WBA, West Ham and Wigan & Wolves. Then ill do a check on euro teams, the big guns aswell as Europa League hopefulls. Any new talents that i should know about please let me know!

Hope everyones well!

On a side note has anyone played Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit?? Ive been addicted to that game for the last few weeks - so good. Anyone got a PS3 ID ill add ya!

Excellente, great to see ya back mr. keeper! :thup::D

Your editing speed is insane! :p Looking forward to the update! As for input, Gai Assulin has signed with Man City and of course the whole ownership at Blackburn has changed and Allardyce and his assistant have left the club if you've not got that down.

There used to be a great transfers thread in here that I used for my update, I presume it's still about.

I've been 50/50 'bout getting Hot Pursuit for few weeks now as it happens (along with MOH and Fable 3 as well), I played the demo a couple of times but felt the handling and overall difficulty was too tough for me, which was a shame as I love the Burnout games.

I wasn't sure whether it'd get repetitive for me too, but the more I see and read of it, the more I think whether I should just give it a shot.

D'ya mostly play it online then? I'm presuming the online modes are mostly like the SP with a team of cops trying to takedown the criminals?

I'm on my PS3 much more than my PC, usually play Black Ops, BF: BC2 and FIFA online, though have become addicted to Borderlands this week. :)

MMuse - thanks for the comments buddy & the usefull info! Will implement today! Yeah i think i rememeber that forum on the transfers!

Mate, Hot Pursuit is awesome i thought that same thing - that it would get samey samey, but its so addictive! You get used to it after a while, by that i mean the hardness of the game. After a while drifting is easy! Yeah im alot online, i play FIFA 11 online, got PES 2011 but thats taken a backshelf atm. Alot of Modern Warfare 2. My PSN Id is greentrunk.