Schmeichels FM 2007 Update

Would you play this when its ready to download?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play this when its ready to download?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm very much looking forward to the latest update! have been playing with the older version for sometime, looks like you're doing a great job updating all the teams & creating the new players! have bookmarked the thread, will be looking forward to the big release!

• 4 weeks later...

wackettdagenham - yeah i've gone over this and ammended this. Sorry for the break in communication guys, been distracted with other things. At the moment i've gone over the teams and its lookingood so far. Expect a full 100% Premier League soon!

lucsoleira - It will be out soon, just been delayed.

wackettdagenham - yeah i've gone over this and ammended this. Sorry for the break in communication guys, been distracted with other things. At the moment i've gone over the teams and its lookingood so far. Expect a full 100% Premier League soon!

lucsoleira - It will be out soon, just been delayed.

cant wait mate - looking forward to it! thanks for the updates :)

So this morning i decided that players who have agreed to join a club and a fee has been agreed will not be available straightaway. So this can reflect real life a bit more naturally. So for example Llorente will have a transfer agreed untill the end of the first season. Otherwise imo its not reflecting the modern day. Hope thats cool with you guys.

Hey guys - latest offering has just been uploaded onto the main page of this post. Version 1.3 - remember guys the prem is 80-85% completed. Should be done in the next few days.

After booting up the game straightaway i've seen a few errors, such as -

Kyle Walker shouldnt be at Villa on loan

J. Jenas shouldnt be at Villa on loan

Denis Stracqualursi has returned to San Lorenzo

Sahin on loan at Liverpool

M.Johnson from City released

Ben Alnwick cancelled loan and moved to Barnsley

Matthew Bates moved from Boro to Bristol City

Jon Grounds moved from Norwich to Oldham

Harry Kane moved loan club to Leicester City

Chris Killen removed loan and club and moved to Chongqing F.C. (China)

Just editing Southampton FC at the moment, i've decided to scrap the idea of releasing another update. Rather than concentrate on the whole Premier League release that then continue editing. Hope everyones having a good friday! :)

becksstretchingpsgschme.png

Ok make sure you have the last update for fm 2007, extract the files to the db directory. Then load up the game and it should present it's self.

aye done all that, but for some reason it didn't show up either in game or in the editor. I've got it working now though! :D Just overwrote an older db i don't use anymore and managed to get it that way. I've not had an indepth look yet but from what i've seen you've done a cracking job here mate! Thanks again for all your hard work!

Had the same problem as you Mark. Make sure that the directory name of Schmeichels update (in Sports Interactive/FM 2007/db/...) is exactly the same as the name in the XML file (in this case it's "Schmeichels FM 2007 Update").

Works perfectly here, allready finished one season :D, but I have noticed some incorrect things:

- At the beginning of the 1st season, Arsène Wenger goes to Porto (started a game 3 times and it happened 3 times)

- WBA has no manager at the beginning

- PSG goes bankrupt at the end of the first season, probably because they don't have a sugar daddy

- Roy Hodgson is not the manager of England at the beginning

Had the same problem as you Mark. Make sure that the directory name of Schmeichels update (in Sports Interactive/FM 2007/db/...) is exactly the same as the name in the XML file (in this case it's "Schmeichels FM 2007 Update").

Bingo, thats solved it. Cheers mate! :)

PS. as for corrections etc, only ones i've found are Angelo Henriquez (Man Utd), is listed as a GK instead of a ST, and Andreas Weimann is on loan at Watford, instead of being at Villa. You've done a great job here mate!

Excellent, thanks.

Only problem is i was going to have a go with Chelsea playing Hazard, Mata and Oscar but they aren't old enough yet :D Oscar being 14 and Hazard being 15. No worries though, haven't played it for quite a while and will get a game going later. :thup:

Mark49s - thanks for the information buddy will implement it now! :)

Drunk Beware - Yes this was one of the issues i thought of when i first started - but makes it more enjoyable and more realistic. :)

For some strange reason at Newcastle Moussa Sissoko wasnt there still plying his trade at Toulouse so moved him to St James's. Corrected the Weimann error. Regarding Henriquez i completely forgot to put a position on his data doh! :)

Works perfectly here, allready finished one season :D, but I have noticed some incorrect things:

- At the beginning of the 1st season, Arsène Wenger goes to Porto (started a game 3 times and it happened 3 times)

- WBA has no manager at the beginning

- PSG goes bankrupt at the end of the first season, probably because they don't have a sugar daddy

- Roy Hodgson is not the manager of England at the beginning

------------------------------------------------------------

Had a look into this, mirrored Wengers stats to FM 2013's ones. Also put the Porto manager Vitor Pereira in there so that should sort that. Also Steve Clarke at WBA, PSG finances sorted. Regarding Roy as England manager, i put him there so it would be based on real life.

Thanks buddy, I've noticed one or two minor tweaks which I'll upload when I get in this evening.

Latest tweaked db is up and links updated to go to latest one which is version 2.04

Guys I must point out that European wise i haven't touched it much yet, so expect alot of errors. This i'm going to be working on over the next month.

Any silly errors or something that doesn't look right regarding UK based then please let me know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys its come to my attention that some people are having difficulty playing on this database. If you could let me know if you have any problems. Also if you have any recommendations on how it could be easier for

everyone then i'm all ears :) hope everyone is having a great Friday!

• 2 weeks later...

Works fine for me matey!

The only thing i've noticed - and it's not something you've done - is that the game allows players to be 13 or over. Anyone whose birth year is 1993 and beyond (I *think* it's 93, I don't have the game open atm) reverts to being 16 or upwards. An example of this is Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), whose birthday is Dec 1994 - and is 18 in real life at the moment - appears as a 16 year old. Thought i'd mention that in case some people start asking about age discrepancies!

That aside, the only thing i've done is add some players to Watford FC (as they're my local team), Almunia as Gk, a couple of loan singings (Marco Cassetti , Alex Geijo, Matt Briggs & Daniel Pudil) i've also made Udinese & Granada CF parent teams due to the Chairman owning them all IRL. I added Matej Vybra (on loan) using this screenshot from a later FM, but as he starts as a 14 year old, it's not exactly a big change. Like I said, only made those changes as they're my local team, I don't know enough about Championship football to make any others, and i'm sure you don't particularly want to nitpick every team! ;) Not huge changes, and i'm sure most aren't that bothered about WAtford! Thanks for all the work you've put in mate, it's awesome! :D

Mark49s - thanks for your reply! Interesting stuff there. So what your saying there is that it won't let you create a player younger than 1993. I'll do some testing on this and post back. This is a spanner in the works as it's not replicating what I want it to do. If this is happening I can't see this carrying on as then it won't be as I would like the project to be. I'll have a think. Maybe there's something in the configuration files which determine this? I'll have a snoop around and also post around and see if this is affecting others. You weren't nitpicking, I haven't even touched Watford yet. I was thinking about their chairman and if it was possible to have him owner of more than one club?

I believe that that is the case, i've yet to see a player who is younger than 13 unfortunately, though I could well be wrong (and hope i am!). As for the config files it'd take a mind a lot greater than mine to understand how those things work! as for the chairman I tried it, but it seems that a Chairman can only own one club. I suppose a way around it would be making three Giampaolo Pozzo's with identical stats then having those free clubs as parents/feeders with "shares the same board"?

Ah i see, yes i see what your saying regarding the chairman sharing clubs. I just need to see if its possible to create younger players as i think if thats the case then I feel it might be the end of the project. Ill do some testing this week and then report back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Before anyone thinks im having a go at this update im not, its actually very good and I would love to play it....however its simply not playable with the ages as they were in 2006, too much time has passed now we are in 2013.

Example:

Aston Villa - The game starts with them having 10 playable full time professional footballers (3 of who are goalkeepers), so you can pick from basically 7 outfield players.....with no money for transfers i might add.

The reason is that current first team players Lowton, Clark, Baker, Delph, Bennett, Sylla, Bannan, Westwood, Albrighton, Benteke, Bowery, Weimann are all at there 2006 ages so they are 13,14 or 15.

Its pretty much the same situation for every team in the league with at least 10 players needed to be brought in immediately. Unless of course half the team and 75% of the squad are filled with schoolchildren, a situation that would never occur.

master_fromthecrown - thanks for your feedback bud. I agree this is an issue given the amount of time that has passed. I know there still are people who would like to play this, but in certain situations eg.Villa there are cases where its simply not that much pick up and play factor. The only way round this would be to bring in some frees, or ask your chairman for some £? Thanks again for your positive feedback.

• 1 month later...

Hey mate, i have to say its great to see someone keeping a classic game alive, to me FM 2007 was definatly when they got the game right, ive never actually played FM 2007 for many years but i think i might give it another bash before FM 2014 comes out. Anyway may i suggest an idea? Well here it is there are some great logos out nowadays why dont you rezise a pack you like and include this in yur update with permission of the logo makers of course and also kits etc i believe alot more people would use it this way as alot of people dont want to search the net to find kits , logos for the game.

Great update anyway:thup:

Hey Scotty1974 - thanks for the nice comment buddy - I agree its just so much easier to get around in this version. In the current one its just so busy. I have thought this Scotty194, currently on my PC i have all kits for last season national and club. Im looking into a Logo and Kit self installer so its a piece of pie to install.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys i was going to wait for the transfer window to shut close then hammer this - but i've started already. Currently completed Villa. As for a estimated release, it just depends on how much time i can give to this. Thanks for all your nice comments guys! Three days to go to the start of the premier league! Can't wait!

Just an update guys, today ive spent at least 3-5 hours removing old players and making them non-players so coaches etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Just uploading what I've been doing recently, bearing in mind that this is an overhaul and i've had to go over the old teams. Done upto Chelsea so far on this one.

So far in this 2.39 update

Cleaned out alot of older players who are now coaches, managers, scouts etc

recent signinigs added

Backroom staff changed around

Lots of things to do and still doing lots everyday. Hope you guys like it!

• 2 weeks later...