Critique of Board Confidence - So much potential...wasted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Finally (sorry, I've gone on a bit haven't I) when people say 'its a new feature' fair enough. I know how difficult it must be to programme a game like this, and SI do a great job in general. But, if you introduce a new feature, it should work well. Surely thats the point of testers? The people that buy the game should't be testing new features. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like Dave has said, testers saw all of these problems with the confidence section, as well as many other problems that were logged then fixed during the testing process. Unfortunately not every problem that is logged can be fixed, but thats not to say testers and the developers don't adknowledge an d see these problems as well.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stumostro:

I knew that the confidence issue needed to be addressed, but last night it annoyed me so much.

3 seasons in, took my Exeter team up from the BSP as champions in my first season, finished just off the play offs in League 2 in the next season. 3rd season, expectations in the league was to win it, i finished 2nd by 4 points and subsequently promoted. League cup and fa cup went out in the first round to teams 2 divisions above me and got slated for that. Johnstones Paint Trophy (or whatever it is called) they wanted me to get to the Semis, which i did but it said i only got to the quarters! Subsequently i got the sack, IRL the manager in that situation would have been given at least a half a season in at the next level! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there have been a fair few example of the fans not recording the right result in cups - there was a post on here the other week after someones board was "dissappointed to only have won the champions cup" - when he had got knocked out in the first round (or something similar, the user was an icelandic club...) - so there are plain old garden variety bugs as well as the things i've listed above.

While I agree with EVERYTHING the original poster stated was wrong with the current confidence feature, the aspect of it that has the worst impact on the game in my opinion was not mentioned.

That is that if you take over a club in the middle of a season, you have the exact same expectations as the start of the season and are judged for the performance of your predecessor.

My example of this was when I took the job of St Pats with little of the season remaining. The club were third in the league and about 12 points off top and so realistically the target would be to reach the play-offs. I got the team into the play-offs with a run of 7 wins, 2 draws and a defeat, coming a clear second, thrashing the table-toppers and coming close to winning the league. I then won the play-off semi but lost the away leg of the final 2-1 (giving us still a strong shout) but after this game I was sacked because I was still stuck with the expectation of winning the league.

It's ridiculously frustrating because I've really been struggling to get to grips with this game and that was my most successful period on it and I was sacked after a lot of hard work with one game to play for stupid reasons. It doesn't happen like that as is proven by the case of Juande Ramos. Spurs were aiming for the top four at the start of the season but despite Ramos taking over early on in the season, a top-half finish would probably be accepted now by most Spurs fans and they are a club that tends to aim higher than they perhaps have any right too so I think that speaks volumes.

One of the most fun elements of the game is to take over a club in mid-season and try to turn their fortunes around and it is almost impossible to do this without winning every game because of the errors in the confidence system. It's a fantastic game but I just wish there was a way of stopping this.

Right now I'm starting a game where I'm taking over the team bottom of the Premiership at Christmas to try to keep them up but I know there is a chance that if it is a club like Spurs or Everton I could find myself sacked after just one defeat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">However, I have 100% confidence in SI to fix this, be it in a patch or new version, it will be fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oooh the irony!! icon_smile.gif

However, I'm in a no-win situation as I just took the Nigeria job and my goal is to 'easily qualify from the second round of the world cup qualifiers'.

Sadly there's only 2 games to go, and they're in 3rd with 17 points with 2nd and 1st place having 18 and 20 points.

Not asking for a lot!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

They are entirely obvious, and were all registered last summer, within about 5 minutes of testing getting underway. And to be honest, SI themselves probably logged them long before that.

As you say, there are deadlines etc.

If it's the same next year, we should be burning the building down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, this isnt a pop at you Dave, as your just underlining the way it works but am I the only one who is getting a bit bored with this year after year? Hopefully we may get it fixed in the patch, but if not when will SI realise that fixes in the next release are not acceptable to the consumer?

Why? Well how about the areas that have needed to be fixed for years- such as the transfer market, the mess of a tactical interface, the limited media, the broken teamtalks etc etc.

Looking round these forums it sometimes seems that the cumulative effects of SI failing to address issues within FM that, do not work well or are just paperthin and nowhere near as fully formed as they could be is coming to a head with FM08.

Im bloody fed up with waiting for next year release after release, and it annoys me even more to know that SI were aware of these things 6 months ago and we are can only hope we get it fixed this year.

As a consumer I dont care for their deadlines and excuses- I just want to play the game not beta test it for next year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

They are entirely obvious, and were all registered last summer, within about 5 minutes of testing getting underway. And to be honest, SI themselves probably logged them long before that.

If it's the same next year, we should be burning the building down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, this isnt a pop at you Dave, as your just underlining the way it works but am I the only one who is getting a bit bored with this year after year? Hopefully we may get it fixed in the patch, but if not when will SI realise that fixes in the next release are not acceptable to the consumer?

Why? Well how about the areas that have needed to be fixed for years- such as the transfer market, the mess of a tactical interface, the limited media, the broken teamtalks etc etc.

Looking round these forums it sometimes seems that the cumulative effects of SI failing to address issues within FM that, do not work well or are just paperthin and nowhere near as fully formed as they could be is coming to a head with FM08.

Im bloody fed up with waiting for next year release after release, and it annoys me even more to know that SI were aware of these things 6 months ago and we are can only hope we get it fixed this year.

As a consumer I dont care for their deadlines and excuses- I just want to play the game not beta test it for next year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is so true, what I hear is wait till patch, then wait till next patch all over again for past couple of years. what ****es me most is that they seem to know about this and nothing happenes.

and they will tell me that they believe this is the best version.well maby for them it is... icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

As a consumer I dont care for their deadlines and excuses- I just want to play the game not beta test it for next year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this sums up how a lot of us are feeling, i just don't know why miles bothered with saying "it'll be out when it's ready" when people kept asking about the release date for FM08 - the game itself makes a bit of a mockery of his statement.

Oh well, all we can do is wait for a patch icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeorgieMc:

That is that if you take over a club in the middle of a season, you have the exact same expectations as the start of the season and are judged for the performance of your predecessor.

My example of this was when I took the job of St Pats with little of the season remaining. The club were third in the league and about 12 points off top and so realistically the target would be to reach the play-offs. I got the team into the play-offs with a run of 7 wins, 2 draws and a defeat, coming a clear second, thrashing the table-toppers and coming close to winning the league. I then won the play-off semi but lost the away leg of the final 2-1 (giving us still a strong shout) but after this game I was sacked because I was still stuck with the expectation of winning the league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is ridiculous.

Its been the case for awhile - for example, when I took over Sheffield in the FM'05 save that was the basis for my story, there were two matches remaining in the season, and the club was in the thick of the fight for the playoffs.

Whether the board's pre-season expectation was "win the league" or "battle bravely against relegation", their choices of expectation to me should have been limited to:

<LI>Win promotion through the playoffs

<LI>Qualify for the playoffs, or

<LI>Strengthen the squad for next season

... and I'd have felt hard-done-by if they'd sacked me for failure to meet either of the first two, though giving me a shorter rope the following season would probably have been understandable.

It felt ludicrous to have them not mention the impending playoff battle!

The same is true for your relegation-battler example: if you take over the team bottom of the Premiership at Christmas, your short-term goal should be either:

<LI>Save the team from relegation

<LI>Battle bravely against relegation, or

<LI>Strengthen the squad for next season

Surely there's nothing else that's reasonable!

It definitely needs sorting out...

The worst is when the board does something and then blames you for the financial consequences.

Someone posted an example where they got their lower-league club promoted, the board blew money the club didn't have on under-soil heating and blamed the manager for the finances being pish. icon_confused.gif

It would be like your driver instructor pushing their gas pedal down and when you hit something looking at you going "Why did you do that?!"

Please fix it SI. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Ultimate_Red_Devil:

It definitely needs sorting out...

The worst is when the board does something and then blames you for the financial consequences.

Someone posted an example where they got their lower-league club promoted, the board blew money the club didn't have on under-soil heating and blamed the manager for the finances being pish. icon_confused.gif

It would be like your driver instructor pushing their gas pedal down and when you hit something looking at you going "Why did you do that?!"

Please fix it SI. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh oh, a car anology!

It is very irritating when the board blame you for their own financial mess - it would be like the glazers blaming fergie for the debt that they've put on old trafford lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by

It would be like your driver instructor pushing their gas pedal down and when you hit something looking at you going "Why did you do that?!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, off topic, but on topic to your paragraph, and too funny not to describe:

When I turned 16, I went in for my drivers-license exam, which includes a behind-the-wheel part of the test.

My examiner looked a bit shaky and nervous, but got us under way, and we were doing pretty well, when we came to a stop sign. "Go straight", he said - and the road we were to cross was sloping, maybe 100 yards down from the crest of the hill, posted speed of 25mph.

I looked left - nothing. I looked right - nothing. I applied the gas, glancing back to my left as we entered the intersection.

To my horror, a big black pickup truck was cresting the hill, doing some 50-60mph, heavy metal blaring ..

I'm already in the intersection, so I floored the gas: let me clear out of the intersection as quickly as I can!!!

My examiner grabs the e-brake, bringing us to a complete halt precisely in the path of the vehicle.

Fortunately, the driver yanks the wheel hard left, skidding through a turn onto the road I'm going to go onto: he literally skids wide enough that his right-side tires bounce off the curb.

Examiner: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Your instincts were correct, you did the right thing.

"But, since I took control of the vehicle, I'm afraid I automatically have to fail you."

... in conversation on the drive back, it turns out: its his first day on the job; the last person tested was an terrifying driver; and he's going to go straight to his boss and quit, now. icon_biggrin.gif

coda: when the required 6 weeks had passed, and I could take the test again, I passed. I scored 97 out of 100 - the examiner dinged me 3 points for "being too tentative" at the same stop sign. icon_wink.gif

/off-topic.

The Board Confidence part of the game just isn't realistic. I've just Shrewsbury Town promoted in my second season and after a few defeats in pre-season friendlies they tell me I should be performing better!

Also what happened to sticking together as a team. I say I'm annoyed about a sending off and support my player and the board tell me to keep quiet. It seems silly speaking to the media as generally you get punished for it!

I'm still enjoying the game though icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Suge:

It's a completely new implementation of an old feature so SI should be given time to sort it. Yes, I agree that in it's current state it's pretty much gone t*ts up (I too have experienced this when I was promoted twice in four seasons, getting the team to their highest EVER league finish on the way. Yet still my confidence remained at satisfied even though I am currently 6th in the league with a media prediction of 24th) and is unrealistic to a degree.

However, I have 100% confidence in SI to fix this, be it in a patch or new version, it will be fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont know why you have 100% confidence in si to fix it? they have a pretty poor track record on these things. e.g stadium expansion bug has appeared in ever out of the box version of the game for years. it will normally get fixed in a patch, but then re-appear in the next new release. si are intrinsically sloppy at spotting and fixing bugs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Dave C - yes i appreciate it's a new feature, but i can't escape the feeling that the changes i've suggested are plainly obvious.

I'd come up with ideas along these lines within two seasons of play, so i just wonder why SI decided it was acceptable as it is, i know they have deadlines etc, but still it seems more rushed than just a new feature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rashidi1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Dave C - yes i appreciate it's a new feature, but i can't escape the feeling that the changes i've suggested are plainly obvious.

I'd come up with ideas along these lines within two seasons of play, so i just wonder why SI decided it was acceptable as it is, i know they have deadlines etc, but still it seems more rushed than just a new feature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Motion carried!

But I'll be disappointed if someting isn't done to fix this to some degree in the patch. It is one of the "features" that prevents me from playing some of the lower league teams since I seem to get sacked because of something the board has decided over my head. At least in the bigger clubs you have the financial resources to overcome the meddling board decisions.

I would like to raise two other points that have to do with board/fans confidence :

A) Using "unimportent" games to test youth & reserve players :

When you've had a good run & you're a head of your goals, with no chance at getting better results (or if you won a league with 2 games in hand) - Most managers would employ some rotation in these final games giving future prospects a chance to shine. I'm talking about 3-4 players mind you, IRL fans will see this for what it is, while in FM08 you'll get flamed if you ended the game with a draw vs a weaker team or a loss to a stronger team - & I'm specificly not talking about rivals.

B) No backing from Board when promoting smaller clubs - this is probably due to manager reputaion going up to slowly.

I have seen quite a few posts where people have stated that after reaching promotion they were not given any funds to work with (even when they had a very strong bank balance), then after they were sacked the new manager got a free hand.

Now this CAN happen IRL, but in FM it seems like the norm.

this might be a way to prevent consecutive promotions, but there must be a better way.

That's about it, just putting in my three pence.

P.S : Great Post Ched, very nicely writen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">oooh the irony!! icon_smile.gif

However, I'm in a no-win situation as I just took the Nigeria job and my goal is to 'easily qualify from the second round of the world cup qualifiers'.

Sadly there's only 2 games to go, and they're in 3rd with 17 points with 2nd and 1st place having 18 and 20 points.

Not asking for a lot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Similar thing happened to me (not starting with a clean slate), I joined Cameroon after a poor performance in the African Nations got the previous manager sacked.

Immediately the FA were 'disappointed with the dispay at the African Nations' and overall less than satisified.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olivne:

I would like to raise two other points that have to do with board/fans confidence :

When you've had a good run & you're a head of your goals, with no chance at getting better results (or if you won a league with 2 games in hand) - Most managers would employ some rotation in these final games giving future prospects a chance to shine. I'm talking about 3-4 players mind you, IRL fans will see this for what it is, while in FM08 you'll get flamed if you ended the game with a draw vs a weaker team or a loss to a stronger team - & I'm specificly not talking about rivals.

B) No backing from Board when promoting smaller clubs - this is probably due to manager reputaion going up to slowly.

I have seen quite a few posts where people have stated that after reaching promotion they were not given any funds to work with (even when they had a very strong bank balance), then after they were sacked the new manager got a free hand.

this might be a way to prevent consecutive promotions, but there must be a better way.

P.S : Great Post Ched, very nicely writen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couple of excellent points there - and something i would have hoped SI would have included first time round.

• 2 weeks later...

Extract from 8.0.2 fix list:

Board Confidence

================

- Fixed issue whereby some loan signings wouldn't be judged on the confidence 'signings' section.

- Fixed issue where some loan signings were being judged on thier previous club's outings

Oh well, guess we're going to have to wait for FM09 before board confidence gets fixed properly.

I wasn't expecting much to be changedm but i didn't think it was unreasonable to hope for a little more work than this. Guess SI felt there were more important issues.

Yeah, I think I was expecting a bit more on this area, too, Ched.

Obviously some of the suggestions in this thread came under the heading "new feature development", so I wasn't expecting a complete rebuild, but I did expect a few more of the bug fixes suggested. We can always hope for FM'09!

To be fair to SI, the sense that I'm getting is that the problem is typically in the messaging to the player. The forum's not been flooded with "I got sacked for losing the Charity Shield" posts icon_wink.gif. So I think its an area which looks worse than it actually is.

Extremely dissapointed if confidence hasn't been adressed. It was absolutely the main thing that made me stop playing my game and wait for the patch. Haven't tried the patch yet but the comments and the fix list suggest the confidence hasn't been tweaked. The SI people just seem to be ignoring us on this one.

I am obviously just speaking for myself here ...

If the board confidence isn't fixed, that makes the game unplayable for me. I have literally gone back to 7.0.2 and have enjoyed it much more because of the shots-to-goals ratio and the board confidence issues of 8.0.1. It appears the first one is fixed in 8.0.2, although I've heard rumblings of really high-scoring games, so not sure if that would be much better if that were true. But nothing on board confidence. I've just heard too many horror stories of people getting fired after taking a team in the middle of the season and winning 15-of-17 games to finish mid-table and getting let go for not being promoted, the original manager's expectation, as well as being expected to do things that are so far from reality it's not even funny (name one team in real life that has a "minimum expectation" to finish in the top two of every single competition they enter). And there are serious issues if you are expected to finish in the top half of the table (i.e. top 10 of 20), but are also expected to make the semifinals of a cup (top 4) - how does that make any sense? They need to be similar (if you're expected to finish top 10 in the league, you should be expected to make the quarterfinals or round of 16 in a cup).

I don't know - I'm downloading it right now (2:45 to go) so I'll give it a shot but if the board confidence isn't fixed I'm going to happily go back to 7.0.2 and wait to hear the reviews on 9.0.0 before I decide whether or not to buy that game.

Mate I feel your troubles..

With Man City after 8 great seasons 4 PM won 2 Cl 4 fa cup and many more i am about to get sacked

AFter winning Premier League and Champions League...

Yes u heard me i won the league and won the champions league and right now i am sitting at INSECURE and they refuse to offer me new contract because i ****ing lost charity shield super cup and league cup oh and that stupid world champions something..

Also right now they are very worried about my perfomance from last season when i WON CL and FA CUP! and finished 2nd !!!

Again Charity Shield and league cup really did great on my review...

And those morninc fans i bough 2 youngters 18~ to use them as sub in cuz they have talent..The stupid fans are right now doubting my judgement why i bough them and play them...

My expectaiton as Man City in my 8th season are

Win Charity Shield

Win League Cup

Final Fa Cup

Semina Final Champions League

Win Premier League

Win World Chapmionship Bla bla bal aif i am there

Win SUper Cup

And whatever happens dont lose to Man Utd or Bolton . . . cuz it will stay forever in their memories!!!

WTF its not possible to do this every season I understand once per 10 years i will manage to win everything but its ****ing annoying and impossible to do it non stop

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JReacher:

ITs official..

Bryan Robson was appointed as my repclament ...After doing a ****ing DOUBLE in my season...

This is amazing... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch.

Drown your sorrows in the latest Football Weekly Extra.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/footballweekly

daz this is normal onyl 8 games passed u have achieved nothing bassiclyicon_smile.gif

it really hurts when u win big cups and they are still unhappy ...

This season I ahve 32 wins 4 drawns 2 loses

its my best season ever in premier league and i got sacked icon_smile.gif can u imagine how frustated i feel??

beeing elected manager of the season and getting the sack this is great..And that fukcer Rainier Is not sacked..when he lost everythign icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JReacher:

daz this is normal onyl 8 games passed u have achieved nothing bassiclyicon_smile.gif

it really hurts when u win big cups and they are still unhappy ...

This season I ahve 32 wins 4 drawns 2 loses

its my best season ever in premier league and i got sacked icon_smile.gif can u imagine how frustated i feel??

beeing elected manager of the season and getting the sack this is great..And that fukcer Rainier Is not sacked..when he lost everythign icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup that is a bummer, same thing happened to me in the 8.0.1 patch, was rather hoping it would change in this new patch, early days yet, things may change hopefully icon_smile.gif

I just reloaded my game before i was sacked [ not renewed ]

The morons the board members says

"We are upset u DO NOTHING to achieve are LONG TEMR plan ]

However one positive is that we won the premier league...!!

I MEAN FOR HTE LOVE OF GOD MY STUPID LONGTERM PLAN WAS WINNING THE PREMIRE LEAGUE!!!!

I just reloaded my game before i was sacked [ not renewed ]

The morons the board members says

"We are upset u DO NOTHING to achieve are LONG TEMR plan ]

However one positive is that we won the premier league...!!

I MEAN FOR HTE LOVE OF GOD MY STUPID LONGTERM PLAN WAS WINNING THE PREMIRE LEAGUE!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Total contradiction from your board there lol

You tell me...

They should kiss my hand and feet Man City are richest club in the world and best team in england with man utd ...

4 Finals in Cl and 2 wins in 7 years and i am get.ing fired.. 5 leage wins in 9 years ffs..Seriosuly I should have been offered rolling contract... with no option to be sackeDicon_smile.gif

Yeah but my carrear is ruined i was ill last 3 days and played intesvily and now everything is lost!

For those 2 seasons during my "longterm plan"

1 Fa Cup

1 charity shield

1 Premier LEague

2x CL

and i am getting fired....Great .. ****ing great SI

I think i will never player this stupid game again

8 played days in this carrear and everything is lost cuz some stupid moron programmer dont have any common sense and neever played a single season to check if the objcetvies are realstic

JReacher - first, my condolences, but also, a suggestion. You can certainly "work around" getting sacked by creating a new manager and having him take over the (vacant) Manchester City position. That you keep working with the same players, etc. If you use the "former international" setting he should have plenty of reputation to start with, so things should go pretty smoothly.

Am i missing something, it sats in the sticky at the top. Board Confidence

================

- Got long-term expectations to update quicker once a team has effectively finished thier season (e.g team wins league with 10 games to go).

- Fixed long-term expectations confidence level getting set to zero if team gets to a higher division than it's long-term expectations and stays in that same division the following season.

- Got the board to offer new contracts to managers around 2 months before the end of thier deals instead of the existing one month, if deals get to that stage.

Surley this is what everyone wanted fixed.

bod1035, yeah, I think you're missing something. icon_wink.gif The changelist includes all fixes from 8.0.1 and 8.0.2. The section you listed is under the "Fixes included for 8.0.1" section.

Most of the discussion around this issue, e.g., Ched's original post, JReacher's tale of woe, etc., is based on games played with 8.0.1 - which seemed to indicate that there were still some problems in this area.

The bit Ched quoted earlier - two small lines having to do with loan signings - were the only "Board Confidence" items in the 8.0.2 fix list.

I am corrected, i missed the build line stating 801. So this must mean a. Si thinks its fine or b. its to big a job to fix in a patch. For my own part playing as Hampton and Richmond i have not had a problem with board confidence.(am not suggesting at all that there is not a problem as people are having a problem themselves).

Guest Jenno99

The weighting the board gives to the charity shield is laugable. They were happier I won that than the FA cup (the green thing was further across).

A fun little Premiership curtain raiser becomes one of the biggest games of the season. It is just a basic thing that I wouldn't have thought it would be that difficult to correct.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miemie:

Extremely dissapointed if confidence hasn't been adressed. It was absolutely the main thing that made me stop playing my game and wait for the patch. Haven't tried the patch yet but the comments and the fix list suggest the confidence hasn't been tweaked. The SI people just seem to be ignoring us on this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said.

I am VERY VERY disappointed that SI did nothing about the confidence issue. This is disgraceful !!!

It's the worst thing in the game if you want to build a career.

JReacher you have my sympathy I've had similar experiences and its simply not acceptable.

I promise never to buy another version of this game until this issue is fixed.

SI, you are a disappointment !

I knew that the confidence issue needed to be addressed, but last night it annoyed me so much.

3 seasons in, took my Exeter team up from the BSP as champions in my first season, finished just off the play offs in League 2 in the next season. 3rd season, expectations in the league was to win it, i finished 2nd by 4 points and subsequently promoted. League cup and fa cup went out in the first round to teams 2 divisions above me and got slated for that. Johnstones Paint Trophy (or whatever it is called) they wanted me to get to the Semis, which i did but it said i only got to the quarters! Subsequently i got the sack, IRL the manager in that situation would have been given at least a half a season in at the next level!

the johnstone's paint trophy is a bit strange. You must have reached the North or South semis whereas what the board mean is the north or south final because the winner of the north final plays the winner of the south final. a bit long-winded and the board don't explain it very well but basically the if they wanted you to reach the semis they mean the final of the North or South

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stumostro:

3 seasons in, took my Exeter team up from the BSP as champions in my first season, finished just off the play offs in League 2 in the next season. 3rd season, expectations in the league was to win it, i finished 2nd by 4 points and subsequently promoted. League cup and fa cup went out in the first round to teams 2 divisions above me and got slated for that. Johnstones Paint Trophy (or whatever it is called) they wanted me to get to the Semis, which i did but it said i only got to the quarters! Subsequently i got the sack, IRL the manager in that situation would have been given at least a half a season in at the next level! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in the johnstone's paint trophy, after the north and south finals, the 2 winners play each other to decide the overall winner. Yeah?

Therefore the North/south semi-final is actually the 1/4 final of the whole tournament.

the board doesn't explain this very well, should say NORTH/SOUTH semi-final. This happened to me when i was manager of Doncaster but i don't think this is a bug.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olivne:

P.S : Great Post Ched, very nicely writen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here. having won the premiership with aston villa in my second season with a game to spare, i decided to try out some my exciting young players (about 4 or 5). I lost the game 3-0 away to man city (my worst defeat of the season) and the fans told me it would 'take a long time to forget'

Archived