FM rage

Yeah I'm up there with the best of them. Or I should say worst really. :o

But I don't understand the OP and the Chair. :eek: I mean I used to get pretty mad when I conceded a goal in a big match/pivotal point in the season etc and when the flashing goal came across the screen I get pretty annoyed and act as some people have said. Its kind of a split second/in the moment reaction and after that I'm fine again.

But to throw a chair out of a window takes a bit of time and thinking (I presume the window was closed at the time and you had to open it) where as most 'FM rage moments' are usually sudden outburts in a negative manner - to let out some negative emotion/energy and you just go for the nearest thing/object etc. The 'chair' moment is the first I have heard in relation to FM! :D

I was in my downstairs study at the time and it was a glorious day so I had the front windows open. It was lucky they were open all else I would of threw the chair through them tbh.

I deleted FM straight afterwards and then installed it a week later. I was still annoyed 3 days later haha. I think I need FM anonymous.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was in my downstairs study at the time and it was a glorious day so I had the front windows open. It was lucky they were open all else I would of threw the chair through them tbh.

I deleted FM straight afterwards and then installed it a week later. I was still annoyed 3 days later haha. I think I need FM anonymous.

Well that's good to hear Sude! :D

Yesterday I lost a game in the 92nd minute and threw my mouse across the room and it broke into pieces.

I remember once I went unbeaten all the way through a season and lost the last game. I was so annoyed I threw my computer chair out of a window.

So far, i've done in about 3 mouses, 2 keyboards and 1 computer chair just from losing games on FM. The amazing thing is i'm the calmest person you will ever meet when FM isnt involved. As soon as I load up a game something sparks inside me and i'm glued to the screen for hours.

Anyone have any similar stories of FM rage?

Wow, ever thought of any kind of anger management therapy?

I'm happy that swearing is enough to vent my fury when my team lets me down...

Some other, non FM-related, episodes...

* I rebooted my PC by repeatedly kicking it after being killed for the Nth time in a multiplayer game of CoD2 with some pals. They still laugh themselves to tears while remembering how it sounded via Skype. And how calm I was when I called them back and explained what happened, just as if "oh, I kicked the case so hard the PC rebooted itself" was a casual comment about weather.

* I managed to rip a shelf out of its sockets, by shaking it in fury, after 3 hours of attempts to get my brand new 33.6k modem to work. Oh, it turned out the modem got fried during a storm the night before...

I told my parents "the shelf got loose when I leaned on it", but they didn't really buy that... they knew me all to well.

* I smashed a wireless mouse by hitting with a dictionary... Also the one I'm using has "lost" the battery cover and the buttons are in perfect shape.

* Every single gamepad I have owned, since the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive days, could have been used as a rattle. And/or hasn't died of a natural death. Only exception, the ultra-sturdy MasterSystem controller, and two faulty Gravis Xterminator that stopped working before I had the chance to brutalize.

* AA batteries leave noticeable dents in walls... And it's hard to come up with a good excuse for that...

I used to (we're talking about 1 or 2 years ago) just slam the palms of my hands down on my desk whenever 'injustice' occured on my FM.

Now, I just do the Andy Murray look of utter disappointment and get on the with the game. :p

I have very bad fm rage i am not a calm person anyway but fm makes me 1000x worse the worst instance was my wife thought it would be "funny" to switch the pc off after id played for about 3 hours without saving i walked back in and just punched the screen and broke it i am still quite a stress head but not as bad as i was i can accept defeat these days

I only in FM05 got so angry that punch the desk of my computer and it hurt so much (luckily i didn't break my hand) that vow to not angry due to computer game, my body thanks for this vow. :D

Either win or loose i FM is too relax and have fun. Also I know that I can't win it all matches.

FM always brings out the worst of me. It's different for me when I play online games on the Xbox, the fact that you can usually respawn instantly kind of takes the anger down a notch and you just carry on. But in FM, the fact that you develop tactics, buy players, pick teams to win and put so much more into the game makes it hurt more when you lose.

The second best 'moment of shame' for me after the chair thing is smashing a keyboard against a wall during a loss to my brother on a network game.

was so annoyed I threw my computer chair out of a window

----

this is the best thing.

Ive broken FM2005 and FM2008 discs in half in rage before, Ive also broken my finger punching a wall because of it, oh and i kicked my computer so hard it broke the hard drive.

one day you guys will learn that punching a wall is crazy as it always wins.

---

Ive punched walls so hard that they have dents in them and yet my hands are dent free, whos the winner there ;)

As for me, I cant throw a mouse across the room because I have a laptop, I cant swear as I play it infront of my parents most of the time and I certainly cant throw a sofa out of a window, so the only thing I can really do is sit there and shake my head.

Sometimes, if I'm in a bad mood as it is, I make the loudest roar in frustration and anger, normally during a moment of silence in the living room with my family, then get a right rollicking from my mum who tells me to grow up because its just a game. :O

As for me, I cant throw a mouse across the room because I have a laptop, I cant swear as I play it infront of my parents most of the time and I certainly cant throw a sofa out of a window, so the only thing I can really do is sit there and shake my head.

Sometimes, if I'm in a bad mood as it is, I make the loudest roar in frustration and anger, normally during a moment of silence in the living room with my family, then get a right rollicking from my mum who tells me to grow up because its just a game. :O

All this rage kept inside of you.. days, months, years.. you are a psycho in the making my friend :D:D:D

lol indeed entertaining..

Have to say, in my gaming experiences, I'm happy to say I've never once broken a controller, punched a wall, broke the mouse, or thrown the cat out the window, lol..

Although, I have sweared a lot if I get really frustrated, but that's all it leads too. Perhaps too throwing a little football that I hold in my hands, tossing it up and down while playing, to the ground pretty hard if something really frustrating happens.

I have to say though, the opposite effect is also true for me, for example, last night in the Carling Cup Finals with my Manchester United club against Manchester City, and it was an incredible game. It took 30 minutes of extra time to finally decide a winner, and I marked out when Paul Scholes slapped around a 30 yard shot just before the box area from a corner kick, for a Goal!.

Went nuts!, even more special was the fact that from the 82nd minute on, was down to just 10 men, and I somehow pulled it off.

Now let's hope I can have the same magic in the FA Cup, in the Semi-Finals against Liverpool, and at the moment, in 3rd place in EPL, one point behind Arsenal whose in 1st with 64.

In fact, my EPL is setting up to be one hell of finish.

At the Moment: (Think about 26-27 games played)

1st -- Aresnal - 64 Points

2nd -- Chelsea - 63 Points

3rd -- Me (Man UTD) - 63 Points

4th -- Everton - 63 Points

Interesting ehh? lol.. So let's hope I don't rage to much if I can't pull it off, haha.

I got so angry once I punched my screen on my laptop! You could see the impact marks on the screen but I somehow managed to get Hewlett Packard to replace it for me! I said it fell off my bed!?

I get FM rage every single day, my partner thinks I'm crazy but the bloody game is so addicitve I just can't help myself.

The laptop was in 2005 so now I just stick to throwing my mouse and punching my computer desk.

Have to say, in my gaming experiences, I'm happy to say I've never once broken a controller, punched a wall, broke the mouse, or thrown the cat out the window, lol..

You just reminded me of the time I let out a yell of anguish and despair (a four lettered tirade to be truthful) as I conceded a late goal. Unfortunately that startled the cat who was fast asleep on my lap. She awoke in a panic, leapt about two foot into the air and flew out of the room, leaving me some nice deep claw marks in the general vicinity of my meat and two veg. I never lose my temper when the cat is on my lap any more, walking like John Wayne for a few days once in a life time is enough for me.

Yesterday I lost a game in the 92nd minute and threw my mouse across the room and it broke into pieces.

I remember once I went unbeaten all the way through a season and lost the last game. I was so annoyed I threw my computer chair out of a window.

So far, i've done in about 3 mouses, 2 keyboards and 1 computer chair just from losing games on FM. The amazing thing is i'm the calmest person you will ever meet when FM isnt involved. As soon as I load up a game something sparks inside me and i'm glued to the screen for hours.

Anyone have any similar stories of FM rage?

so dissapointed the window turned out to be open, otherwisee this would have been epic

personally these days i just swear a lot, my girlfriend just humours me

I've also destroyed two desks from smashing my hand onto the top. It was a corner-desk. The middle plate was so destroyed I had to change it, as it wouldn't stand properly on its own (both sides were sort of leaning towards this plate). Then, after buying a new one I basically repeated the process over a couple of years.

There are too many funny stories tbh. Or sad, depending on your view.

At university I heard about a guy who lost a Championship play-off final after leading 3-0. Apparently when they want 4-3 up on the 93rd minute up he headbutted his monitor and fractured his skull.

Can't help but wet myself at that :D

This is one of the reasons i changed my wireless mouse for a normal one, as its far less tempting to throw it if its hooked up to my PC :)

I havent lost stupidly badly from a good position for quite a while (touch wood) so I havent done much damage to stuff yet, although the PC does get a lot of verbal abuse.

I find taking FM Rage out on L4D2 zombies is a great way to get rid of it :)

• 2 years later...

Same here guys. I'm one the calmest persons you can ever meet IRL. But this game's dirty cheating always turned me into a raging bull. Over the years (since cm93) , I smashed 3-4 monitors, 5+ keyboards, mice, 2-3 PC cases, damaged the wall (with the back of the CRT monitor), threw books, etc accross the room. As I'm getting older it's a bit easier to control my anger and I haven't even touched anything foe over a couple of years - I just keep swearing at the monitor and call the developers in many (not very nice) names.

im quite emotional when it comes to football. whether its playing, coaching, watching it or FM, i tend to get quite frustrated. Ill normally resort to clenched fists and the odd bit of profanity, but i did lose it one time. Was the final stretch of my 3rd season coaching Everton, up at home to bottom placed Wigan 3-0 at half time. Told the squad assertively to not get complacent. They reacted well, so i felt i was set. 60th minute rolled around and with an FA cup tie midweek, i decided to sub of 3 players. (cue head shake). 2 injuries, a red card and a penalty later, im on the end of a 4-3 defeat. My reaction was volatile. I demolished the coffee mug next to me against the wall, i kicked the fan (stand alone, not one on the roof) and for some, unknown reason, ripped/tore my shirt off (was an australian world cup shirt). The girlfriend watched all this, giggling. i sat there for the next 2 hours staring at the screen as i went on to lose the title by 1 point. The only positive thing to come out of it is the misses no longer mentions that football "is just a game"...

I often shake my pc monitor and ask 'why me?'

Is that you, Balotelli? :D

Worst I've really ever done when FM has pissed me off is I've hit the desk with my fist (with my mouse still in it :lol:) and throw something that wasn't breakable. Although what they hit was breakable and luckily I didn't break it. I try my best to not get mad like that, but sometimes it gets the better of me and before lashing out I aim for something soft like the bed and punch that.

Amazing (or should that be embarrassing?) how a mere game can make a 39-year-old male throw a tantrum :lol:

hola buenas llevo tiempo jugando al fm pero hace poco me dio por usar el editor para cambiar un par de cosas pero no consigo activar la base de datos en el juego no me da ningun error ni nada solo que no se me habilita la opcion de elegir la base de datos. alguien sabe que hacer?

i remember i once lost the CL final in the closing minutes and i literally smashed by mouse with one blow! and then i couldn't get out of the game because I had no mouse to work with and ended up ctrl+alt+del and lost all unsaved progress lol

it was that one time only, it was sometime in the CM3 series.

• 5 months later...

I had to go find a thread like this as I have pretty much destroyed the hard drive in my laptop due to FM rage earlier today! I was losing 3-1 or something when at home with a lower league team I was on a good run with, I had rotated the squad and adjust the formation to give some other players some game time and they start losing like nobody's business! Unfortunately, the FM2013 save was not backed up so all the hard work I put into that save is all gone!

Archived