[MOD/SKIN] RSX: Radlock - PIN protection for FM2010

radestock

Something I've done as a bit of a personal project just to see if it was doable - and it was! It might not be for everyone but why not share it?

'Radlock' is a mod for Football Manager 2010 that provides a fully customizable PIN protection system to protect your game. It's ideal for those times when you wish to leave the game running and unattended but not have anyone mess with your save. This skin is intended as a demonstration of Radlock - it's designed to be added easily to ANY skin very simply as it's totally independent of other game files. All aspects of it are fully skinnable so it can be adapted to suit a skin's particular style. Radlock does not use any special code and has been built using skinning techniques alone.

I've released it as a demo skin with the required files within it.

Screenshots

th_radlock3.jpg th_radlock2.jpg th_radlock1.jpg

Video Demo (HD)

DOWNLOAD

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?yytgmhlnwxz

Filefront: http://www.filefront.com/16516687/radlock.zip

Installation

Installing the skin is just like any other. First of all find your "\skins" folder within your user data folder. This is by default:

Win Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/

Having extracted the 'radlock.zip' file place the 'radlock' folder into the \skins' folder in whichever location above fits your system. Obviously you can change the location of your user data folder, if you have done this then install the skin there.

Load the game, untick 'Use skin cache' and tick 'always reload on confirm' from within game preferences. Press Confirm. Select 'radlock' from the drop down menu of skins and press confirm again to load the demo skin.

Using Radlock

On first impressions the only difference will be the initial screen that appears when you load the skin, giving basic information. Once you exit this page it'll just look like the normal FM2010 light skin. To lock FM2010 simply rollover the the bottom right hand corner of the screen. A padlock icon will appear - click it to use Radlock.

The rest is very simple. Just input a 4 digit code using the onscreen keypad and then press 'confirm'. Before pressing confirm you can exit back to the game by pressing the button bottom left. You can also enter a different code before pressing confirm by pressing the 'retry' button.

Once you've pressed confirm, that's it, the game is locked. Choose 'unlock' and then enter your code to authenticate. Enter the right code and the game is unlocked.

You can use Radlock as many times as you like without needing to reload the game or the skin and you can use a different code to lock each time if you wish.

******WARNING - If you do forget your code then the only way to regain control is to quit FM2010. Make sure you save before locking!!!!******

Installation of the mod in another skin

This is very simple.

1. Copy the 'radlock' folder from within the '\panels' folder of the demo skin to the '\panels' folder of the skin you wish to use it with.

2. Copy the 'radlockgraphics' folder from within the '\graphics' folder of the demo skin to the '\graphics folder' of the skin you wish to use it with.

3. Add the following line of code to the 'global panels.xml' file of the skin you want to use it with, just before the final <\panel> at the bottom of the file:

<container file="radlock/radlock"/>

That's it!

NOTE: The initial screen you see on the Demo skin will NOT be shown when you add Radlock to a different skin.

Editing the graphics

All the graphics are within the 'radlockgraphics' folder.

'\backgrounds' - this folder contains four jpg backgrounds.

'default.jpg' shows on most screens.

'locked.jpg' displays when the game is locked.

'denied.jpg' displays when an incorrect code is entered.

'unlocked.jpg' displays when you enter the correct code.

'\boxes' - this contains a 9-part image that is the background to the stars that show entered characters.

'\button' - This contains separate sets of buttons for both the digits and the ordinary buttons as well as the icon for entering radlock.

'\digits' contains the buttons used by the numberpad

'\lock' contains the button/icon for entering radlock.

The button within the main folder is used for all other buttons.

Final Notes

As far as I've been able to tell from testing, the mod is 100% working and safe to bundle with skins. I've never had it fail. However, it has not been tested over a great length of time and due to the complexity of the mod, I cannot call it a fully stable. It's impossible to test all combinations of characters to input etc, so this is why it's still a 0.9 beta. If you have any problems (you shouldn't) then report them in the support thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=209417

Please feel free to use this in your skins but as always credit me if you do.

and this has wot to do with a Skinning Hideout fourm ..ie game graphics ..

this is very unrelated to the game graphics ..

of anyone els other than a moderator done this ..

then it would have been moved ..

a case off do as i say not as i do

@ sparks199: What the **** are you talking about? :p

Very interesting idea radestock, although I've never seen any sense behind protecting a savegame with a password, as the normal pc gamers (that I'm aware of) use their pc only on their own and don't need to share it with anybody else. But maybe this feature is still needed?

ETC

It's modifying game panels/graphics and is therefore skinning.

;5386758']@ sparks199: What the **** are you talking about? :p

Very interesting idea radestock' date=' although I've never seen any sense behind protecting a savegame with a password, as the normal pc gamers (that I'm aware of) use their pc only on their own and don't need to share it with anybody else. But maybe this feature is still needed?[/quote']

Could be used on laptops that are left out around the house. Also, my brother used to do the old 'nickname' trick on me - renaming players discreetly when I wasn't around so I didn't know who was who until a few days/weeks after.

this is very unrelated to the game graphics ..

of anyone els other than a moderator done this ..

then it would have been moved ..

a case off do as i say not as i do

This is the skinning hideout. A skin is the game interface - code and graphics. This mod is an addition to the interface, created using skinning code and graphics. Hence skinning hideout.

Of course you know all this, you just have a childish grudge against me.

@Octavanius - I know a lot of people still share a computer. They might have a younger sibling that likes to mess with things perhaps. I realise it might not be useful for a lot of

people but like I said in my opening post, it was really a little project I thought I might as well share.

Thanks Radestock this is really useful (I have a younger brother in-law that likes to sell my best players for peanuts when he stays at ours.)

Sparks199 get over yourself. It's a skin modification so therefore goes with the skins in the Skinning Hideout

• 1 year later...

Archived