What year your in?

2024. Started with Dover Athletic in Blue Square South. Still with Dover. :D Don't think I'll move clubs in this save. Did experiment with moving in an alternate savefile but it just didn't feel right. Got boring once in a while... and I stopped for 2 spells of maybe a month or so, once very recently due to a hard disk crash (one month old WD Green 500GB) but it was a needed break away from the game.

What keeps me going: I want a stadium named after me, and a son to appear in the youth squad. We built a new stadium while I was already club legend but it was named Dover Stadium. So disappointed, but it's a 26000 seater and we will need a bigger stadium somewhere down the road.

1st season---> Valladolid - came 6th which was quite good as they were relegated irl

2nd season---> MK Dons - quit in feb quite boring i got them out of the relegation zone then when i looked they got relegated anyway.

3rd season---> Las palmas - they just got promoted to Liga BBVA so i thought why not

• 4 weeks later...

Year 2034, same game than in the start of this thread. Im with Messina and first season in Serie A. (got them from Serie C2 in 4,5 seasons) Very tough, started off very well but then had 9 defeats in a row, struggling ever since. Now im a point ahead the relegation.

I noticed someting interesting, I only have about 2000 season ticket holders, thats 68th in Italy, theres plenty Serie C teams ahead me. While, i have the capacity of 40k...

Lack of funds (wage budget 135k/w and £4m for transfers) and the fact i renew more than half of the squad has really made it difficult this season, but i hope ill pull it through and challenge Euro spots next season. I won EC and Confederations cup with Holland recently, yay.

Im in the 2027 / 2028 season. Been with Spurs the whole time. Ive won 13 Premiership titles (10 in a row), 9 Champions Leagues (7 in a row), 13 FA Cups, 15 League Cups, 11 Community shields. Also won a World Cup with Spain and a world Cup with England. Recently got a new stadium named after me but still waiting for my first son. I love this game!

Save 1: 09/10 with Tottenham

Save 2: 09/10 with Penerol

Save 3: 09/10 with Sydney FC

Can you tell I'm a serial game restarter???

Me too, but I usually find one game to stick with by end of the current real life season...then I think about the next FM :rolleyes:

Just starting the 2019/2020 season I think. Started as Greenock Morton ('my' team) and left about a third into the 2016 season, won the treble the season before (as well as another Scottish Cup a couple of seasons previously)...only time I've ever done that as Morton in any of the CM/FM series.

Left to go to AC Milan who were in the relegation zone at the time, with a squad full of sand dancers. Finished 6th and won the UEFA Cup. Just won second in a row Serie A, winning 30+ games and only lost 1...in fact only lost 2 games all season which is about my best ever. Other loss was first leg away to Barca 2-0 in Champs League Semi, hammered them at home but only won 2-0...went out on pens.

Probably give it another season to try and win Champs League...think it's time to move to another club already though.

For all these long save games where you are at the SAME team the entire time....do you use the SAME tactic year in and year out and build your team around the tactic?

Pretty much yeah, I've just changed tactics in 2027 so I'm having to buy some more players and sell some so I don't have any people not playing.

Best to find the tactic for you, however that may be, and build your team around it, worked for me.

2009-2027 with Ajax

5 Champions League Titles

5 Club World Championship Titles

4 UEFA Super Cup's

16 League Titles in a row

11 Dutch Cup's

12 Dutch Super Cup's

Want to break Real Madrid's all time CL title's (they won an extra 2 in my game so there up to 11 now), I'm currently on 9.

For all these long save games where you are at the SAME team the entire time....do you use the SAME tactic year in and year out and build your team around the tactic?

I have spent 20 seasons with one club at Lusitano de Evora in Portugal, I have used three different formations over those years, but the tactic gets a little tweak each season as I play depending on the players I can find and the strengths I have coming through.

That's what I've been doing in my Athletic save. Although, I started with a 4-4-2 but changed it to a 4-4-2 diamond in 2011

Archived