THE OTF FIFA.com World Cup Fantasy Football Thread

But surely you have to transfer the player into your first XI before you can transfer the Captaincy to them?

How or why is the game going to be distinguishing between later players who started in your side and late players who you have just brought into the team?

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Change your captain, providing he wasn’t sent off, with someone whose team is yet to play."

So I guess it's fine.

Will have to be weary of leaving Captain until last day as no emergency Captains in this...

Ok - cheers mate, that makes things a little easier to manage

Final team is;

Howard

King

Clichy

Ferreira

Ivanovic

Fernandez

Dempsey

Cahill

Stankovic

Suarez

RvP

with the reserves looking like this

Ochoa

Pozo

Demel

Tiene

Melo

Danny

Kroos

Bolatti

Riveros

Huntelaar

Suazo

Grafite

i only have one player the same this could be an interesting comp

Guest roberto922

that's not the right link, if you want to show us a screenshot of your team you'll have to print screen it, save it on paint and upload it to photobucket, and then post the link here, the one you tried to post is just a normal link

that's not the right link, if you want to show us a screenshot of your team you'll have to print screen it, save it on paint and upload it to photobucket, and then post the link here, the one you tried to post is just a normal link

i see why cant i just attach a file from my computer ive saved the shot to paint and saved to desktop

down where it says am i allowed to attatch files it says no do you know of the reason i have only poste about 12 times im guessing you need a certain amount of posts but i cant find it anywhere

i have sent a letter to admin asking for the privelage much easier then trying to type all the names

Lol, I was tempted by Welcome as well because he's cheap.

Also, does anyone know what Brazil's starting defence would be? I'm guessing it would be Maicon, Lucio, Juan and I don't know who plays left back. Dani Alves maybe?

I doubt they'll come in for Premier League game tbh, they seem to be making that easier and easier, not more complicated. They seem to be doing more of these changes in Champions League/Europa League games as obviously there are less matches
that's ****.

Why can't they just make these things simple?

I love fantasy football and this is one of the most interesting set-ups I've seen. I reckon it's going to involve a hell of a lot more strategic thinking than most FF games

It's all about making it easier to score points without needing as much knowledge. Same as the "emergency captain" thing from the PL fantasy. Allowing the average Joes to feel good about doing well means they have more people interested (and thus visiting on the site) for a longer time.

Personally I hate it but that's the world today...

this would be better imo that the 23 you choose was final- and you couldn't transfer in. Then you'd have a degree of strategy and luck.

That I like, possibly allowing a few transfers before the knockout phase. :thup:

this is bloody complicated. Presumably players on the bench don't actually get points-unless they're substituted on?

Only 11 players contributes to your points total each match day.

So for this we're picking 23 players which will cover the group stages and then you can re-jig before the knockout stages?

Seems like you can transfer 1 player between each group stage round, unlimited before the knockout phase and 4 between each knockout round. Or in other words a ******** of transfers can be made making sure that the average Joes out there can research by watching instead of knowing. :mad:

i see why cant i just attach a file from my computer ive saved the shot to paint and saved to desktop

Because this forum doesn't want to be a storage space for a heap of images that the users find interesting. They do however allow for linkage these days so find yourself an online imagehost (there's a bunch, just google it) and your problem is solved.

down where it says am i allowed to attatch files it says no do you know of the reason i have only poste about 12 times im guessing you need a certain amount of posts but i cant find it anywhere

Nope, no attachments regardless of post count.

Seems like you can transfer 1 player between each group stage round, unlimited before the knockout phase and 4 between each knockout round. Or in other words a ******** of transfers can be made making sure that the average Joes out there can research by watching instead of knowing. :mad:

Makes a squad of 23 thing a bit pointless really, why not stick with 15 a la Prem and Champions League? Now everyone will end up with loads of bottom value players that not only won't play but won't even need to play, no judgment involved at all, don't even need your fringe players to be first teamers now

Because this forum doesn't want to be a storage space for a heap of images that the users find interesting. They do however allow for linkage these days so find yourself an online imagehost (there's a bunch, just google it) and your problem is solved.

Nope, no attachments regardless of post count.

why are there screenshots up i dont understand why a cropped small image is so damaging

my team not including million dollar players

cesar and swhartzer out buffon and neuer in gives me another brazil mid kaka

lahm marquez samuel lucio vidik suler

pienaar krasik hamsik xavi shneizder guardado gattuso out kaka in

rooney barrios sanchez gilgardino messi out for kaka in mid

can someone give me some feedback on my side and changes im a little worried that i have a 343 formation and have three good subs in mids for 4 players

but only one good cover in forwards for three players , is this wrong

I think the best plan of action is to transfer the Captaincy around as much as you like until one of your players stumbles upon a good score. But, have your final choice in mind. So for example, I could try different Captains on 11/12/13/14/15 knowing full well that I had Villa to play on the 16th. That strategy would only fail if all your best players happened to being playing first, which is unlikely.

If a substitution or captain change is made then no automatic substitutions will take place on your team that round.

It says if you change the captain then the automatic subs won't kick in. There's plenty of scope with cash to pick the 'best' team so shouldn't be a problem.

You think we're gonna be able to change captain every day? Seems odd

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10377041@N05/4681879498/

ok here is the link , but there are screenshots up which is so much better still cant figure it out feeling pretty dumb lol can someone give me detailed description on how to post the actual shot not the link to flicker

can someone with good judgement have a look at this side it is set with early players starting and gun players coming off bench as subs same as capt

If a substitution or captain change is made then no automatic substitutions will take place on your team that round.

It says if you change the captain then the automatic subs won't kick in. There's plenty of scope with cash to pick the 'best' team so shouldn't be a problem.

as far as i can see yes but it will be a gamble when you get a captain who mid scores etc do you bring another in and risk injury etc as the week wears on you have to make a decision so should be good

Lloris is a great keeper no doubt, but here's where the term FranceLOL applies. ;) They're real turkeys this time round, I think.

My team is entered, and I had to fight every desire not to include any England players, and finally relented. Funnily enough, I've gone for Johnson and Gerrard, showing absolutely no team bias!

Lloris is a great keeper no doubt, but here's where the term FranceLOL applies. ;) They're real turkeys this time round, I think.

My team is entered, and I had to fight every desire not to include any England players, and finally relented. Funnily enough, I've gone for Johnson and Gerrard, showing absolutely no team bias!

Johnson and King for me.

Only France player I have is Evra, more for sentimental reasons that anything else.

Have lots of 1pt players. Including Wellcome.

I left out Maicon for precisely the same reason, as I imagine those two will share the right back/wing-back/midfield/winger role in the group stage. I'm also not touching the England defence for the first game, as I can't see you guys keeping out the Americans, whereas Italy's first game against Paraguay has got zeroes written all over it.

Anyway I've made more changes to my team. I just want the WC to start so that I have to stop tinkering with it. It now looks like:

J.Cesar, Neuer.

G.Johnson, Lahm, Bastos, V.d.Wiel, Kolarov, Belhadj.

Xavi, Sneijder, Veron, Gourcuff, Lennon, N.Gonzalez, Pienaar, K-P.Boateng.

Messi, D.Villa, A.Sanchez, L.Suarez.

Edit, changed it again :D

True, automatic subs won't come in if you change any captains or players during the round which is great for those who want to take a hands off approach.

Personally I think i'm better off cherry picking the best scores from a great 23 (granted it's not quite that simple) then just picking a maximum value first XI. If you look at my squad, I tihnk you'll agree it contains plenty of quality players.In fact, I'm thinking of bringing in King for A Cole but I can't think where'd I'd want to spend my surplus cash...

Anyway we shall see how things pan out, should be fun.

True, automatic subs won't come in if you change any captains or players during the round which is great for those who want to take a hands off approach.

Personally I think i'm better off cherry picking the best scores from a great 23 (granted it's not quite that simple) then just picking a maximum value first XI. If you look at my squad, I tihnk you'll agree it contains plenty of quality players.In fact, I'm thinking of bringing in King for A Cole but I can't think where'd I'd want to spend my surplus cash...

Anyway we shall see how things pan out, should be fun.

I`m with you on this approach mate, gives me back up plans throughout all the games

Maicon and Dani Alves don't 'share' the role. Maicon is Brazil's right-back, full stop.

I think that they'll give Alves one of the three group games. Probably Portugal, but possibly even the North Korea match. Don't see why they'd want to push Maicon excessively when they've got the World's second-best right-back in the squad. That's what I meant by sharing.

My team is:

Barthez

Thuram

Roberto Carlos

Paolo Maldini

Alessandro Nesta

Rivaldo

John Collins

Paul Scholes

Zvonomir Boban

Alan Shearer

Davor Suker

"Change your captain, providing he wasn’t sent off, with someone whose team is yet to play."

So I guess it's fine.

Will have to be weary of leaving Captain until last day as no emergency Captains in this...

Hiya mate - before you replied to me last night I emailed the Fifa bods - this is their reply;

--------------------------

Hi there

You can make as many changes to your team as you wish during the round

by changing your captain or swapping a player on your team to one that

has not yet played. Once you have removed a player from your team, or

changed your captain you will not be able to move him back into your

team or reappoint him as captain if he has already played and earned

some points.

You can change your captain multiple times and also sub out substitutes

as long as the players that you replace them with have not yet played.

Only 11 players can earn points in any one round, no matter how many

substitutions you make. The points of any players that you sub out of

your team or you do not sub into your team will not count towards your

point total.

Regards

----------------------------

So you were right by the looks of it

Na Maicon will play all three. Dani Alves will most likely play three games, but only as a substitute coming on for FM/Elano/Kaka probably.

Don't know how you get this insider information. Maybe if you prefaced your argument with a supposition I'd be inclined to agree with you, rather than making definite statements.

As I say, I don't think Maicon will start all three group games.

Makes a squad of 23 thing a bit pointless really, why not stick with 15 a la Prem and Champions League? Now everyone will end up with loads of bottom value players that not only won't play but won't even need to play, no judgment involved at all, don't even need your fringe players to be first teamers now

True but that's what you get when pandering to the average Joes out there...

why are there screenshots up i dont understand why a cropped small image is so damaging

One small image isn't. But every image that any user feels he/she needs to post pretty soon amounts to a ******** of additional storage capacity that the forum owners (rightly) don't want to pay for.

4681879498_32e19ceb4d.jpg

\o/ :p

I don't know, I really like the idea that there's two different ways to approach the game.

Someone could shell out £11m for Luis Fabiano (£10m) and Yum Nam (£1m), or for the same price they could get Gonzalez (£4m) and Suarez (£7m). The latter's more appealing to me, and not just because I think Uruguay are going to be awesome (although that's part of it :) ). Chances are Fabiano will outscore Suarez and Brazil will go further than Uruguay, obviously, but I prefer to take a bit more of a risk; Fabiano might get injured or have a mare, and because Uruguay play earlier in the round I've got plenty of chance to swap in other players afterwards if they crash and burn, which wouldn't be the case with Brazil. There are even more permutations with defenders. Pique/Lucio/Lahm + some squad bloke from Honduras, or two starters from Greece/Slovakia/Paraguay, etc?

I think there's a really good game to be had here. It's a lot more involving than a straight pick-and-sit-back-and-hope game, at least for me.

True but that's what you get when pandering to the average Joes out there...

It's going to ruin.

Interesting FIFA response there, was gonna mail them myself but signed up, auto completed and not looked at it since.

This is basically gonna be an exercise in 'who signs in the most' during the matches.

I know no one is playing but I am doing Metro for my brother as it's for money, that thread has died, seriously, leave it, no 'list of players', you look at defenders and then scroll through them all until you find the one you want to put in!

I mailed them, telling them how rubbish it is compared to the last one they did based on Premier League game, he mailed back straight away with a 'sorry you feel that way' ... so awful to get around the site

Archived