THE OTF FIFA.com World Cup Fantasy Football Thread

The game has launched!!

For those who havent played before the link is here;

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/M/home.mc

FIFA have given the option to set up both a classic league and a head to head league so I have set up OTF versions of both.

Code to join the OTF Classic league: 7054-1589

Code to join the OTF Head to Head league: 7054-1612

Good Luck!!

Classic scoring

Teams are ranked based on the total points in the game. In the event of a tie between teams, the team who has made the least transfers will be positioned higher.

Head-to-Head

Each gameweek you will play a match against another team in the league, with a match result based on game scores. 3 points will be awarded for a win and 1 point for a draw. In the event of a tie, the team with the most game points will be positioned higher.

** You'll be able to pick your team on the 4th of June, after the official squads have been announced.

*** The Round 1 deadline for your 23-man fantasy squad is 15:45 (South African Time) on 11 June. You have unlimited free transfers until then.

You may enter one McDonald's FIFA World Cup Fantasy squad, multiple squads will be deleted. Your squad of 23 players must consist of:

* 3 Goalkeepers

* 7 Defenders

* 8 Midfielders

* 5 Forwards

The number of players you can select from a single team depends on the stage of the competition:

Stage Players from a single team

Group stage games 2

Round of 16 4

Quarter-finals 6

Semi-finals 8

Final and 3/4 playoff 8

Each player will be given a value between 1 and 10. These player values will reflect, in the opinion of the game developers, each player's fantasy points scoring potential.

The total value of your initial squad must not exceed 150 units. This can change as the tournament progresses and player values fluctuate.

Invariably at the end of the group stages, some of the lower value players will be eliminated from the competition. To account for this in the knockout stages your team budget will be increased by 5 units before the Round of 16, with a further 5 units before the Semi-finals.

You will be able to make unlimited free transfers before the tournament so you can keep up-to-date with any last minute changes due to injuries etc.

WORLD CUP MODE

Private classic and overall leagues will also show a World Cup Mode being played out. Once the knockout phase of the tournament starts, depending on the number of teams in your league, the top teams will go into a knockout playoff. For example, if you have between 8 and 15 teams in your league, at the point of the Quarter-finals, the top 8 teams will then go into a knockout phase, with any remaining teams being eliminated from the World Cup Mode view.

If you have 16 or more teams, the knockout stage will commence at the Round of 16.

Any points deducted for making transfers leading up to the round will be deducted from your World Cup Mode match score.

If a World Cup Mode match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:

1. Most goals scored in the round

2. Fewest goals conceded in the round

3. Virtual coin toss

CHECK OUT THE PLAYER SCORING AND SUBSTITUTIONS RULES

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/M/rules.mc

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The World Cup trivia game in the same section as the Fantasy Football is well worth a go. You play against other online players.

Actually - its a bit lame. They just asked who is the England coach. Answer? Steve Mcclaren ffs! Theres prizes in this and I get screwed on that! Anyway i`m off topic.........

WORLD CUP MODE

Private classic and overall leagues will also show a World Cup Mode being played out. Once the knockout phase of the tournament starts, depending on the number of teams in your league, the top teams will go into a knockout playoff. For example, if you have between 8 and 15 teams in your league, at the point of the Quarter-finals, the top 8 teams will then go into a knockout phase, with any remaining teams being eliminated from the World Cup Mode view.

Are we doing this???

JOINED! I take it player selection will be available after June 1st?
Probably June the 2nd unless there is a set time (GMT) for the 23 to be named on the first? I would probably start dealing with it on the second. Messi and Ronaldo gonna be in my team :p.

From OP/website:

** You'll be able to pick your team on the 4th of June, after the official squads have been announced.

Its just cosmetic really, Wont affect the actual classic league.

Ah good. Then I think it's a great addition... :D

anyone know if premierleague.com will do one liek they usually do?

Not seen any confirmations yet but I would guess so. Worth a play for it's unique limitations. :thup:

Can you edit the team as much as you like before a certain time? I want to create my now but would like to know if I can change it should people be cut out of squads etc?

Squads can't be created until the 4th June, but when they are released you can tinker to your heart's content until the first deadline which I think is around the 11th June.

Try this game: http://worldfantasy.soccernet.espn.go.com/app/start.jsp

Point scoring is similar to FPL so you may find it's what you are looking for :thup:

Have they updated their game much the last few seasons???

I did their PL and LaLiga games 2 years ago and it was one of the worst fantasy gamjes I've ever tried (Yahoo PL being the worst ever IIRC).

Have they updated their game much the last few seasons???

I did their PL and LaLiga games 2 years ago and it was one of the worst fantasy gamjes I've ever tried (Yahoo PL being the worst ever IIRC).

I've never played any of their games tbh, but when I've been looking around for the best World Cup game this one seemed the most like the Premier League game.

I'll just be sticking to the official game and maybe dabble in the Metro game however :thup:

Archived