Idea for FM11 (Transfer Requests)

Right so I'm playing a file with Bolton and after this happened to me I decided something needs to be changed:

-Man City/ Spurs declare interest in Gary Cahill.

-Cahill wants to go to a bigger club so hands in transfer request

-After trying to tempt him to stay I ended up accepting the request

-Managed to sell him to Sunderland for £10million.

And on the confidence screen the fans put the signing as 0%, very poor. Adding that he was a star player and shouldn't have been sold or something like that.

So basically I'm getting blamed for selling a player who didn't want to be at the club for a lot of money??

I think it's a bit unfair.

Surely the fans should say something like- the fans are disappointed by the sell but understand there wasn't much that could have been done.

what are peoples thoughts?

I agree with OP. I think that it would be a good addition if the manager wasnt 'blamed' for selling on an unhappy player and especially when the manager has got a good price.

I understand that a set of fans love a certain player but surely the fans wouldnt love him that much if they knew that he wanted to leave the club.

It would still be mixed reactions. Some would hate the player for leaving, some would hate the manager for selling him for too little, some would hate the manager for even selling, and some would just hate the manager...

I think in that situation the fans should notice that the player's performances are dropping, then when it comes to the sale they recognise that yes a star player has gone, but they could see his mind wasn't with it any more so should be reluctantly happy with the sale.

Very good point. And also when a chairman goes over your head and sell a player because the deal was "too good" it's even worse. The fans say that they are outraged over the sale. It would be good if you could explain you didn't make the decision or something like that.

Archived